Gold Beating a Dead Horse

Discussion in 'Gold' started by The Road Home, Nov 26, 2013.

1. The Road Home

The Road Home Member

A popular topic around here regarding manipulation of Gold is answered by Armstrong.

[​IMG]

QUESTION:

Hello Mr. Armstrong,

I understand your thoughts on manipulating against a trend, but with gold being halted for the 4th time in 3 months by large sales orders placed during illiquid hours, does there come a time when you can say, "OK, something fishy is going on here."?

Banks have been caught manipulating energy, aluminum and libor So why would gold be so special as to not be manipulated?

"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, but three times is enemy action." Ian Flemming, Creator of James Bond
    BG

ANSWER: Talking directly with real sources, it has been liquidation. If it were a manipulation, they would be covering the shorts. They have not done that. This has been simply liquidation that is going with the trend. There is no depth to the market anymore. Liquidity is down by 50% on everything. This is the same kind of liquidation that took place in the last year of the Nikkei. It is just capitulation. The orders are not even that large. There is simply a lack of buyers even during the liquid hours. People would flock to buy gold if there was a real solid bull market bid.

It is just a matter of time. Let the liquidation take place. It has to do this. Mines will close and shorts will then build going into the lows. It will be the shorts who make the low NEVER longs. At the low, people can only see it going lower and at the high, it will explode to a new plateau any day now. In 1929, Irving Fisher became famous for saying the new high reflected the real economy and it was a new plateau that would hold. In Japan, they said the Nikkei was destined for 100,000. In gold in 1980 $1,000 was a blink-of-the-eye away as was $100 silver. With the introduction of the Euro, the press touted that the pound would collapse because it was not joining. A major German manufacturer sold a year's worth of sales in Britain short on the news. I got called in to get them out of a $1 billion loss based on what they read in the press.

You simply MUST break the back of sentiment to reverse a trend be it up or down. Yes, you are beating a dead horse. The longer you make excuses, the longer you will suffer losses and fail to see how markets really trade. If all the commodities were in a bull market and ONLY gold was declining, that would imply something is wrong. But that is not the case here for the entire sector is declining as is Emerging Markets who were the big buyers in commodities. Nobody, not the Fed or any powerful group with all the bribes paid to the IMF to keep funding Russia, can prevent a reversal in trend.

The Club, or market manipulators, tried to get me involved directly. I looked them right in the eye. They invited me to the IMF dinner to try to impress me how they had government in their back pocket. It does not matter. All the bribes in Christendom cannot make a bull market out of a bear market. They have lowered rates to virtually zero in Japan for more than 20 years. It failed to stimulate the economy.

The Club are in this game for the quick fast buck not for systemic manipulation. That is just absurd. Where is the immediate profit in that? They manipulate government systemically to prevent being criminally charged with countless manipulations. But that is starting to come back to bite them in the ass. They could not control every government and in Britain, they could not stop the investigation into LIBOR.

A very famous member of the Club lost money his employee's pension money he played with on the side in England. He somehow fell off his yacht and drowned preventing any investigation into the Club. I would not trust these people with the keys to my car to simply park it. They keep trying to manipulate but they blow themselves up every time. How many bailouts have there been? They are not even good at the game because they think they can bribe their way to profits and never consider the risks that independent analysis reveals.

Nevertheless, they are by no means interested in pressing gold lower systemically. Every manipulation they have pulled off going right back to the 1980 and using the Hunts to get the public involved, has been on the UPSIDE. Why? It is easier to manipulate the metals for whenever they rally, everyone WANTS to believe this time is real. They get a deep market and sell the top every time. They changed the rules in the metals in 1980 lowering margins to a fraction for themselves (shorts) and increasing them if you were long. That was CRIMINAL, but they own the CFTC. There is no quick buck in pressing metals lower except selling into a major high or spike rally. They want money NOW not later! Most of the big players are out and those remaining will make the low when the finally capitulate.

Gold has followed the same pattern as every other market when it gets into an over-bought position. You ran up for 13 years. THERE MUST BE A CORRECTION after that. There is no exception. Why constantly make excuses? Just go with the flow and you will make more money than refusing to accept the simple fact that what goes up, also goes down. I do not care what the fundamentals are. Bullish news in a bear market is NEVER bullish enough. Bearish news in a bull market is ignored. The trend decides all interpretation.

Gold is in line with all other markets. The stocks are rallying because that is the focus of big money. They need DIVIDENDS to compensate for the low yield in bonds especially pension funds or they will go bust. Gold offers no such dividend. Only capital appreciation when it rises. They get both trends in stocks and with a rising dollar, the foreign investor get currency gains on top of it..

2. danman49

danman49 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

informative.

3. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

"What do you tell the dominatrix who's into bestiality and necrophilia?"

"You tell her to stop beating the dead horse."

4. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's all just a blur to me now anyway. I can no more understand M Armstrong than the lingo of some computer techie. I hope they all get brain cancer. Can't wait till gold and silver are in the past - just boring metals

5. valuecreator

valuecreator Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Armstrong is an idiot.

listen to these guys.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WRncnX8l6w[/youtube]

6. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I reckon he is spot-on.
    A realist who understands markets...

7. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Are we there yet ?

:lol:

Seriously, he confirms that he has spoken to members of 'the club' - the target of current investigations into huge market manipulation including FX markets

Members of 'the club' cannot possibly be individuals trading their own accounts - they are the big banks, hedge funds and possibly even institutions

8. The Road Home

The Road Home Member

Not quite, hang on just a little, for now.

9. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

beat it back into to the ground :lol: dead horse year on arrival

to the underground :)

10. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Nice to see the charts looking healthy. About fucking time!!

11. jragon88

jragon88 Member

I agree with Mr Armstrong.. And try my best to save enough $$ to buy gold while its low/lower over the coming months/ maybe years.. then when the cycle repeats itself I'll be prepared in advance.. I think rather then predict the market, I better prepare for the long term which would see gold climb again to catch up with all the rest of the world..

Cheers!

Jragon88

12. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Armstrong is right on all accounts in his answer. Thanks for sharing that, TRH.

It is sentiment that drives interest in a commodity. Interest in gold and silver by strong hands and investors in general is low and as Armstrong points out, there's lots of liquidation. The prices were probably manipulated high for a number of years and now we are in a consolidation period. Once investor money looses sentiment in the paper markets, they will turn toward something else...probably commodities like the metals. That's the easy thing to understand. The more difficult thing to understand is the when. When will sentiment turn? I feel that Armstrong is right in asserting that something big has to happen...that's how the back of sentiment is broken as Armstrong suggests.

The ending of QE could be the turning point. Could be something else also. Remember, it's sentiment of big investors that shape the direction of markets and commodities.

13. The Road Home

The Road Home Member

Armstrong states 2015/16 max. Reason: loss of confidence in all Government. We can see the initual stage happening now.