Sunrise on 7 talking about debt ceiling debate!

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Oct 12, 2013.

1. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

Why do you assume that because I don't watch what you watch, it must be Fox News where I get my information? It's a constant lefty narrative used against me in other forums which says to me that people are just repeating a slur they saw others use.

I don't subscribe to Foxtel or have a Fox online subscription. How would I even see Fox beyond the libertarian John Stossel and constitutionalist Judge Napolitano slices that are drip fed by one of my Youtube subscriptions. Often 5 min. videos posted once a month.

I assume those studies compare Americans living in trailer homes to people who actually look at a range of sources. Wasn't the Daily Show on SBS a few years ago? I know that Colbert was. Gave them a try, they were all boring grandstanding. Give them a clip of say Michelle Bachman and suddenly she is in league with Hitler and Tamerlane, according to John Stewart. Thanks but no thanks.

2. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Panem et circenses. Bread and circuses.

3. chances

chances Member

I would watch John & Colbert religiously (and before that FOX lol) but over the last couple of years I've been using twitter more than anything for my news - you can check out both sides of the story and skip all of the BS.
    I think anything mainstream is only for entertainment purposes - infact SBS news isnt bad at all ;)

The internet is an amazing thing, I think its like the old "printing press"... The govt want to control it but they cant - they have control of the news, the money - but not alternative news/media/internet ... when they have control of that things will start to crumble.
    Shows like this are what I now like to religiously watch ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTiL1q9YbrVam5nP2xzFTWQ
    or ... http://www.trendsresearch.com/

I canceled my foxtel just last week cause I dont even watch anything on there anymore - mushes up ur brain ;P

4. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I wasn't assuming anything about your viewing habits.

I only mentioned Fox News for interest's sake in comparing it to "traditional" news and "comedy" news.

The Daily Show and Colbert report, as amusing and silly as they are, actually do a better job of informing people what's going on in the world than "traditional" media and especially "editorial" media like Fox News.