John Williams Shadow Stats

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by JulieW, Jan 6, 2014.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Here with Greg Hunter of USA Watchdog.

Dollar panic during the first half of 2014
    Own physical gold.

A lot of very interesting information including that presidential approval ratings usually indicate dollar strength.
    USAWatchdog.com is always a good source of commentary and John Williams is one of the primary sources for what the figures really mean.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQt-FFDM_5k[/youtube]

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Good video. 90% chance of hyperinflation by the end of 2014... big call there. Though with all these little financial snowflakes slowly piling up, one is bound to start the avalanche

3. JulieW

Pretty much my thoughts too House.

4. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Be ready for the biggest u.s. dollar bull run .........it will smash some Asian countries that are heavy in u.s. denominated loans............
    For a currency that was written off, it will be the only.............repeat the only currency in the game soon...............if they have their way with the european banks and confiscate deposits to save the bank....
    There will be no hyperinflation...................all this squawking about it....where is it????????????
    The majority are always wrong............this is the exact thing we need with gold...........the majority to be wrong......then the worm will turn.
    If you don't believe the u.s. can rise then you should just give up on gold as well because the mechanism behind the moves out of a bottom are too many people caught short..........this is what gives it the upwards momentum. As it will be with the dollar, so it will be with gold.

5. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Williams has been predicting hyperinflation every year since QE started

6. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You been reading Jim Rickards?

7. JulieW

Can you elaborate on your thoughts?

8. tolly_67

If they allow the use of depositors money to prop the banks in europe...ie cyprus style....then the euro zone banking will be driven to enormous losses. Loss of faith in the zone due to the unpredictability of the clowns making the decisions will drive money out of europe and the euro......
    What on this earth is capable of absorbing that much capital....................bonds can absorb but with interest rates about to move upwards....just look at the 10yr bond as an indicator...they are a losing proposition.
    That leaves us with stockmarkets and the mighty u.s. dollar...........and some into housing of course.
    Don't expect the stockmarket to collapse just yet......and don't mistake a healthy correction with the start of the end of the Dow.........many others will be fooled if this is to occur.........it is just the start.
    Capital will flee the euro zone as banks will be stripped of capital compounding their problems..............taking depositors money will have the reverse effect to what is expected.
    Capital will flee the currency and the sovereign bonds............this is an awful lot of money looking for a home.
    Gold may eventually benefit but so will all other tangibles when this happens.....wheat, corn, rice, copper, etc etc.
    Gold and tangibles will come into their own once the u.s. dollar has its turn in the spotlight and capital flees from it and u.s. bonds. Then you will really see stockmarkets move. Never forget, money has to go somewhere and that somewhere preferably is a big market, a fluid market, a rising market...and hopefully one that can pay a dividend.

9. Axolotl_

Axolotl_ New Member

I have, I read Currency Wars and watch every video of his that comes out, for my money he has the best reasoning and grasp of the big picture.

10. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just on the last few pages of Currency Wars ;) Probably the best and simplest analogy I've heard so far. Such clarity, sense and brevity makes him one of my favourite Jims.

11. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Tolly as far as I can tell The Fed will doing ANYTHING they can to keep the USD Numero Uno........And wont car if everyone in Europe loses all their savings!

12. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ohh contraire mon ami... the US is quite happy to "kill the dollar". In a currency war, holding reserve currency status is like fighting with 1 arm tied behind your back. They want to remove that millstone from around their necks.

However, in a race to the bottom, the trick is not to arrive there first. The US will drag this out as long as they can. The question is how much longer can they keep this going.

It's been 6 years since the 2008 GFC precipitated. It's hard to argue against the existence of cyclical ups and downs that occur in economies. So, regardless of all the Govt. intervention, we're due for a cyclical downturn. There's only so much the US Govt. can do to hold back the tide.

13. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

haha what a load of crap!

14. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

John Williams looks and sounds very sick.

I wonder if he is a smoker, as he sounds just like my father just before he died of a heart attack, worn out by Emphysema.

Agree with what he says, I get this STRONG feeling 2014 is THE year!

OC

15. Clawhammer

Agreed, he doesn't look well... definitely has 'that' look. He looks pink like he's got carbon monoxide in his blood from smoking :(

16. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

JW left himself an out by stating that hyperinflation will start by the end of 2014. What exactly is the start of hyperinflation?

BO will not allow bad things to happen in the economy until after the 2014 Congressional elections. Then, all bets are off. So, I don't believe JW will get his start of hyperinflation in 2014.

17. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

If the Bond Markets and Wall Street go into panic mode, all BO can do is print a QUADRILLION and cover ALL of the mess.

Same with the ECB, BoJ, and BoE.

OC

18. Clawhammer

While I agree with you on this part... I'm not sure how Obammy will be able to 'control' hyperinflation as it'll be caused by those holding dollars outside of the US.
    The way I understand JW's is proposing the hyperinflation kickoff is when those outside the US lose confidence in the USD's they're holding and try to get rid of them for something of value. In this environment, all the other holders of $US will be doing the same and will not be accepting $US as payment, the only country that will being the US.

These foreigners will be trying offload as much of their $US for US products/real estate as they can before other foreigners can compete for the same limited resources. The price rises will be so dramatic that US citizens will be essentially excluded from the market as prices get bid higher and higher by overseas 'investors'.

JW's proposes the only way the US Govt. can stem the tide is;

1) Offer these foreigners attractive Govt. bonds, Unlikely to be bought by foreigners as these will be just another proxy for more worthless paper money created out of thin air.
    2) Capital/Price Controls
    3) Destroy the currency.... create a new currency, make the old dollars worthless, so that there can be no claims on US assets or goods.

19. JulieW

I'm with you Clawhammer. I can see that as a very likely scenario.

People keep saying there is no sign of inflation because the banks are holding all the print. Well not ALL of it and once the people lose faith in the currency then that starts hyperinflation after all it is a confidence event not a printing event.

20. tolly_67

Their society will be crippled a long time before hyperinflation ever arises.........the u.s. is not some hick country, it is still one of the biggest economies in the world.....if it is crumbling then so are the rest......
    Keep holding your breath for hyperinflation...........
    If hyperinflation actually happens in the u.s. then you are looking at a complete loss of faith in all.....repeat all economies...this is doomsday scenario and your gold and silver will not save you.....this is the scenario for the guns and food stackers......and with their guns they will take your p.m.'s.
    So many have joined the so called obvious dots over the last 5 or 6 years.....and guess what......the majority have been wrong, wrong, wrong.......and yet people are so quick to quote those who have been proven by their own words to be............guessing.
    It is the same on here as it is with our politicians.........we look to the same people to solve our problems who were the same people who didn't see it coming in the first place........so if they didn't understand things from the start then how are they supposed to understand it now?
    There will be changes, that is a fact, but that is all up in the air right now. Those in power do not understand......not yet.