Ford to dump FPV.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Nov 13, 2013.

1. ShadowPeo

ShadowPeo Member Silver Stacker

Don't know the answer on Nissan's, as I am not a Nissan person but still plenty of 40 series Land Cruisers out there.

The point of the comment was also to point out your only looking at one market segment, if you open it all up then there are plenty of older cars of other types out there. another example could be your Willy's Jeeps, still heaps of those around. Its horses for courses, you would never catch me spending my hard earned on a Holden or [Australian] Ford, Mercedes, MG, Buick, [American] Ford, Dodge, Morgan sure but nothing made here unless it was a daily driver work car that I was only going to keep for a few years as a tax write off, and even then I am cheap and tend to go for the imports.

2. petey

petey Active Member Silver Stacker

This has a lot more to do with collector status than anything else. I know a lot of people with late 60's through 70's Japanese cars. I rode in a Chev Bel Air that had $250,000 spent on it last weekend and that is probably not too uncommon for American cars. It would be incredibly rare to find an older Japanese car that has had that sort of money spent on it aside from a genuine Hakosuka with S20 engine, a Fairlady Z with S20 engine, or a Toyota 2000GT (will cost you a million for one of them).

http://www.alljapanday.com.au

3. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

250K on a Bel Air......Geesus Christ he'll never get that back.......Still a sweet ride tho!

4. petey

petey Active Member Silver Stacker

Not wrong. Pretty impressive though, 1000hp, the absolute best of everything inside and out. But I'm getting off topic.