newcrest

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by tolly_67, Oct 8, 2013.

1. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

why is it that newcrest will fall the day before gold does? not all the time of course but i will watch tonight to see if it happens again. i would have thought it would have risen today......time will tell

2. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Its a stock, when the asx is correcting - so will Newcrest, the price of gold modifies the depth of movement somewhat but Newcrest is still just a stock

3. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Seven out of fourteen stocks on my main goldie watchlist went up today. Saracen Resources (SAR) up 12.5% Doray (DRM) up 4%
    Newcrest is still contained within a long term downtrend. Sell it and switch into a good growing producer

4. Nukz

Nukz New Member

As strange as it might sound, I believe there's more going on at the company than simply movements in the gold price.

Like Sanchez said it's a stock, there has been allot going on in the media around analysts and insider trading ect.

Once management is cleaned and the gold price ends it's correction I believe this stock has a big upside to it, but i believe you may get a better uplift from something like KCN or SLR.

5. tolly_67

Yes, I agree.....but the only thing which I am concerned with is how many of the small players could survive a year under production costs?......this is a possibility......

6. tolly_67

Tis me again.
    Yes, I know.... No guesses where my money is going to fall when gold reaches its low.
    Just read some good news for a change and it is significant.
    The cadia east mine which will be fully operational by 2016 can produce below 500 bucks u.s.
    It is also has large reserves. Just the thing to prevent NCM from going out the back door if gold hits $900 an ounce.
    The pendulum eventually slows and stops to finally reverse direction. So it is with the fortunes of everything, so it is with NCM.
    Could it be that the pendulum has finally stopped and the reversal of fortune is upon us?
    I will wait to see what will eventuate with gold stocks if gold drops significantly.
    I am more confident now in targettingNCM in the near future.
    The multiplier on this stock, assuming they don't sell Lihir and gold drops to the $1000 mark, will dwarf gold. I would not be surprised to see the movement from $5-6 out to over a hundred bucks.
    This is worth at least a $50,000 investment with a hold time of at least 8 years. Maybe a $100,000.

7. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Perhaps more bads on ncm yet to come?

8. tolly_67

They have had an endless stream of bad news for the last few years so hopefully it will reduce to a trickle.