n00b first post and yet another Ebay/China silver question

Discussion in 'Silver' started by surferx, Oct 23, 2013.

1. surferx

surferx New Member

Hello all!

Just joined.. I'm fairly new to buying silver and have several rounds and bars, not sure of the total. The very first bar i got off ebay and failed to notice "Clad" on the bar. Doh! at least i was only out $7.

I have since purchased silver from several reputable companies as well as some off Ebay. I typically go for what i consider cool designs and try to get them as near or under spot price. That being said I like the SBSS and Zombucks type of stuff, skulls, zombies, guns, controversial saying etc..

Question..

There are a lot of bars on ebay out of China that look cool with Ak's on skulls on them etc.. but are they real? They sell 1000's of these and have good feedback but just wondering if anyone has tested one before or have a back story on these? thanks!

[​IMG]
    Source:

[​IMG]
    Source:

2. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. surferx

surferx New Member

4. mgo10000

mgo10000 New Member

I would totally stay away from this guy. If it's too good to be true then it's not true. I went to a chines website last night that literally sold hundreds of different fake silver bullion and coin products.

I've purchased silver on ebay from some very legitimate and nice dealers. One guy sends me buffalo nickles and collectable stamps with my orders. (The free stuff is not worth much but it's a great gesture!) Good ebay sellers are out there, just be careful.

5. surferx

surferx New Member

I'll occasionally take a chance on Ebay but for the most part i'll stick to buying from reputable sites.

Here's a pic of some of my silver collection, I try to pick up 2 or 3oz 's a month. At the top, those are silver cuff links i wore at my wedding :)

[​IMG]
    Source:

6. surferx

surferx New Member

7. bigcountry

bigcountry Member Silver Stacker

There are a number of reputable traders here where you can get cool rounds and bars without the risk of buying fakes. I often buy the sort of rounds you might also like from Maggie in the trading forum.