Holden workers go on strike....again!

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Nov 14, 2013.

1. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

2. whitty

whitty Member

Get a job, please.

3. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Just been told by another job agency lady that things are not good out there......She said she has resumes that she has sent to clients a month ago and they still hav'nt contacted her.....She has to ring them to find out what the hell is going on. :mad:

She does'nt know what the problem is but its just not working properly at the moment.

4. skipau

skipau Member Silver Stacker

yeah I have the same problem. I gave my resumes to a job lady here is Brisbane and they are out there trying to get me a job. There is nothing I can do if they can't get the job for me. Bloody government is making it hard for them to find the jobs for me because of the Holden and Ford changes. I do hope things will improve because it is a struggle for me to pay my internet and my apartment in the valley with the limited money I get on the dole. I am counting on the Palmer United party to make the federal government change and at least increase my dole amount so I don't have to stop surfing silverstackers and youtubes.

All I can do is sit and wait for the job place and hope the government makes changes to give me a job. I feel your pain TheEnd.

5. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:lol:
    JOTD!

6. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you guys can't get a job, go out and create one. "Two men and a truck", mobile coffee van, etc.

7. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Apartment in the valley on the dole!?!?

I nearly spilled my beer onto the dashboard of my car when I read that.

8. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The chances of you finding a job through any job agency is remote at best.

1. Forget about them and look for yourself.
    2. Start a small business ie lawn mowing, ironing, window cleaning etc consider all the menial tasks that you hate and go for it.
    3. Forget about the minimum pay/hr rates. $1 is a lot of money if you have nothing!
    3. Get off this forum for your own sanity and, I cannot stress this enough - for everyone elses sanity.

9. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So many jobs out there. People are just to lazy to actually go and work for a living..

Agencies are a waste of time. Yet another sap on our tax funds.
    Money would be better used paying people to rip out lantana

10. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Do you actually go around to businesses by yourself or do you just apply online through job agencies etc?

11. skipau

skipau Member Silver Stacker

It is tough, but I am managing. So far I still have my Foxtel as well which is good cause I need something to do while I wait for the job agency to find the job for me.

Lucky for you that you can have a beer in your car. I am down to just a 6 pack a day at the moment. I watched a youtube about the government just yesterday looking at raising the tax on beer and wine. If they do that then they better give me more dole cause it isn't fair if they do that.

12. whitty

whitty Member

Unemployment must have been at an all time high before employment agencies and man pimps were created...no wait, people just went and found work to pay their bills because there was no internet on which to complain about how they can't find a job. Where I live I keep hearing how there are no jobs around, yet I seem to manage by walking in and asking for one. Maybe I need to set my standards a bit higher so I can be unemployed and hard done by as well.

13. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Exactly right, job agencies don't give an f about you, they only care about themselves. The work they get you usually only spans afew days to a few weeks at most. YOU need to look for a job, no one else really cares about you or your interests. Like he said, can't find a job, make one.

14. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Ye whatever idiot.... I have applied for at least 25 jobs on seek.com since early last week.....I have refined and updated my resume many times......Went to do a special forklift license last two nights which cost me $450 but failed a 63 question test that many fail because worksafe have made it too bloody hard....even the trainer believes this..... Also asked personally about a technician job at the very same place because they have a forklift hire business in the same biulding....

They gave me an email address so will send resume tmrw......... Made a phone call today about an interview i had last week and hav heard nothing.....Supervisor reckons he will get back to me tmrw.

Rung up about a motorcycle salesmen job with a VERY big business 'Peter Stevens' that i sent a resume to last week......The sec took my number today and said they will contact me today, i have heard nothing.

15. whitty

whitty Member

You failed the forklift theory? I have never seen someone fail a "high risk licence" course, and I've done a few of them.

16. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Yep, stupid bloody intentionally confusing questions...... How many Stockpickers have you operated that have a diesel engine? How many stockpickers have you operated that have air in the tyres?

17. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am guessing they are electric and they have solid tyres so there is no air in the tyres? As I said I am guessing........

18. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Correct....Mate I just finished ten years service as technician at 'Crown' forklifts this year.....Have and can safely operate every model.......Can't believe how hard the question test was......Just goes too far......Well thats what i believe....Will try and re test when i get some money.

19. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I would have just read the training manual before being assessed.

20. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was thinking that being inside they would use electric so there are no fumes as it runs in a building as for the tyres if there was air in the tyres it could make it unstable if one got a flat and it could tip over............ A guess but based on logic. Anyway good luck with the retest if you do it.