Home robbery in Brisbane

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Lunty, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

I too am incredibly sorry to hear about your loss Lunty, they took metal but at least they didn't hurt anyone in the process. I hope they catch the scumbags.

Maybe it is the attention this place needs, because I tell you what, getting peoples home addresses is way too easy as a seller.
    People need to wake up and realize there is some scumbag most likely snooping on this forum and they probably haven't had to work hard to find valuable targets. We all need to be more careful, and if a scare like this isn't gonna do it then nothing will.

-PO boxes
    -no home stashes
    -don't get too friendly over PM or F2F
    -and make your trade feedback & location private.

Even if these threats are unrelated and can't be traced back to the site it's better to be safe than sorry.

2. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just saw Lunty's public appeal on the State Ch9 News. Very effective cobber.

We'll get 'em mate.

3. IlikeSilver

IlikeSilver Member

Thats a disgrace!! i saw you on the Sydney news today, lets hope they find these fools, they or him/her knew him and his hobbie so its closer to home i think then a random break an enter, either way lets all hope they catch these low life peasent mofo's as we really dont need people like that walking the earth,

I would rather he finds them first before the police if you know what i mean, then maybe just maybe take them to hospital after they fell down that huge flight of stairs head first and broke every major bone, i think these mofo's are in need of one major case of lead poisoning

4. brisbanecoin

brisbanecoin Member Silver Stacker

Hey buddy, Saw your appeal on the News to day and really feel for you. Its even worse knowing you were going to move your metals in a couple weeks. I really hope they catch these f**kers and you get your stash back. Thoughts and prayers are with you!

5. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I feel for you Lunty, and hope that some good comes of this.

When I see the photographs of the safe open and damaged in the way it was, I can't help but feel that it was a targeted event.

Assuming that it was not your own tools, consider, how may opportunistic burglars carry a crowbar?

6. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Do you think a private investigator might improve the odds of capture? We could do a whip around. I've no idea if this is a practical suggestion but I would kick off with $300 if:
    1/ More astute professional members think the idea could have merit
    2/ Enough members would contribute sufficient to get some action from a P.I

7. Acorn

Acorn Well-Known Member

I also wonder what percentage of opportunistic burglars carry their own supply of bleach! Definitely not kids.

Lunty,

Sorry for your loss cobber. Thank the Lord you still have your health, loving partner and your youth.

We all know life can be full of disappointments and setbacks. Please don't let this episode or these arseholes ruin your outlook and close personal relationships.

Kind regards

Acorn

BTW Thank you for your service to our nation Christopher. I sincerely appreciate the efforts that you and other hard working and selfless Australian Defence Force men and women do for all of us.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Lunty I just hope you get your metals back. Don't loose hope this still may happen...Given the fact you've fought for this county, I reckon the police will pull out all the stops and get to the bottom of this.

Good luck mate, seriously.

9. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I haven't seen where anyone has done anything other than express sympathy for Lunty. But you are missing the point. The easier the access, the more likely the theft. SDBs are relatively cheap and you have the banks security system working for you. I keep my pms in SDBs and I make sure that everyone knows that fact.

10. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Oh oh aren't you the clever one.

11. silvermernda

silvermernda New Member

i feel for you mate,my fingers are crossed for you,
    sounds like somone snooping forum for sure,
    if indeed this is the 3rd person from Brisbane from this forum
    who has been robbed,
    maybe it could be worth 3 of you's get together and look at
    trade history,
    not sure mate :( but i really feel for you and your family and i wish you all the best ,
    hope you catch your rat,and can spend 1 minute with him alone ,

12. slipage

slipage New Member

Silvermernda great idea, hopefully the police are already onto it and a mistake was made to track em down. All the best Mate let us know if there is anything we can do.

13. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

I had a new member about 3 months ago respond to a swap post I put in the sales thread. As soon as we swapped details they went cold. I have a po box so no threat.
    I did put up a post but I searched and cannot seem to find it.
    Beware guys there are people fishing for addresses and please get a PO Box

14. Argentum

Argentum Well-Known Member

Just watched on Yahoo the video. Hope everything works out for you. Really sad to hear this is the 3rd bullion roberry in recent couple of years in Brisbane.

15. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

GP, I left the member negetive feedback. Is there anyway you can search for feedback I have left?
    It's the only negative feedback I have ever left for a forum member.

16. Revils

Revils Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You have to pick it up within 48 hours, after that they move it to the post office (usually at the same site as the parcel lockers)
    I've got a parcel locker - used it several times, they send you an email that says it has arrived and it comes with a code to unlock your locker (no specific locker number is given to you, but you have a fixed address to give to senders)
    So not for storage but good to not give out your home details, even if you don't store at home (which you shouldn't) it is extra free convenient safety.

17. roscoebuddy

roscoebuddy Member Silver Stacker

I don't know how practical this is but perhaps the silverstackers.com site could be reconfigured so that non members cannot view any threads at all to prevent criminals from getting any information at all on members being accessed, although I do realise it's our own responsibility to make sure we dobt give away too much info. Maybe the homepage can be changed to just a login screen and perhaps slightly tighter measures be taken to ensure not just any Joe Blow can join.
    Maybe not feasible but worth thinking about for the protection of us all.

18. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Pointless if there is a member behind it. Trading is where private details are given out.

19. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

I feel terrible for you mate.

20. Kawa

Kawa New Member

Terrible news for a good guy.One thing I take away from this is that if you home stack have a big big safe and cameras as well as some non precious metal.

The news coverage I have seen of the two most recent robberies show safes no bigger than a hotel safe.

I don't mean to be harsh just pointing out that a serious safe is seriously hard to get into and baddies don't like getting shot nor photos taken of them.