2013 1kg Coloured Snaked coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by IlikeSilver, Jan 2, 2014.

1. IlikeSilver

IlikeSilver Member

Ok guys go easy on me,my first post and kind of new to this stacking business,well im certainly not a stacker with my tiny almost 60oz collection, there is a couple of 2oz lunar horse coins arrived after i took this images a couple weeks ago, i have been collecting Genuine WW2 Japanese swords for some years and now moved onto another form of precious metal,i sold one of my least favourite swords a few weeks ago to purchase some silver,

Not sure of what to buy i got a 20oz perth, 1kg coloured snake coin and a couple smaller coins,but i like the cast bars but coins are much more appealing to the eye,what is best to buy as price's are quite low at the moment, i was considering selling another sword or 2,but my swords are much more rare then any precious metal and the returns are much better too i have some high end minty swords :) ,but anyways here is a pic of what i have,im thinking of unloading that 20oz bar and just having coins? is Perth mint coins a good way to start? should i have even purchased a 1kg coin for my first coin? im totally new to this but i want to have quality or well known Minted products,thank you

Julian

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

Hi IlikeSilver,

I collect Japanese swords and fittings, too! If you have the chance PM me I'd love to chat nihonto.

Cheers,
    Chris

3. bull_bear

bull_bear New Member Silver Stacker

Hey Julian,
    Well done on the coins/bars you have so far,
    sounds like your buying silver as more of a collector than a stacker,
    so id suggest having a look at some of the offerings from the site sponsors section of the forum, to see whats out there.
    If your based in Australia PM coins/bars are relatively liquid so a good way to start (the kg colored coins a little less liquid) you can usually offload unwanted Peth mint silver later if you decide to focus on a niche collection.

4. IlikeSilver

IlikeSilver Member

Thanks mate,yeah i thought the big coin may have been a little bit much for a starter coin,i just saw the list of mintages and it was 5000 on 1kg so i thought it may hold it value better then a 1kg cast bar,and the day i purchased it it was $900 AU from a respectable dealer here in Australia, they are based in Perth with a wide range of products and fast secure postage, Perth Bullion Co it used to be bullion bourse,but anyways i will only buy from them, i dont know if that little comment is aloud but hey im only being honest,

a little bit of topic here, but yeah got scammed on Ebay by some scumbag called Tombo3110 a while back,it was my first purchase and wow lost it all,and didnt get my box of 25 1oz bars, was not impressed, the Federal police's Fraud Squad could do nothing either he ran a good scam after i figured out how he did it,and i was not alone he scammed alot of us on the one week so we banded together to use our own resource's to track him down from fake names for rental properties,fake name for bank account and paypal account, i know how him and his mates worldwide were boosting each others feedback to look good like honest sellers selling 10oz gold bars and what not,real high end items,

what tipped me off was a guy in Italy recieved his silver before me,and going through his feedback found the same names in USA,Italy,Germany,France,all buying off each other only, his auction finished the same day,when he was based in Australia i could not see how a guy in italy recieved his 2kilo's 2 days after auction,then i messeged him and got nothing, we tracked him down to an empty work shed in Capalaba QLD on Tombo St, an old guy and young guy spend all day everyday in there on computers the bussiness next door told us,anyways its a much longer but he skipped the country using his real passport and document which we will never know, but Ebay helped him scam us all, i reported him to ebay straight away,they didnt close his account and people where still sending funds, i left colourful feedback which he made private straight away so no one could see my nice messege about this guys character,

5. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

Yikes! That is a terrible story, I'm amazed you stuck with the idea of stacking after that initial experience. Hang in there, you have some great silver based on your pictures. You will find lots of help here and only the occasional cranky member which can be overlooked. Hope it goes better for you from here forward. I really enjoy stacking but it clearly comes with some risks.