1oz Silver bullion bars for $3 over spot - Is this cheap?????

Discussion in 'Silver' started by goldfever1980, Dec 29, 2013.

1. bull_bear

bull_bear New Member Silver Stacker

2. Stacked

Stacked Member Silver Stacker

Hi DBCooper

A couple of suggestions. You need to allow pop ups for this site so if using, disable this for silverstackers. Also check your In Private Browsing Settings and if using disable this for this site as it will lock the toolbars whilst browsing.

3. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

Reading through this thread was worth it for one line alone:

"i do not need a mechanic who likes bananas having a go at me"

:D

4. PM

PM Active Member Silver Stacker

Sometimes value is found in the strangest places :)

5. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

I guess all the cars HONK even without the mechanics :lol: :lol:

[​IMG]

6. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

Waited for this post, great to hear.

I tell ya what goldfever1980, if you can keep your prices where they are on 1oz cast bars you're laughing mate.

Your poor intro is going to be forgiven very quickly if you can keep a steady flow of them available - nice work. You have a very good thing going here, there really wasn't a need to be deceptive.

7. phoenixeagle

phoenixeagle Member

8. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Glad it worked out for you
    BUT
    The 1/10 silver rounds :rolleyes:
    4 leaf clover ,BLACK WIDOW SPIDER ,HALLOWEEN - SCARY PUMPKIN
    Any body game to buy some & test them
    Once I saw those that was enough for me ;)

Just another dumbass trying to be an online dealer :rolleyes:

9. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

Should put the link to your site back up now it is accepted as non spamish

10. spannermonkey

:mad:
    NO
    I SAY SCREW HIM
    He still has the fake 1/10 on there
    I say let him become a site sponsor & remove the fakes
    Than maybe :/

11. phoenixeagle

phoenixeagle Member

Just bought some of the poured bars. Will also do an update when they arrive :)

12. Aureus

Aye, they look suspect. I wouldn't touch them without some kind of proof either. goldfever1980 would be well worth chopping one of those in half and showing us the results, maybe you'd even win over Spanner then :p
    It is a pretty saturated market you're coming into, however, 1oz cast bars at $3 over spot - can't say that's a common thing. You would be the go to guy for such a product if you can make money consistently at that price.

That's the angle id be going for if I was you.

EDIT:
    Noticed the coloured rounds have your stamp on the other side, maybe you could simply share where they are being produced?

13. goldfever1980

goldfever1980 New Member

Hi, just letting everyone know i have posted out 5 lots of free samples to people over the last few days, i am sure they will receive them soon and i hope the 5 members will test them in various ways and report back here. I have sold these for a while and never ever had an issue, sold hundreds at $10 and over on ebay, there was plenty of profit margin without needing to make fakes. Sold over 10,000 x 1 gram coins and bars and also never had an issue.
    We are pretty much out of cast bars (Until i can get more) (plenty of SPM bars in stock) (For everyones info i buy my blanks from MPM in USA and stamp them myself. (So SPM bars are identical to MPM)
    I am also running low on minted coins and bars - Lots of people taking advantage of these prices.
    If anyone else wants a free sample please email [email protected] after Jan 13.

14. spannermonkey

:mad:
    Now that you have admitted it's you
    Shouldn't this be in the trading thread ?

15. michael19

michael19 New Member

As a web developer i confirm this website/business is fake. the shop is set up on open source code which has errors in it, design of the website is 10 years old, many errors and no professional uses huge fonts just to cover up space. has no faq page. and the list goes on and on... If in small chance this shop is real then they should rethink their website and hire a professional since their dealing with PM....Image is everything now a days. ;)

What surprises me tho is that i have a thread were i ask about help about silver and get 2 responses yet stupid thread like this gets 3 pages ;)

16. Aureus

A "web developer" is hating on someone for using an open source shopping cart? are you kidding me?...

17. michael19

michael19 New Member

Hahahhaha seriously? Do you guys come here to talk about silver or just to start pointless conversations that are made up? Who is hating? All i wanted to clear out was that the website is very unprofessional. Of course evert web developer likes open source but if i have a business with expensive items i would want my code to be private and secured for my customers. Open source can be easily hacked.

18. Aureus

I wasn't the one saying:

"i confirm this website/business is fake."

That's made up bud. The guy is doing the best job he can to clear his name and prove his business is legitimate, he doesn't need someone shooting him down every second post. He is even willing to send out free product, actions and attitude are far more important than flexing your flash and photoshop skills.

My favorite dealers don't even have websites, their business image is their personality. goldfever1980 admitted to a rocky start but he's doing more than he needs to to rectify that in my eyes.
    Maybe a secure shopping cart is needed but you could have expressed that with a little more tact.

19. michael19

michael19 New Member

OK i agree with you but i was reacting to his first post which wasnt done in proper way as well. I also said
    "If in small chance this shop is real then they should rethink their website and hire a professional since their dealing with PM"
    Its great what he is doing, he didnt mention that towards the end of the thread.
    His website looks really fake and i personally would never buy from there not after seeing the site. Nothing against his business, but he can just learn from this if he wants to run a business.

Now youre comparing people and websites, Of course the best dealers come with personality.

20. ojame

ojame New Member

Going off topic here, but just for clarification:

Open source hasn't been proven any 'easier' to hack than proprietary code. Just because the codebase is open to the public does not mean that the code should have vulnerabilities which makes it easier to 'hack'. 'Hacking' is all about finding weak spots in code, which can appear in open source or proprietary developments. Just because someone can cruise through Github to try and find faults in popular repos doesn't mean it's 'easier' than cracking open a licensed bundle. If open source was so 'easy' to hack, why do over 70 Million sites in the world rely on Wordpress?

Magento, one of the worlds leading eCommerce solutions is open source. It's used be nearly 1% of all websites (and considering there's a decent percentage of all websites which aren't using a cart, that's a decent chunk). If it's so insecure, why on earth would Nike, Nixon, Dick Smith, Men'sHealth, Toms and a whole lot more use it?

Open source exists to let the community build and perfect a product. Open source should, in no way, be linked with 'unprofessional'. Yes, the OP's site is unprofessional, but it's better than a lot of other tripe out there. As a web developer, you should know that there's an insane amount of DIYers who think stuff like SquareSpace, 99Designs, Sites n' Stores is okay for a business. Just because the site doesn't look as good as it should (or function as well as it should) doesn't mean it's fake - that's a terrible accusation based on nothing at all. There's some genuine websites out there that literally haven't been updated in a decade. Bad? Yes. Fake? No.

Bullion Bourse doesn't have the latest website - in fact there's a percentage of it still in tables. Ignore the fact that it's currently broken on individual item pages (Holidays, maybe?) - this site doesn't look as flash as Gold Stackers, but there's still a hell of a lot of people here that trust him (I'm one of them), and he's got a lot of business.

Don't use the 'I'm a web developer' thing to spread nonsense.