Home robbery in Brisbane

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Lunty, Jan 1, 2014.

1. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sorry to hear that, really nothing much anyone can say, there's always a possibility the cops could find them.

I think it's all to common that people keep their stack all together, maybe for convenience when you want to look at it?
    and mostly inside the house, which is where the thieves go.
    so no matter whether they targeted the theft or it was just random and they got lucky, well you made it easy for them,
    90% of the time thieves would of just stumbled across your safe or stash area in your house.

Just like one would diversify in investments, one should diversify in their security.
    a safe is a diversion tool at best, keeping thieves busy busting a safe doesn't leave them much time to look around,
    if it was empty they may not have time to keep looking, if there was a stack of silver in it, they'd probably assume this was it and go.

There's so many little air tight boxes you can buy to put in gold bits and bury in your backyard.
    I've never heard of thieves digging up a backyard to find valuables.

your stash was so tasty, I wouldn't be surprised if they track you to see where you go, who you visit, do they have a safe too?

2. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just on then on Ch 9

3. Emanance

Emanance Guest

I hope the coverage this is getting in the press helps locating the offenders, and Lunty's stash.

4. bigcountry

bigcountry Member Silver Stacker

This just makes me sick to the stomach. This is now three in Brisbane. Can't be just coincidence. We need to pull together as a community and make sure that justice is served.

5. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

Holy Shit!!!
    My stomach dropped when reading this. I really do hope you recover your metals, bloody awful thing to happen.

Some prick is doing well out of stackers in Bris :mad:

6. Lunty

Lunty New Member Silver Stacker

Thank you everyone for your support. Very hard day today, but your caring words have helped.

7. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

lunty very concerning mate

talk with rbaggio for cross correlating purposes

and for fucks sake stackers if you have metals at home you are fucking mad

8. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

Absolutely gutted for you mate, I hope the scum that did this get caught and severely punished.

9. RoboTrader

RoboTrader Member

Really sorry to hear what happened. I saw the news article this morning. Hope the police catch the bastards and you get your hard earned back.

10. VANGBAC

VANGBAC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Feel real bad for you mate. Hope it works out well for you and the low lifes are caught.

11. Emanance

Emanance Guest

I'm no IT boffin, but does anyone know if their is a way to see what IP numbers have come into range of a wifi router? I'm thinking, if Lunty, or his neighbours have a wifi router, this maybe a way to isolate what smart phones, if any entered the area within the time bracket this crime took place.

I saw a segment on the news the other month where it was reported that most traffic lights in Brisbane now have devices that register the exact time and date that every active bluetooth device passes it. These unique BT numbers can be used to correspond to the unique mobile phone IEMI numbers that the bluetooth is associated with! They even said when the phones BT is connected to the cars BT number, this can be associated uniquely with that cars registration. My theory is if Queensland Police could perhaps search Lunty's router for any smartphones that came within range of his or a neighbours router. That would give an exact time. Then they could project average travel times to the closest sets of traffic lights to gather a list of potential suspect BT numbers that where in range of the traffic lights at those times. This short list could even be compared to a list of known offenders that may have had the getaway vehicle registered in their name.

Queensland police are fully equipped to carry out this kind of high tech investigation. They have even invested in a 'Faraday Cage' at police HQ.

12. Wiowi

Wiowi Member Silver Stacker

I feel for you Lunty. Scum and sh*t bags aren't strong enough words to describe the low life who did this. I trust they will be caught and justice will be done.

13. tristanho

tristanho Member

gutted to hear this, hope these scumbags get caught and ur possessions returned! take care and stay strong lunty.

14. wasilver

wasilver Member Silver Stacker

Hey Lunty,

Bad news - I feel for you. However.....(I have no inside knowledge on this other than what was in the news)

1) If the crooks used a wheelie bin to remove your PMs it doesn't show much planning and probably indicates a random burglary where they literally struck gold (sorry)

2) Clowns like this generally won't be able to help themselves and will have to show their prize to "others". "Others" generally talk and hopefully this will eventually lead to the Police

3) They will have no idea of the precise value or how to dispose of these particular items, hopefully the publicity campaign raises awareness with all legitimate second hand dealers etc keeping an eye out

I wish you luck and hope you get your gear back.

15. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ref 1)

I thought the same thing, using a wheelie bin?????? If they were planning to be carrying a lot of weight you would think they would have had a bit of a plan?

Is there any chance of a photo of the safe? Was it a heavy duty safe with proper loving mechanism on it? Just asking, if not possible to post pic no worries.

16. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The fact that this happened to someone, let alone a few here, makes the whole precious metals thing bullshit now in my opinion. Some bit of pond life can't break into your home and plunder your woolworth shares. Very depressing and I hope Mr Lunty comes out the other end of this stronger and that he's a couple of decades younger than me.

17. tiddleyetom

tiddleyetom Member

F#cking awful news Lunty, lets hope the cops can do something...

18. goldilox

goldilox Member Silver Stacker

i too literally have a sick feeling about this
    lunty, prayers are with you
    stay safe stackers

19. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My deepest condolence to you Lunty.
    This is really really awful to hear.
    I sincerely hope there will be some.lights at end of this tunnel.

20. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

Heard about it on a news flash earlier tonight, then googled the news article for more details.

Only just saw this thread - and really sorry to hear that it was one of our members.

My thoughts are with you Lunty. I hope that the cops can do something to help you recover some of your hard earned .. and soon.

Au-