Lunar Snake Mint Numbers...horse to be released soon

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by barsenault, Oct 22, 2013.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

That number for 1/2 oz snakes is staggering!

http://www.perthmintbullion.com/us/blog/blog/13-10-17/Lunar_Bullion_Coin_Sales_Update.aspx#comments

Lunar Bullion Coin Sales Update
    October 17 2013
    Topics [ Year of the Horse Australian Lunar Year of the Snake ]
    Posted By Stephen Ward

BULLION BARS AND COINS

The next update of the Australian Lunar sales and mintage figures is scheduled for early next year. At that time the pdf documents on the website will be revised to reflect the latest information.

We recently received a question about sales of 2013 Lunar Snake silver bullion coins, however, and I am happy to provide blog readers with interim details ahead of the official announcement.

Sales-to-date of the silver bullion Snakes are as follows:

1/2oz 160,108

2oz 55,933

5oz 20,102

10oz 28,136

1 kilo 30,966

Except for the 1 kilo coin, no mintage limit applies to these releases, however production ends at the end of 2013 and, as I indicated above, the maximum mintage of each coin will be declared early in 2014. Latest sales-to-date of the 1 kilo coin will also be updated at this time.

A sell-out of the 1oz Lunar Snake gold and silver bullion coins was announced in this blog posted at the end of October 2012.

On another note, 2014 1oz Lunar Horse gold and silver bullion coins are rapidly approaching their respective maximum mintages of 30,000 and 300,000. Watch out for an announcement of their official sell-outs as early as next week!

2. BIGGRIN

BIGGRIN Member

I'm guessing they are about to mint some more.

To generate interest before hand - they outline partial mintage numbers.

Marketing 101.

3. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Doesn't quite work that way - if a distributor calls to order and none have been struck, you can't always place a backorder.

4. bull_bear

bull_bear New Member Silver Stacker

According to the Perth Mint Blog

http://www.perthmintbullion.com/au/Blog/Blog.aspx?parentId=c687d2e0-c66e-447e-b7e9-382d2eea20b5

Year of the Horse 1oz Coins Officially Sold Out

October 22 2013

Topics [ Year of the Horse silver bullion coins Australian Lunar gold bullion coins ]

Posted By Ron Currie

BULLION BARS AND COINS

We're pleased to announce an official sell out at The Perth Mint of 1oz bullion coins from the 2014 Australian Lunar Gold and Silver Coin Series II.

The full mintages of 30,000 gold bullion coins and 300,000 silver bullion coins celebrating the Year of the Horse have been manufactured and sold to retail and wholesale customers worldwide.

5. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Nice. Glad I got my 100 for posterity. :)

6. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I got some of the 1oz gold horses. Still not touching the silver ponies at current premiums.

7. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

How is the 1/2oz mintage staggering? It's less than 1/2 of the 389,000 1/2oz dragons they minted, and the rabbit was 130k (there about). It's not a ridiculous number, but you can bet the 1/2oz horse will be right at 200k...in fact I'll bet one that the 1/2oz horse hits 200k...you only have to wait 15 months to pay or get paid..haha

@dccpa- they're sold out...do you really believe the price of the 1oz silver horse will go down..I'm not feeling it...they're not stupid money like the $99 the dragons started off at and then got moved down to $40 18 months later. My guess is $36 is on the money for now...and they'll be more soon enough.

8. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Sold out doesn't mean that the dealers don't have a lot more of the coins coming in from prior orders or from grading services. But more importantly, I don't care one way or the other. If the premiums drop in half, I will get some. If not, I pass. Here in the US, the premiums are too high to make the 1oz silver lunar horses a good investment. My 2010 lunar tigers had a premium of under $4US which made those coins no brainers. I may get some 2, 5 & 10oz horses, but not many. I have been cutting back on my silver and adding to my gold. While silver will probably rise more proportionately than gold in a normal bull market, gold has the best chance of becoming part of the monetary system again and/or of being revalued overnight. And since I am netting 50-100% premiums for the coins I am selling on ebay, my gold silver ratio is effectively close to the bottom of the range.