Buying now???

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Lucenzo, Sep 11, 2013.

1. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Sounds like the financial plan of 90% of the population

:lol:

Seriously, thanks for not starting 5 new threads about the price drop this time CJ

2. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I believe you are about to be proven wrong for a 2nd time roman. Remember arguing with me that it wouldn't go below $22? :D More significant drop to come...

3. It seems there is little point trying to justify ones' reasons for stacking to the bots who prefer to live in the Fiat Matrix.
    My reality is that I have no remaining faith in Govt issued paper as a representation of my wealth and now only trust in tangible assets.
    I look forward to the day I will no longer need to compare the value of my real assets and money to the Fiat ponzi fantasy.
    At the moment though, the more metal I can get in trade for my remaining paper the better.
    I certainly will not be reversing that transaction and giving anything of value back in exchange for paper.

4. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

Where am I predicting anything genius?

the word if is all I see on the above.

And for the record I live in the present, apologies, but I haven't memorized all of my 2000 posts so show me where I argued it would not go below $22 please. Not saying I didn't but I more likely said it wasn't probable.
    You want to take notes on when predictions are wrong? probably not a path you want to go along with me because you're far from faultless.

5. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

I try to concentrate silver purchases on every futures market bottom position and also only upon (re)occurrences of the lowest bottom price I saw.
    My biggest mistake, misleaded by all the lies about big money production & spending figures by central banks, was in the beginning, february 2011, where I bought most of the silver I have, at abit over $30 spot, when Comex position was 40K.
    This way I can average down and maybe, in terms of purchasing power, edge towards the positive side.
    See, I learnt alot, and won't be misleaded easily anymore.
    And all my savings are silver, so even if those lower/reoccurring bottom prices don't arrive, it doesn't matter % wise.
    The main thing I see is that I now control my savings myself. I'm sure of X ounces silver, and with a bank account, what are you sure of?

6. silvermed

silvermed New Member

This weeks's action is why the nibble approach is nice.

7. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Good points.

Here in the US, because the dollar is strong at this time, I think it gives the illusion to 90% of its citizens that there is a sound, permanent, solid monetary system that backs these dollars and Fed notes. Little do most people realize that in some respect, it's a house of cards. Tangible, physical commodities like precious metals is just one type of asset that a relatively small percentage of American's have decided to invest in whether they see that investment as a store of wealth or a way to hedge....it's all a form of investing capitol, or energy, or resources in my view.

That said though, there is no intrinsic value in a precious metal whether that be silver, gold, platinum, palladium, rhodium, or whatever the precious metal du jour will be in 5 or 20 years from now. It's only value (an extrinsic value) is based on demand. In 2013, obviously there is high demand for these metals for differing reasons. I believe demand will be generally strong for the foreseeable future and that's why I have invested in purchasing and stacking some silver. If the dollar collapses somewhere in between today and the unforeseeable future (which I don't believe will happen), then a 5 pound brick of silver won't be worth very much at all until perhaps stability sets in - if ever that will happen after what would probably be an unprecedented worldwide catastrophic event.

I will continue investing in precious metals because I believe that demand will remain strong for yet a long time. I no longer worry about the minute-by-minute fluctuations in spot price because that volatility is not important to my investment strategy and I believe not important to most stacker's strategy.

8. Dustin

Dustin New Member

The Dollar is strong right now?

10 year chart disagrees..

9. Aureus

And this is why you trust in fundamentals instead of the mainstream media who expected the Fed to announce the opposite of what they actually did. Pretending like you're some genius when the reality is you were banking on the FED to announce tapering, which I and anyone following the US economy knew would not be possible.
    This is why you don't act like a dick to people, contrary to your own beliefs you're not always right and it's about time you acknowledge that because I'm sick of you baiting and talking yourself up.

10. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

"you were banking on the FED to announce tapering, which I and anyone following the US economy knew would not be possible."

Logically yes, but never discount stupidity!

OC

11. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

With the AUD so high, we are once again sub $25. I've gone all in these past few months and looking for any means to buy more silver. Prepared to sell first born if anyone wants him.

Meanwhile, the Fed in not tapering will probably boost manufacturing and subsequently silver industrial demand. In addition, by not tapering it should increase silver investment demand. Further, we can probably expect a rate cut on 1st October which should bring the AUD down.

This at best gives us a 10 ten day window at these prices. Now is the time to buy the dip!

12. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I did not believe they would taper. I dont see them being able to for a while yet. That is why I predict silver going no where any time soon.

Until they taper the stock market is a far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far better investment. ( NCM as an example jumped 8% yesterday )

13. bloomst

bloomst Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I believe if you are in the medium term or long term, what spot you pay is irrelevant, as you will not just buy once. Unless that is exactly your plan?

I would be more concern on the premium you pay for the physical gold or silver.

14. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

Even without tapering I don't think we will see $30-$35 again for a long time, the possibility of tapering in the future is on peoples minds so will always weigh heavily on the price. I'm still buying small amounts of metal here and there (slow accumulation), bought some futures on various companies but again... no large amounts. Grabbed some Newcrest, St Barbara, Medusa, OceanaGold and Evolution. Managed to buy Evolution yesterday morning right at open for 80 cents just before the jump, all the others opened at high % gains immediately. Not sure why the delay with EVN.

15. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

the future is not to be predicted ;)

silver is to keep one heppy not sad and worry :lol: silverbuyer

16. Aureus

Having different opinions is fantastic when you're in a group consisting only of mature adults willing to explain why they think the way they do. Unfortunately, this place has too many self labeled "oracles" who just stink up the place.

Too often you get people saying "silver's a good/crap investment" then, they may be wrong for months, but the moment the market goes in the direction they chose they show up again and act like they're gods gift. How about that period you were wrong? do we just forget that?

If you want to make predictions then predict the short term direction, anything else is guesswork.

17. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Sounds like most of the "experts" :lol:[/quote]
    Conjecture from the moderator ..CONJECTURE FROM THE MODERATOR !!!! ...pelican ?.....Pelican !!.... PELICAN !!!! ? :lol:

18. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Having different opinions is fantastic when you're in a group consisting only of mature adults willing to explain why they think the way they do. Unfortunately, this place has too many self labeled "oracles" who just stink up the place.

Too often you get people saying "silver's a good/crap investment" then, they may be wrong for months, but the moment the market goes in the direction they chose they show up again and act like they're gods gift. How about that period you were wrong? do we just forget that?

If you want to make predictions then predict the short term direction, anything else is guesswork.[/quote]

no matter who you are it is only 'guess work" ( unless you are god that is )

I like to diversify my investments which is why I also hold a fair bit of gold and silver but stocks in the short term are the clear winners, bigger sustained gains and they pay dividends on top of this. (NCM up another 1.3% tday -- woo )

19. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

EGGsPert

20. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

Great, now we have 'Octaper' to look forward to, what a freaking side-show. haha