UPDATE - How not to defraud me via a Paypal 'non-receipt' claim...

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by VRS, Oct 14, 2013.

1. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I wanted to share this with everyone because it may give you some guidance and a chuckle all at once at a certain dumb punk-a55 21 yr old Malaysian motorbike fanatic's expense who filed two non-receipt claims against us at Paypal on 12th October.

I'd sold him 2x 10g certicards each about 2-3 wks apart. His personal name & details were suitably convoluted (Muslim Indo-Malay, first name, last name & three middle names) with an address at an old palm oil plantation about 50km from KL.

My bull$hit sensors were admittedly flapping when I went into both these sales, but I did what everyone should in these circumstances - take pics of the outgoing certis & parcel, use tracking or registered shipping etc etc - and I put a couple of tiny marks - unnoticeable to 99% of people I'd say, on the face of each - 1x Perth Mint Kangaroo & 1x Pamp Fortuna...

So, three weeks pass - I sent him eBay messages to check he'd received, he said he had, but even so I double checked on Auspost and Malaysia Post tracking sites - according to those they'd been delivered & signed for.

I logged in to Paypal on Saturday 12th to find that our company account had effectively been frozen, with a massive red debit balance on display - reason? Two non-receipt claims from Hafxxxzul XXXX XXXXX XXXX XXXXX.

Sheister or idiot, I couldn't immediately surmise which - so I messed around with his eBay username, his first name, last name, then a combination of all 5 names... which led me to a site called www.bikepics.com - where he'd used the same username as his eBay handle...

Dumb? Yes - but there's more.

I checked the email address on his eBay & Paypal accounts again, and Googled 'em - turns out he was using exactly the same email address and user ID name on all these sites... and as I soon found out, on Facebook.

Inbetween all of this I'd contacted a few of his old eBay feedback sellers - and eventually a number of 'em emailed me back with varying horror stories about this kid.

I knew he'd received the goods - so I messaged & emailed him to let him know the deliveries were confirmed.

Within half an hour I got emails from Paypal to say that my account had now had the temporary freeze lifted because 'The buyer has informed us that you have resolved any problem amicably' and both cases were therefore closed.

In the meantime I'd already submitted the stuff I found on his Facebook page to Paypal, by way of a counterclaim. In closing down the case so fast he'd effectively prevented the Paypal investigation team from seeing - or having need to review - the docs/info I'd submitted...

Because Paypal/Feebay very often side with the buyer I'd made sure that I fulfilled as many aspects as possible to ensure we were covered under the Paypal Buyer Protection program - and do this every time, without fail.

The pics from Facebook tell the rest of the story - one of each of the certicards which were immediately identifiable to us as ours - and most helpfully, a photo of the full picture page of his new MY passport issued on 27th Sept (of which he must've been proud enough to share with his FB mates - and me) detailing his full name, place & date of birth, height, hair colour, National ID number, home town address (to which we'd sent the certis of course - his full address was actually on his bikepics.com Member Page!) and a mugshot...

He's such a cool dude that he posted pics of our stuff up on his FB page to show off to his mates and impress the girls... OOOOOOOOHHHHH!

His Facebook Timeline & photo albums were all set to 'Public'.

Smart eh?

But he wasn't smart enough to realise that anyone trying to screw us over will always be met with us employing whatever it takes to get proof that he was trying to defraud us & Paypal.

Malaysian prisons aren't particularly nice places - now Paypal have all of his details because we called them today in Dublin to explain chapter & verse, how this dip$hite's MO is to fly just low enough to avoid being pulled up - and that several other eBay sellers who'd lost cases in the past were in fact genuinely out of pocket now, thanks to him.

He's now red flagged at eBay and Paypal - I've posted some pics so you can have a laugh at his expense - and thankfully not at ours :lol:

I purposely haven't typed-in on this post either his full name or his eBay username, because any Google search he made would pretty much instantly reveal what we all now know about him - I'd appreciate if you didn't refer to him by name here for that reason please ;)

Keep yer ears on,
    VRS :D

ps - He even complimented us on our 'Speedy' delivery lol! Duh.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. VRS

PS - If anyone's wondering, yes, I'm in touch with the US eBay seller who sold him that swanky high-end ltd edition $875 Tissot T-RACE 2013 MotoGP Limited Edition w/ Helmet Box T0484172720700 watch in mid-September - just in case Wonderboy gets inspired to try it on with him too lol!

3. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

VRS you are one determined chap. I tip my hat to you :cool:

4. VRS

After we got our money back from Paypal and we'd notified them in detail of this twonk's methods we sent Wonderboy an email, just to make sure he gets the message. Job done. ;)

[​IMG]

5. wasilver

wasilver Member Silver Stacker

Good work mate - it will be interesting to see if anyone takes the matter further or if it is simply placed in the "too hard" basket (which I suspect will happen).

6. Mimaki

Mimaki Member

Well done VRS. :)

7. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Awesome detective work VRS. F*@#ers like this have ruined Ebay!

8. SilverSaviour

SilverSaviour New Member

Great work !

9. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

There's a Twitter feed dedicated to reposting pictures of "Got my new credit card! Woo! So happy!" idiotic pictures people put up online of their credit card, complete with number/name/expiry. Funnier are the replies where people ask "Wow! Can you show me a picture of the back?" and they do, giving away the CCV number as well.

Some people are morons.

11. Kam

Kam Active Member Silver Stacker

Good investigation job mate :)

12. VRS

"Man gets out of car and shouts at McDonald's drive-through staff until he gets his food"

What's wrong with that?! I do that all the time - and ONCE they even got the order RIGHT!

"BRING ME FOUR WHOLE FRIED CHICKENS AND A COKE!" works pretty well at KFC too...

13. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What a fuckwit.

VRS, you sir, are awesome.

14. Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy New Member

Job well done. Your the man.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

I bet that little sh!t hasn't worked a day in his life

16. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

As someone who was ripped off on gumtree, I applaud you for your efforts VRS. I compiled a similar dossier on the asshole who thieved my money (and sent me sweet fk all), but months afterward, unfortunately still waiting on action from the NSW police force. Have kissed said funds goodbye - you cant get blood our of a stone (or money out of a thieving worthless druggie).

Au-

PS I note that one of his friends has linked to this post on his facebook page

17. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

I like your style VRS, :lol: :lol: :lol:

18. Mr Medved

Mr Medved Member

Have you considered a private prosecution? Do you have a full name and address (to serve court documents)? If you deal via Gumtree always use direct debit/deposit into a bank account so the other party is traceable.

Yeah good work by the OP. It's a matter of due diligence, risk management and common sense.

19. volrathy

volrathy Active Member

you still got scammed you gave him valuable gold he gave you worthless fiat

20. VRS

And so now anyone reading this post with a Malaysian IP address is being trawled.

CID Polis in Bukit Aman also contacted us today - they obviously don't like anything that brings the reputation of Malaysia into question - and we've copied all of this across to them because his mate tipped him off on his FB page, so we really had no choice.

It clearly implies (or confirms?) a criminal conspiracy aspect, ie: organised crime, which carries much greater penalties rather than a misdemeanour.

Apparently he may be looking at up to 2 years inside if they convict him according to my buddy in KL who's a criminal lawyer - fraud or attempted fraud - it's the same thing ;)

[​IMG]