Craptsy down again...

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by VRS, Dec 10, 2013.

1. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. moo

moo Member

definitely lost my confidence. two times in 24 hours my btc feels like it has disappeared. I don't like having btc tied up in a site that is down. Time to sign up to yet another exchange.

3. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

bter.com? none of their charts work properly which doesnt fill me with confidence.....

4. VRS

New servers in at Craptsy! I've spent the last 2 hours in there dealing, seems now to be working smooth as under normal load - we'll see what happens when BTC drops off a cliff at weekend...

5. pro$pector

pro$pector New Member

The trade engine has always been a pile of shit since inception.

Where did you guys get the "Craptsy" term from? I'm glad that has become commonplace!

No one will believe me but I coined that term about 7 months ago, we even had a craptsy.com that redirected to mcxnow. :lol:

6. Load of Bullion

Load of Bullion Well-Known Member

I've spent a couple hours at Craptsy this morning too. It does seem to be working OK, but I'm out of there (except a for small positions).
    Butcan Cryptsy take the heat when trading fires up, as it is going to do. Quark is going to get very interesting.
    I'm now in Bter backing out of my sizeable Quark position as I was in Craptsy this morning. It takes time especially with the very low volumes in Quark (kinda scary!). I can't stand the heat, when it comes to my Quark position, not worth it - :cool: .
    Looks like I'll be up approx 8 BTC for my troubles so I'll leave that in Quark, for old times sake :D .
    BTC is my crypto gold in every sense.

7. VRS

You might want to cash-out some of that 8Btc 'for new times sake' lol! Sure there are plenty of people here who'll buy Gox/Coinjar price right now... watch out for the wicked weekend mind... also don't get too friendly on QRK - things could change very very fast there if they don't sort the management & PR side out...

8. Load of Bullion

Ya..but..As you are probably aware, Quark has a couple of big events coming up. It is going on a Chinese exchange this friday (see prior post of mine/should this eventuate??).& the Kieser Report with Bill Still is going to aired on the 19th Dec it seems. Geesh. :rolleyes: crazy times. Bloodbath..comes to mind.

9. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

Hold onto QRK for a few weeks more, at least, based on the reasons you mentioned. After that, who knows?
    If you want to speculate and flip on a crypto, there's dozens of coins on Cryptsy you can sink a few BTC or LTC into.

Think about those people that flipped LTC at $12 when they bought at $6.
    Sure, they doubled their money, but if they were a little more patient, they could have sold for $40. As it turned out, they doubled their money and then chased the price up, which is really no gain at all.
    I'm not saying QRK is definitely going to be as successful (the jury is still out on that one) but I think because prices move so fast, there is the temptation to treat all crypto trades as a quick flip when in fact some of them may have longer term value in the multiples. After all, look what would have happened if you had held BTC bought at $10 for the medium to longer term.

These are early days yet, the genral public doesn't really know anything.
    The mission will be, over the next year, to pick out which cryptos are going to make it into Joe Blogg's wallet when this goes mainstream.

10. silverzman

silverzman Active Member Silver Stacker

is something seriously stuffed with this site?

There is buy and sell. If i want to buy i click on the top sell price and place a order but it goes into a "pending" state. WTF is that wouldnt it auto fill?

11. Load of Bullion

I resorted to selling at prices fractionally lower than what the website throws up. I did this to speed up a lengthy process of withdrawing from a large position in Quark back into BTC.
    It depends on how fast you want to operate. I moved quickly and it ended up being financially more viable as prices were trending down slowly as was trading out.
    I had to make heaps of orders and had to keep going back and cancelling them. I was worried Cryptsy would not be able to keep track.
    Luckily Cryptsy pulled through in my case. But I'm outta there now for the most part. I've got a few WDC's and SXC's there as a something a bit different on the sidelines (don't plan to touch them for yonks).

12. JDMseaweed

JDMseaweed Member

man how long does it take to transfer QRK to cryptsy.. its been 4 confirmations already... taking forever..

13. Load of Bullion

I transfered LTC into Cryptsy today. It took roughly 20-30 min I think. I didn't time it. Things take time at Crypsty.
    Once this incoming Quark situation is going to be interesting. Can Cryptsy hold up??????.

14. JDMseaweed

JDMseaweed Member

140 confirmations already.. n still waiting.. i knew i should have stayed with BTER..

15. Load of Bullion

BTer is currently a superior site to Cryptsy as far as I'm concerned. I'll trade Quark at BTer.

16. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

LMAO.

Seriously. You guys wanting to speculate on alt-coins complaining that some exchange is not operating within your expectations? The irony is palpable. Actually, I can even taste it.

Edited to delete repetition. Repetition. Repetition. Rep.....

17. cowwws

cowwws Member

Annnnd its gone... cryptsy down again - roughly 10 minutes after I transferred some LTC's there... Bter working... was about 10 minutes faster to receive coins too... and it's working... :rolleyes:

18. Lead Chucka

Lead Chucka Member

Yep, they just found my missing BTC and QRK so I transfer them outta there, get confirmations and ............ the site crashes again!!! No sign of either currencies in my wallets.

F%#@ Cryptsy!!!!! :mad:

19. VRS

Aaaaaaaaaand.... DOWN AGAIN... 6.15am

20. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

Love Cryptsy.
    Dashboard looks great and I love the way orders are not registered when I make them but the BTC in my account disappears.
    I know it will come back again, though (eventually).
    It's all part of the fun of trading money for widgets on the new financial frontier!