Home robbery in Brisbane

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Lunty, Jan 1, 2014.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I concur with the sentiments expressed already of grief and outrage at what was done to you and your family, Lunty. This is really bad and a true tragedy as this represents, as you say, the theft of your life savings and the likely ruin of many future plans you had.

I also very much like Trew's suggestion to connect with the others who have been victimized...you may be able to piece something together that alone you would not.

I hope the contemptible scum sucking dirt bags get caught and if they die a very painful death, I would shed not a single tear for such low life's.

Keep us posted with any positive news.

2. bja

bja Member Silver Stacker

Can I ask what suburb you are in? you have got me concerned now.

3. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

I suggest all concern post via pmd. This is a public forum.
    For all you know the involved party are reading this.

4. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

Distressing that there is a lot of these issues in Brisbane. Stackers should look to keeping their metal in a bank rather than their home, as it seems, stackers homes are a target for thieves.

5. bja

A suburb is a pretty big area, but duly noted

6. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

with the internet and google map , you can be pinned point to a little dot.
    Exactly to a pin location ever thought of that.
    And the World seem smaller with it. It takes 2 secs to speak to you.

7. bja

How? through a suburb location? they are many square kms?

8. Emanance

Emanance Guest

No one deserves this to happen, even more so when you've worked as hard as you have, and risked so much for all. I'm truly saddened by this news.

9. brisbanecoin

brisbanecoin Member Silver Stacker

Hey Lunty, really feel for ya mate couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke; really hope they catch whoever is responsible! If you get your stack back or decide to start stacking again check out the Reserve Vault in Brisbane, its a lot more secure and you can go once a week, and your stack can be insured. A terrible way to start the new Year but once again I hope they catch them and your stuff gets recovered!

10. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3rd forum member in the Brisbane area to have their metals stolen in the past 6 months or so. If I was EM (and thank god I'm not) my spidey senses would be tingling.

11. Macros_The_Black

Macros_The_Black Member Silver Stacker

Unfortunately it is plastered all over the press:

EDITED to remove URL to news report out of respect for Lunty (even though this is being publicly posted)

If I were Lunty, I'd have that article neutered for personal info, if possible.

The easiest conclusion to jump top is that this is somehow facilitated by someone among us. Bad news.

@ Lunty. I don't know you very well, but from the time I have spent with you, they may have stolen your life savings and screwed with your future, but what no-one can take away from you is your enterprising nature and your enthusiasm for life itself. Stay safe, and PM me if there is anything you think I can help with.

12. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Logged on when I read the Qld Police tweet

:-(

13. Macros_The_Black

I too logged on when I saw an article online. Unfortunately full details of the address, suburb (and the names of the victims) etc have been quoted in the press, which frankly I think is risky.

Hard to stay out of commenting, but as another member reminded me by PM, it would be best for discussions here, no doubt being watched by possible perps, are kept respectfully vague. (Not that I'm anything else but vague on New Year's Day ...)

14. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

abc radio national reporting it so no hope of keeping it quiet.

15. Macros_The_Black

No doubt it will be on National TV News Networks too :(

16. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Mate - extremely sorry to hear about this today - absolutely bloody awful - also totally shocked that the Press/Media should've circulated your name & address because that effectively puts a big red target on you to crims in the area - the press didn't have to identify you!

I know you'll have probably had to get a list together to give to the 5-O - is it worth posting a list of missing items here on SS so at least if anyone comes across anything offered for sale they could pass info on to you directly?

Thoughts with you and I hope the Police get the ba5tard5 concerned quickly. This is again a most unwelcome but very poignant reminder to all who stack or trade pm's - DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES KEEP ANY PM's AT YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE, EVER.

Always use a secure storage facility, whether that's a bank vault or something similar, always always always communicate via a PO Box postal address only making sure never to reveal your precise location and ensure any public records/lookup info/phone/geolocation data are secured at all times.

17. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Just Thinking...Is it possible to place a high tech GPS type piece inside say a bar of silver..Just like they place a chip in dogs to track it down if it becomes lost.

Anyway it must be a time of great distress to loose all your stack on new years day.

Hope the police catch the thieves ..A lopsided person might be a suspect.

Regards Errol 43

18. Stacked

Stacked Member Silver Stacker

QPS Facebook reporting this as 75KG of bullion.

Interesting comment from someone......"On either the Coomera Community page or Northern Gold Coast page, there was someone asking advice, that someone they knew had bought a heap of gold bullion, and they wanted to get it checked to see if was authentic. This was about a week ago though"..............maybe related one of the previous robberies

19. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

WoW, reading those articles made me feel sick, so sorry to hear this.

Should be a reminder to everyone that a $200 bunnings safe or even a couple thousand dollar safe isnt going to protect your hard earned. If you want to hold this much physical(for those fortunate enough to build up that much) then surely a safe Deposite box would make sense. I know I wouldnt feel safe having $5k or $10k in my house, let alone $200k, I wouldn't be able to leave the house.

20. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just read the news reports, very poor form with the amount of detail in those reports. I reckon there would have to be someone in the area with cameras facing the road in the area, door knock the local area.

3 Brisbane members in 6 months - that is just crazy. If there is a fourth that would be more than just bad luck. If they are caught they should loose a couple of toes.