James Rickards "Why The Fed Will NOT Taper Quantitative Easing"

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Silver2012, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Silver2012

Silver2012 New Member

US job growth came in lower than expected in August, and the unemployment rate dropping to a four-and-a-half year low as workers gave up the search for work in the US could delay the Federal Reserve's scaling back its massive monetary stimulus later this month.

James Rickards does NOT believe they will be able to taper any QE in 2013. Here is an excerpt of what he said:

"I don't think it's going to happen. Certainly it's on the agenda in the sense that the Fed is talking about and thinking about it they certainly would like to taper. I don't think there's much doubt about that. And to a great extent the markets have priced that in. I don't think the Fed actually will taper in September in fact, I don't think they'll do it at all this year and the reason is I'm sort of taking the Fed at their word. They said we'd like to. Tapering is the jargon, it's reducing asset purchases, but asset purchases are the way they print money. So what they are really saying is we are going to print less money."

Read more: http://wp.me/p3GFw1-KY

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WfVrN-pFC4[/youtube]

2. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

I like Jim Rickards. He's one of the few people I always pay attention to, being one of the more sensible and balanced commentators out there. It's probably because his interest in not in precious metals, but in monetary systems as a whole.

3. Silver2012

Silver2012 New Member

Let's see if Jim Rickards is right about this month. What do you guys think, will the Fed taper QE in December??

4. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yesterday's jobless claims would suggest no. CPI figures next week should be the final factor but even so I doubt there'll be any taper. If next years 1st quarter GDP figures come and go without any taper, regardless of what silver and gold are doing at the time I intend on buying large. There's only so many times the Fed can cry wolf and the markets will still believe them.

5. C.H.

C.H. Active Member Silver Stacker

I think Fed can taper for a about a month, just to scare the sh%t out of everyone and create market drop or whatever. Not in December though.
    They will however re-start tapering after that as they don't really have a choice, because without it US has to default and looks like
    they rather see it to hyper-inflate than default.

6. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

FAR more likely to double QE than halve it!

OC

7. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Bernanke wants below 7% employment......Ummm o.k......What about the 40 odd Million that are on food stamps? Even Rickards said it in another clip posted by Julie W that the U.S is ALREADY in a depression.......They're not going to fix this EVER!

I've seen youtube clips of families living in cars in special overnight car parks, and families in empty houses with no electricity and no food in the fridge because of long term job losses........The people that have jobs are o.k what about the rest? :(

8. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member