litecoin

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by matt71, Dec 17, 2013.

1. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

The BLR has jumped massively in the last 30 hours or so - flat lining around 0.026, hit 0.0345. Big shift in the ratio if you swapped BTC for LTC while the ratio crashed :cool:

2. Emanance

Emanance Guest

3. Load of Bullion

Load of Bullion Well-Known Member

Who can saythe chart show variant drops against peaks...I'm highly vested in Litecoin at the moment so I would not appreciate such a drop.
    I highly doubt it will happen. Litecoin has established the "silver" aspect just as it is marketed.
    The LTC infrastructure is poor IMO (but better than other alt coins), but nonetheless it has established it's position for now.
    Sites such as Cryptsy now have LTC as a major base currency. The demographic has evolved.
    This is why I am taking a bit of a punt by being in it. My goal is to have more BTC at the end of the day.

4. matt71

matt71 Member

been doing some research and there is an ever growing community of online stores taking Litecoin now..momentum has started and I think it will only continue..

5. Emanance

Emanance Guest

I'm holding enough to be concerned also LoB, hence my (attempted) analysis. I hope for your sake and mine, it makes a turn around soon and moves 70% up on the ratio like it did on the 20th June 2013.

6. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It will be interesting to see what happens long term and if litecoin will be challenged for second spot. Which I think it will, purely speculation though...

7. Load of Bullion

I lost on LTC at during March 2013. I traded the ratio during the run up in at the end of November 2013 and did very well. Many of us spotted the 0.05 ratio at that time.

This weekend has been eerie. The usual dip was modest and now BTC has acted in a bullish manner, mid weekend. I don't know what to make of this. I suspect this is highly bullish.
    I'm thinking BTC is going to break a $1000 again by Friday.

8. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

What criteria do you use to analyse crypto infrastructure LOB?

I've read a few online forums where mention is made of how good the dev team is and how busy the online community is etc etc, but as a complete novice and ignoramus I wouldn't know if that is BS or not.

9. Load of Bullion

Basically, I'm not happy about the lack of home computer based wallets for Litecoin. A lack of good options. I don't like the Litecoin-QT wallet because I don't understand an aspect to the security of it, but perhaps I need to re-look at it (It is not user friendly, IMO, but I'm no expert at this shiny).
    When I try to open the Litecoin - QT wallet.dat file it tries to open the Bitcoin-QT wallet.WTF!!!!. I can't wait to get out of Litecoin so heavily and more into Bitcoin at this point.
    I know things will improve. This is an evolution and these are early days, believe it or not, we are early adopters. Just wait until another 12 months has passed!.
    I also find it annoying that people are not aware of how well developed BTC is. BTC transaction confirm speeds and double-spend concerns have largely been sorted, which gives other coins little to zero advantage over BTC.
    You can't compare the amount of infrastructure being created around BTC. Litecoin is not in the ballpark. Yes, various coins will add various useful options as we push on into the future.

Hey, check these vids. Well worth it, IMO. Various topics + Bitpay is playing a major role in the Bitcoin ecosystem.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue0_GhTykxw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xErcjeDhTdQ[/youtube]

10. Load of Bullion

1) Security in regards to the block chain (potential vulnerabilities)
    2) Wallet choices (home computer/variant computers:Linux/Mac/PC etc, Paper wallet, Developing mini "computer" wallets on the way, very serious efforts like Armory wallets, mobile phone wallets Android/iPhone compatible, built in currency calculators, multi signature wallets for businesses as per the Bitpay initiatives to develop these so employees can't steal the Bitcoins, user friendly interfaces that monkeys can operate with ease, user friendly retail software/hardware options for retail counters, Sound wave "chirp" tech has been developed, dumb phone (non-smart) ability to participate for the worlds poorer people etc.. I could think of more aspects but this will do for now).
    3) Mining rigs/mining issues - not my interest but this is a multi-million dollar business which employs a lot of people etc. ASIC mining rigs built for Bitcoin!.
    4) Participating people are part of the infrastructure! - community adoption of the technology/awareness. Bitcoin the "brand". "Safety in numbers".
    Here is my video:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgwKTcFCxJE[/youtube]

5) Retail involvement and the plethora of issues that need to be addressed to add ease within the retail environment (see the Bitpay talks in this thread to get an idea of some of the issues).
    6) Bitcoin has the massive advantage of being the original 'double spend resistant' "Crypto coin" - this is priceless IMO. What about other cryptos.dev team, pre-mined?, pros/cons. Bitcoin is not perfect, but (what is) coin is?.
    7) The amount of tech based entrepreneurs with various stages of ongoing development.and there is tons.
    8) Development using the ledger (the block chain) for a plethora of uses beyond the "coin". HUGE field of interest and potential growth - legal - escrows - financial agreements.
    9) ATM type products (there are now multiple companies).
    10) Reliable professional companies providing trading exchanges and companies such as Coinbase and Coinjar whom provide entry points into the market.
    11) Cryptocurrency based organsiations focused on charity.
    12) Media resources available to assist the public to better understand Bitcoin and subsequent crypto currencies.
    13) Discussion and technology to address aspects of crime.
    14) Emerging resources to assist education.
    15) Organised conferences
    16) Physical locations such as 'Bitcoin Decentral' in Canada.
    ..there is no doubt much more I could add to this if I though about it longer.but this will do for now.

11. goldpelican

Price is on a tear at the moment - up about 25% today! The BLR has jumped too - LTC is growing quicker than BTC in price today.

12. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Grabbed some LTC earlier today at 25. MtGox announced LTC coming... still didn't say exactly when.

13. matt71

matt71 Member

will b interesting to see what happens when they do..now official from Gox themselves..NICE:D

14. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sold all ltc at $31.10
    Buy back later

15. SilverSale

Good sell there STC.

Tipping a decent fall could be on the cards here.... i'm on the sideline again.

16. SilverSale

Looks like a break-out :)

17. goldpelican

BTC-led - ratio isn't doing much.

18. SilverSale

LTC place to be imo.

19. Lead Chucka

Lead Chucka Member

I think this break may top out at around the $30.00-$30.50 area..... but I'm just entertaining myself as I'm not holding any LTC :p

How do you fellas think it will fare?

20. SilverSale

Looking quite bullish to me.. next couple days will give more indication, but imo better chance than not of new highs for both BTC & LTC.

As always, be prepared to jump ship if things go pear shaped.

Sunday tomorrow! :/