massive find

Discussion in 'Silver' started by kavephish, Nov 9, 2013.

1. kavephish

kavephish New Member

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Some things about this video are suspect. First of all, my parents had several trunks that look pretty much exactly like that one, including the material lining; trunks that I have personally handled. These trunks are not sturdy enough, from my experience, to hold anywhere near 1,470 lbs worth of anything. 1,470 lbs is derived from adding the number of ounces of alleged 1 oz bars to the weight of 19,400 plastic capsules (which would weigh about 6 grams each). 19,400 X 6 grams = 4105.89 oz. Then simply converting the combined ounces to lbs.

Look at the walls of the trunk in the video, very thin, just like the walls of the trunks my parents had. In some parts of the video the trunk looks rather flimsy, as I know the trunks my parents had are.

I'm not buying this alleged find...there are just things that don't add up.

3. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There's no way that old trunk would hold ~600 kg.

4. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What a joke , the bars are all modern :rolleyes:

5. gazzahere

gazzahere Member Silver Stacker

morning all,

why the assumptions that this is sus because of modern bars?

why the assumptions that these trunks couldn't hold a lot of weight?

Who said the Ag was there for a long time?

Why could it not be a recent stash in an old trunk?

Why couldn't the bars have been put in the trunk and the trunk never shifted?

I can easily imagine storing a lot of metal (recently acquired) in an old tea chest or an old trunk and of course it would be impossible to lift unless it was on a pallet with a forklift.

If you did that a couple of years ago into an old container and then disappeared for whatever reason - death, dementia, running away with a big boobed blonde, god knows what - then that is exactly what you would find.

I fully expect my daughter to find things like that when I die.

A ton or so of ingots buried in a pirate chest in the back yard.

I don't think she would assume that a pirate had been there, do you?

I don't think she would assume it wasn't me because the ingots were only a few years old, but the chest was a couple of hundred years old.

I don't think she would assume it was sus because the old pirate chest would collapse if you tried to lift it even with 10 kg in it --------- I would like to think that she thought - arrh, the old bastard has put this chest in the ground and filled it with gold - I knew he was paranoid about the government coming to take his wealth.

:)

Either way you cut it ----------------- that is a fair size stash - and a nice box.

have a great morning

gazza

6. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

So who legally owns it...? Would it be the family of the deceased? Or the home buyer?

7. Yeti Hunter

Yeti Hunter Member

Not sure about the USA, but the Torrens Title system we use here is very explicit on that point - unless otherwise specified in the contract of sale, everything on the premises at the date and time of settlement becomes the property of the purchaser.

8. gazzahere

gazzahere Member Silver Stacker

"Not sure about the USA, but the Torrens Title system we use here is very explicit on that point - unless otherwise specified in the contract of sale, everything on the premises at the date and time of settlement becomes the property of the purchaser."

imo I would have kept my mouth very very shut - just in case there were laws I didn't know about.

Many govs. are very odd when it comes to gold or silver ----------- there are hidden in the past laws that could be dragged out and dusted of that we have never heard of.

The bigger the find - the more some bugger goes looking for loopholes.

If you find anything - ever. And you don't wish to find if there is a rightful owner - like the poor widow down the road ---------- then this is the action to take ----------------------

shut the hell up.

Don't go within a kilometre of youtube, phone cameras, internet and don't even trust carrier pidgeons.

Just SHUT UP. And DON'T tell your kids.

If you insist on talking - you can probably trust your dog. Only tell your wife if you must - but don't let her go out or use a phone for a month.

have a great day all

gazza

9. nicwinner

nicwinner Active Member Silver Stacker

it's not surprising as there was a silver rush in America during late 1970s.

10. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Maybe they bought the dip

11. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

blanket underneath, tin foil on top, then lay the bare naked bars :lol:

12. MrMango

MrMango New Member

I seem to remember a similar thing happening in Australia about 15-20 years ago. A bobcat driver found a large buried silver stash. It was a 3 way legal fight with the Bobcat driver, the owner of the property and the descendants of the previous owner that had buried it. Does anyone else here remember? I am pretty sure the owner of the property ended up getting it, or the majority of it...?

13. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

those big stash, yes saw in the news :)

14. mmissinglink

Gazza,

Look at the video closely. The chest appears to be on top of some perch of some sort. It's not on the ground. 1,470 lbs of silver in capsules just sitting on a perch right out in the open in a garage? Seems suspect. Besides, at about 4 minutes of the video, we can see that the slightest bump on the bottom of the trunk will cause the bars to fall over. That indicates to me exactly what I described in my previous message....very thin flimsy walls. Doesn't make very good sense that someone would put so much weight in such a flimsy trunk on top of a perch in the open in a garage.

Very suspect story. If it is somehow a true story, great find....I'm just saying it doesn't smell right and you'd have to be 100% brainless to post such a video to the rest of the world on YouTube and wherever else this video was posted.

15. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Before too many (conspiracy) theories and assumptions start emerging again, and second by second analysis is performed followed by the book "The Holly Bible of That Hidden Box Full of Silver" , I would say that I congratulate to those who found it. If it's real.
    If it's not I don't care. I mean what will you profit of faking it, except maybe money from Google (views)? :rolleyes: Making your dick seems bigger...

There is no mentioning that case was moved. Obviously the bars were taken out.

One of the greatest fortune I've found at home was Henri Charrire book Papillon. I've found it in a plastic box besides some other books. :rolleyes:
    It's strange though that all books are from around 1970 - 1990, but the plastic "box" was from around 2010. I wonder how this can be possible... Has someone moved the books?

:D

16. Stark

And why there is no chance that in evolution process, on this planet, one of billions of billions planets in whole space, something happens, that is not "strictly" to your laws of physics and belief?

There was some guy from Croatia who survived the plane crash. How many people survived it? Very few. But it's not impossible...

EDIT:

Frano Selak. Laughing at the face of Death.

[​IMG]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7721985/Frano-Selak-worlds-luckiest-man-gives-away-his-lottery-fortune.html

17. SilverJay

SilverJay Member

If progressively procured over time - newer bars would most certainly be on top.

But I agree it being fake. Whats with the foil... and lack of shots showing them all removed? haha bizarre.

18. mmissinglink

Stark,

If you'd read my remarks you'd see that I am not, in any, way, shape, or form theorizing a conspiracy. I'm simply talking physics, what I am observing, my experience with handling old trunks that look identical to that one, and the fact that there are lots of weirdos out there who will do anything for attention. Any logical, rational person would agree that this is sound reasoning to question something that doesn't look right.

It's far more likely that those who question the rational questioners are operating under a conspiracy theory....as if 'those people are up to something strange because they find something odd about a video' ...that's conspiracy theory, not the other way around. Capisce?

19. Stark

I'm just saying I've found a little "silly" analysing every (sub)atom of some video and saying it's not possible, just because the whole picture doesn't fit the frame of our (current) imaginable possibilities. As the finding itself it's something very common as it is walk in the grocery shop.

It's also not very rational to believe or think that people will survive (plane) crash, but the Croatian guy prove otherwise so....

20. Stark

The thing which is rather more interesting than box itself is that in video only one "level" of bars is shown and only 3 columns of bars in next "part".