Amazing Volatility!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by sammysilver, Oct 31, 2013.

1. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I did give plenty of warning... :rolleyes:

2. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Well there is always a silver lining if you look hard enough...

... been waiting to buy into a few gold stocks - they should get considerably cheaper if this continues

3. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

yep, amazing volatility indeed.

what my mind keeps turning back to is a youtube video I watched once.
    Bill Gates was asked why he sold off his stack of silver he bought not too long earlier.
    I never got over the guilt I could see in his eyes, he bloody well knew in the time when everyone was jumping on.

I just don't understand why he couldn't just come out and say, my mail is silver is going sideways for a long time.
    or some kind of indication of what he knew. he doesn't seem to be in electronic silver either.
    sometimes I feel silver is actually the financial bubonic plague, release it into the atmosphere for a profit,
    until we all die with cheap silver.

4. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

The main problem with this sort of theory that you assert, Roman, is that it is not based entirely on facts. The fact is, this thread's title and opening comment suggested no interest at all in an in depth discussion but rather simply stating for no apparent reason what is already obvious to any stacker more than a few weeks into the endeavor of buying pms. Also, this applies to some other instances that I've seen in this forum where some members' comments suggest no interest at all in discussion but merely pushing a dangerous sales pitch ('silver to da moon tomorrow'). That's why some members feel the need to balance such irresponsible comments with what they feel is a much more realistic trajectory for pm's.

I, as well as a number of other members, are sick and tired of the dangerous and inane 'to da moon' rantings that a few members spew in this forum. Members who post an antithetical comment shouldn't get attacked by those who post the dangerous, inane rantings in the first place. This forum should respect those antithetical views especially when they are in response to comments which suggest no interest at all in a meaningful, in depth discussion.

5. menotcrimex

menotcrimex Member Silver Stacker

^ I don't think the to da moon or sideways comments are dangerous. Just annoying depending on your position/belief.

I think its dangerous not to have precious metals and dangerous to put 100% confidence in the politicians and bankers to pull the global economy out of this mess.

If you see your metals as an investment and cheer them on, I see that as normal. If you can cheer on a horse to win why not cheer on anything else including metals.

We are it would seem....very different.

6. mmissinglink

Misleading, dishonesty, and hype is always dangerous when you are talking about what may be significant amounts of money being dumped into an asset that may comparatively perform very poorly for years to come.

7. OneDay

OneDay Active Member Silver Stacker

I kinda wanna see $15 an oz spot price. I look forward to hearing more negative talk about pms. Buy a bear ride the bull.

8. menotcrimex

I would like to think the grown ups here can think for themselves and buy when it is right for them. Anyone who purchased silver at $30+ may think this is an exciting buying opportunity. If you and CJ think silver and gold will not rise for three years or more wouldn't your time be best spent elsewhere in a asset you do believe in. Nobody needs saving so no need to worry about when others decide to buy or get excited.

9. mmissinglink

That's just absurd infantile thinking you display. There are enough new members here in this forum in any given year to prove that you have no clue as to what you are asserting. If you think it's mature to mislead people, then you are a dangerous and reckless person. The question isn't whether $30 to some isn't a good buy position or not, it's whether or not hyping and distorting the truth is acceptable behavior. To those who have integrity (which obviously is not you) and to those who care that new comers don't get led into making decisions based on others spewing dishonest crap, some members of this forum are seen as dangerous people.

Now stop being a clown for once in your life and please let people care about integrity if they want even though you choose not to.

10. Dustin

Dustin New Member

Dude you're just an asshole. If I get banned for this comment, whatever.

Always the first to resort to personal insults. Always pushing your opinion as if you know all there is to know or have a crystal ball.

You need some counseling. It's people like you that turned me from a contributor back into a lurker on this site.

"To each their own." - You need to study this quote for a few hours.

11. mmissinglink

Dustin,

If you bothered to read anything instead of just make up lies as you go, you'd have realized that I responded to personal attacks on me by crimex. But I can't expect you to understand...clearly you are not capable of reason and you have no interest in facts. It's clearly a personal attack to belittle me and facetiously tell me that I don't have to worry and not to get excited.

Dustin, stop pushing your uninformed opinions on everyone else...seek the professional help you need.

12. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Here in Australia we play a more angular game than the EU and USA. NZ aside, we start the trading week and are the first to finish the week. As I write now, EU markets have closed, USA is straddling lunchtime between east and west coasts, the Aussie dollar is down, buffering some of spots' recent drop. At close of play this afternoon we wait nearly a day for the markets to close whilst on Monday we trade in isolation slowly joined by Asia and lose the day by the time the EU and then USA kick in. This in effect gives us a 4 day trading week.
    Quite often the big swings we see are outside of our trading window and we are left to ponder the best course of action on a Monday morning trying to second guess the coming EU and US sentiment.
    So our volatility down under can often be a passive, excruciating experience.

13. menotcrimex

Hurting your feelings was not intended.

I thought what I've said is resonable and polite.

Moving along....

14. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

I hear there is this guy constantly telling everyone to buy now and buy big and prices are going to da moon

His name is Jim Cramer

He even has his own television show

15. Belvedere

Belvedere Active Member Silver Stacker

I agree with Sammysilver Geography is a bummer.

16. SilverJay

SilverJay Member

On a long enough timeline everything can be perceived as sideways - of course up until a big rise or drop. Where by then I am sure these sideways remarks disappear from the forum only to be brought up from time to time to gloat about how accurate there predictions were.

My point is..... Its all comparative and up to the individuals interpretation and sometimes I see more than a handful of remarks that really just equal a weak prediction. Start showing some data for your theory and people will take these types of posts more seriously. There becoming more and more like 'forum bloat' at every contentious discussion about future markets.

**This isnt directed at any particular user (hence no reply tags) and I would like to think I can post this without making any enemies. I would also like to say these are just my thoughts and opinions on the general nature some members insisting on repeating there notion on the future of the silver market. As once told to me by an industry expert - in God we trust, all others must produce data.

17. sammysilver

In God we trust, all others pay cash.

18. My, my Dustbin, what a conveniently short memory you have.
    I have been the recipient of such attacks by you along with your now absent pal who could not lie straight in bed.
    You just continue "lurking" and I may even return for some intelligent and civilized dialogue with like minded people.
    And BTW.
    This advice of yours about "needing counseling" and your constant innuendo about the state of people's mental health....
    I am not at all ashamed to say I am one of those "loonies" that actually do need counseling and medication.
    Remember all the jokes you and your mate made about that? Well it was closer to the bone than you thought.
    Does this make me a lesser person? Do you delight in pushing people out of their wheel chars also?
    Don't think of trying to take some sort of moral higher ground after your past performance pal.

19. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Will the volatility continue tonight...Well just a gut feeling from previous Friday night Aust 1st day month, last day of trading close US.

My tip $22.50 US. >:)

Regards Errol 43

20. sammysilver

After the volatility, today has straight lined for the longest period in a long time.