Why won't admin reply to my questions?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Zoltanman, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Zoltanman

Zoltanman New Member

Hi all, I'm a completely new member and realize this might be off topic, but i want to know how to get a couple of basic questions that are not in the FAQ answered.

I have sent queries to the mods and I seem to not be getting through. All I want to do is learn how to put a bl**dy photo set in a post, it's telling me I'm not allowed to, and contact the moderator but no answer.
    2 messages sent, both either lost or ignored.

I'm hoping to finally get some attention with an off topic post, and grab some help. I have great wine I want to trade for silver, so any red wine drinking stackers who know how to fix this issue: I'm all ears!

Thanks!
    Zoltanman.

2. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. nsw2206

nsw2206 Member

send me the wine and I'll drink it think how best to direct you to this link

http://forums.silverstackers.com/help.php#img

[img=FluxBB bbcode test]http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/sdc-200x200.png[/img]

4. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Probably busy!

Frustrating as it is not to be able to get an immediate response in this day and age you may have to be more patient.

The admin are not employed to run the forum, they have other jobs which they are probably in the middle of right now.

The forum is not run as a business but somewhere for people to get together, so there is no need for the admin to be on call to service our needs.

You will be allowed to post images but the ban on new people posting images was to cut down on the amount of spam we had to sift through.

EDIT TO ADD: Welcome by the way!

EDIT TO ALSO ADD: Don't forget to post in the new Members section, people who come just to sell things without saying "Hi" first are usually viewed with some suspicion. Plus we are nosey and like to know who we are dealing with.

5. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

No jis just tell him the truth If they dont respond they obviously dont like you zoltanman . :p:

6. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

This - been away for a week but I don't advertise this because I don't want people thinking my house is empty.

Have a backlog of PMs to get through.

7. Zoltanman

Zoltanman New Member

I thought I'd read all the stickys and rules, guys. Must have missed the only relevant one.... Nothing new for me, I'm afraid. Sorry for any frustration, mods!

I'll get into newbie intro asap after i finish work. Thanks for the quick replies, people!

Some vital stats while I think about it: Moved to Melbourne from Adelaide for family reasons a few months back. Great place to be! Hobbies are wine collecting, good coffee and coffee machines, bonsai, playing with shiny or tarnished ;-) metals and i work as a natural health practitioner. I'm always bartering or trading something that caught my eye a while back. My previous work has left me with a lot of contacts in the areas of my hobbies, so there's always something on the go. I like Valiants. Sorry Holden and Ford fellas. AP6 is my current obsession, with a 265 shoehorned in. Goes like a scalded cat... Anyway, that's me.

Feel free to hit me with any questions or hello's and I'll get back to you asap. It's paperwork time, now. :-(

Zoltanman.

8. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

You forgot to tell us if you like long walks on the beach :lol: Gotta love a good hemi

9. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

Big welcome from another Valiant nut :D

10. Zoltanman

Zoltanman New Member

Long walks on the beach are ok, renovator... I can think of other stuff i like more, though. (Like my Val. And a good beer.) The reason i put all that in is that's the kind of trades I'll be looking at doing here, so its kind of a heads up to anyone interested in the same stuff I am. I'll happily take silver or gold for my Giotto espresso machine -selling soon- or excess wine stock I have from other trades. Hope you guys are happy wheeling and dealing!

I'm looking at downsizing a lot of stuff and funneling into precious... so if you're in Melbourne, I might be able to help you out with something. Or lots of somethings... I have a friend connected to a brewery, too. Beer, anyone?

11. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

1/ How can you prevent cancer and other kinds of lingering death?

2/ what is the best natural analgesic (don't say opium, I already know that) - for someone else, not me

2/ I have a 7500 Angel juicer. What is the state of the art equivalent in coffee machines?

Response eagerly awaited

12. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome from another Valiant nut :D
    Drop in at Camberwell market on a Sunday ;)

13. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You could always try asking your question in the appropriately named 'Questions and Comments' forum? :rolleyes:

http://forums.silverstackers.com/forum-4-questions-comments.html

14. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just harvested some coffee beans, they fill a5 litre container so I am going to be dehulling them for a while, know of any good parchment coffee mills?

Ever tried roasting coffee beans in the parchment, it is meant to be do-able, just not sure it will be worthwhile.

15. ivan

ivan New Member

what is this to do with coffee beans? :/

16. Southerner

Southerner Active Member Silver Stacker

Beans shmeans, IR is the one and only.