litecoin

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by matt71, Dec 17, 2013.

1. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Best place to buy LTC ? I've decided to give it a whirl. Got my wallet ready (after an age of waiting for it to sync) and am ready to outlay some fiat after a fair bit of research. I figure that it really couldn't be any more risky than the ASX and have a bit of play money to lose or win on. I just want a straight forward transaction IE Cash for LTC, where do I go ?

2. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My advice is buy some bitcoin from coinjar or localbitcoin then transfer to btc-e, buy ltc with btc. No need to have a wallet, you are provided a trading one with btc-e. click finances, select deposit and copy address.

Ps. Meant to "quote" not "thank"

3. southerncross

Yeah but then I need a Bitcoin wallet right ? or I need an online trading wallet as above? Third party risk etc ???

4. STC

Buy bitcoin - turn into litecoin then store in your home pc wallet. But this stuff moves fast, you could buy ltc at $25 & sell at $30 in a blink, much easier keeping it in a trading wallet.

5. southerncross

Suggestions for a safe trading wallet for a crypto virgin then ?

6. Lead Chucka

Lead Chucka Member

I haven't had any issues at all with BTC-e.com. All trades have executed perfectly and I've had no problems with their trading wallets. I just keep some in my PC wallet for safe keeping and some in BTC-e for trading the swings.

I wouldn't touch Cryptsy as their exchange can be a little unreliable at times of high activity. They've lost my coins on three occasions and I've missed two great trading opportunities because of it.

7. Lenny7888

Lenny7888 Member

Hi I am also wanting to invest in LTC I have been looking at it for some time now I have read bits and pieces just wondering best and easiest place to buy in U.K.? Thanks

8. Load of Bullion

Load of Bullion Well-Known Member

For Bitcoin - I'd suggest you download the Electrum wallet and record the wallets seed and password on some paper, take a screen capture and save it to a USB memory stick or etch it into a rock (get the idea)and store them in a safe place of safe. You could even take a photo with camera of your seed and password.
    If someone steals your computer, it does not matter because you have the wallet seed and password. You can open your wallet up on another computer with your seed and password. Your Bitcoins are not stored on your computer. They are stored in the block chain that is shared around the planet!. Your wallet simply gives you access from a computer to the world wide block chain.

BTC-e is good but only keep what you want to trade there. The operators could theoretically pull the website down and leave everyone high and dry without the coins they were trading within there website.

I gon't use it, but GP has now pointed to https://anxbtc.com in Hong Kong. I don't use this site but it could be a real contender as major trading site. Their trading fees are 0.1 per trade according to GP. BTC-e is 0.2% per trade. GP knows one of the business operators at Asia Nexgen (https://anxbtc.com).
    Because it is young, we are yet to see how this site stands up to trading and other aspects.
    See thread: http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-45567-asia-nexgen-bitcoin-exchange-in-hong-kong.html

9. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

0.1%, not 0.01%. I use BTC-e as well - but ANX is a licenced exchange in HK, as opposed to an anonymously run unlicensed exchange that operates behind shell company remittance providers "somewhere" in Europe. ANX just has really light volumes at times.

10. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So who jumped onboard? :D Going great guns!

11. STC

I set a buy in at 25.43 overnight that filled completely so I'm in, few buy walls holding it in a $26-25.90 pattern atm but if SilverSale is in I am too (lol).

12. SilverSale

13. STC

Holding my breath atm, underwater & my gut is telling me another bit further to go. Time & patience, bag holding is normally short lived with this crypto.

14. SilverSale

LTC added to another exchange..

(1/12/2014) BitKonan, EU based Bitcoin exchange platform, used their existing Bitcoin trading interface and adapted it to Litecoin/usd trades. Although we've been witness of various Bitcoin protocol based cryptocurrencies popping out in last couple of years, BitKonan CEO, Sime Bakic, announce their firm believe in future of Litecoin. "Besides many requests we had from existing Users on daily basis, efficiency in mining and faster transaction confirmations are advantages which will secure Litecoin future and that's why we decided to introduce it on BitKonan trading platform" says Bakic.

15. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This has been going on for a long time now silversale... Mt gox and replied peoples emails/publicly stated/tweeted they are going to support LTC, it could happened tomorrow for what anyone knows but I wouldn't hold my breath.....

16. SilverSale

This news came out today.... absolutely nothing to do with gox.

17. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

18. SilverSale

Ok, you are responding to something I wrote a week ago. Yes, I'm well aware that it has been a long time in the works.

19. SilverSale

Crypto being pushed close to breaking point. Stops will be running wild if it goes much further south...
    The bots are having a field day in this low volume. I'm going to take a small loss on this trade and see how it plays out. How you getting on STC?

20. STC

I'm holding.. Didn't want to take the haircut so bought some more at $23. China news is bad but it hasn't fallen off a dramatic cliff yet.
    Normally I would short sell & increase my holdings on the way down, I still might have a chance to do that.
    I'm now 80% in, a bigger drop could devastate me, but it is speculation funds so shit happens.

Fingers crossed