Name & Shame Time - How Not To Do Business On SS

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by VRS, Nov 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well, after 6 weeks of non-response to our messages & emails, canvasing Kam-L, House and several others whose opinions I've come to trust here I figured it's time to name & shame a member who has sold duff kit, done a runner, provided no explanation nor offered a refund - in fact nothing at all, after we sent them an initial friendly SS PM inviting them to give their side of the story.

Unfortunately, not a single contact happened - that after I'd passed on my phone # to the user via House who has traded with him/her several times, for which I'm grateful but which has produced absolutely sweet FA of a response.

So WA-based Peter & Joy Campbell or Silvercross as you're collectively known here - here's the original message we sent for all to see, complete with pics.

You've received the first negative feedback I've ever posted for anyone on SS - thanks very much indeed.

No, really - THANK YOU.

To follow is what we sent - I'm not inviting the usual MASSDEBATE... that's not warranted.

I just wanted to flag this person as being a total shitebag, unreliable, devoid of ethics or honesty as we can only presume they are, given the lack of man-up required in these situations.

Hopefully noone else will get burnt in this way.

We're still waiting for a response and/or refund - not holding our breath though tbh.

Enjoy the spectacle...

VRS ;)

#####START#####

Dear Silvercross,

We finally received your parcel post satchel today - as you know we actually paid for Express delivery, which probably explains why it took nearly one and a half weeks to arrive to QLD from WA.

On inspecting the outer we note you had detailed our address as both addressee and also as sender.

When we opened the satchel there was an overpowering smell of vegetable oil.

On inspecting the coins we found that the silver 1oz Dirham is fine however the 1/4 gold RSC Macaw is not.

The capsule of the Macaw was literally swimming inside & out in vegetable oil.

The oil has ingressed into the capsule, coating the coin and leaving a residue all over its surface.

There are also marks on the coin on obverse & reverse - see pics.

We placed the coin on a microfibre cloth and drew off the oil using another microfibre cloth dabbed very lightly on the coin surface, but the marks will not shift and they look like sticky residue on the fields of the coin.

It looks like the foam wrap around the Dirham kept out all oil - and we can only presume that the bubble wrap you used to wrap both coins had this oil on it when you wrapped them - I don't know how you could have not been aware of this.

We're minded that you also have not responded to any of our messages this week and hope that we don't have to take measures to bring this to the wider forum's attention, but obviously we need to remedy this ASAP.

The gold Macaw in its present state is worth no more than spot value and we obviously cannot sell it on in this state or swap/trade it for other metal other than for spot value, so you need to address this please.

I propose that we return the Macaw and that you refund us fully plus our postage plus an additional $5 (you didn't send these by Express as requested yet which we paid for, and if you had we'd have been able to deal with this much quicker).

Please contact us urgently here, on [email protected] or by phone on XXXX XXX XXX.

Thx,
    VRS

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/2731_screen_shot_2013-10-22_at_92955_am.png][​IMG][/imgz]
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/2731_screen_shot_2013-10-22_at_92938_am.png][​IMG][/imgz]
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/2731_screen_shot_2013-10-22_at_92916_am.png][​IMG][/imgz]
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/2731_screen_shot_2013-10-22_at_93027_am.png][​IMG][/imgz]
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/2731_screen_shot_2013-10-22_at_93047_am.png][​IMG][/imgz]

#####END#####

2. Alfie

Alfie Active Member

Why would they mail coins out with oil on them?
    Could the oil come from other sources?
    Seems weird
    Alfie

3. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Thanks for the heads up on this very unfortunate experience you have had. I believe it is a good thing to make it publicly known which sellers are not to be trusted. It helps others avoid potentially similar bad experiences.

4. VRS

According to House when he managed to contact the guy he said that his wife 'may have been cooking' when the coins were wrapped up.

I agree something very wrong there tho', what with that, our delivery details as addressee & sender, rattle-around the bag packing and ordinary parcel post when we'd specifically paid for Express, hence long long long delivery...

As I said, just a shit individual, and I don't want any other SS'ers having a similar prob with these people... 'nuff said.

VRS :/

5. skipau

skipau Member Silver Stacker

Sorry to hear about this VRS.

Putting the sender address as your address just smells like they knew something was up from day one... anyway thanks for that heads up!

Perhaps now they have dropped the silvercross username and registered a new one as well. Might be good to ask GP to do some of the IP cross checking to see if there is a new alias on here to be careful of as well.

I only hope for their sake that VRS doesn't get VRS investigations onto them! look out if they do!

6. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I guess another solution would be to refund the premium difference between spot and what you paid at that time. That way at least you can sell it for spot.

But then the guy has done a runner, so fat chance he would come clean with the deal.

Good luck with whatever happens.

Slam

7. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

8. valuecreator

valuecreator Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I remember him bragging that he has (at least) two accounts on this forum.

We'll probably never hear of Silvercross again, but he'll still be trading under another name.

Both accounts are now on my black list. :cool:

9. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Please provide a reference - multiple accounts are NOT permitted.

10. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What is his other account? Would be good to let the rest know.

11. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Thanks to the members who have contacted me with matching information. Some verification will now be performed.

Just a heads up - as witnessed in this thread, there's reasons that multiple accounts are not permitted - this alleged bad trade is just an example of why. Could have been headed off a lot earlier if such deceit was disclosed earlier.

12. valuecreator

valuecreator Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

He told me that almost a year ago so I'm not 100% about the exact name.

sent a PM to GP, maybe he'll check it out and let us know.

13. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

as a form of compensation, VRS should get a free bottle of super virgin olive oil :)

banks usually give shopping vouchers when cards holder are not happy.

it can become a standard to ask for a close up picture of the coins before seller sent out or even before payment.

Such a thing can no longer be left unsaid.

14. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

I am sorry to hear this,
    Put your detective skills to work VRS !!!!

15. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'll give you spot for the coin if you throw in a baguette to mop up the oil?

16. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just wanted to say, that the worst packaging of a roll of coins, I've ever received was by VRS.

A 2 year-old could have done better!

H

17. Nedsnotdead

Nedsnotdead Active Member Silver Stacker

18. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

If this was the case, why didnt you speak to him about it (and ultimately leave a comment in feedback if you werent happy with his reponse), rather than airing this accusation it in an open forum?

19. VRS

That'll be why you left us this feedback then?

[​IMG]

Check my feedback & comments on packaging - you're on your own - and by the way we have never sold you 'a roll of coins'...

Hilarious - go play with your beetles mate - they're on your level :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.