NZ MINT is to release Disney coins next year

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by AgAuNEWS, Dec 15, 2013.

1. AgAuNEWS

AgAuNEWS Member

The banner has gone live on their site. New gold and silver coins from early 2014 but little other information. Be interested to hear what people think is coming, or what they want to be released. It's a licence with a lot of potential to bring in new collectors.

[​IMG]
    Source: AgAuNEWS http://agaunews.com/?p=7747

2. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

bring them on but keep the premium low...

3. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

Huge potential with unlimited products. Will probably be some fantastic packaging and lots of painted coins. Low premiums? Very doubtful, don't think they will be using their license to crank out stackable silver. IMHO, flashy stuff with high premiums, lots of Disney collectors out there that will want some. Isn't that pretty much what NZ mint is known for? Will be very interested to see them but doubt I will be able/willing to pay for them.

4. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Give me Warner Bros over Disney every time. Daffy over Donald.

5. xrayspecs

xrayspecs New Member

It's not Daffy but the Polish Mint put out a Bugs Bunny coin recently :)

While I've really enjoyed seeing more pop culture coins appear - Doctor Who, Spider-man, Superman, Scooby Doo, etc - I don't really understand why they only come out with a silver version of these coins. The majority of people who would buy these are fans of the actual theme - like Doctor Who fans, Superman fans - no (silver) coin collectors. Memorabillia collectors aren't interested in silver content, they're just looking for a keepsake with their hero on it. At the very least they should release a cupro-nickel version of these coins for $19.95, which would sell like hot cakes, and then have a $110+ silver release for more discerning collectors