Perth Mint policies

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by phoenixeagle, Sep 18, 2013.

1. phoenixeagle

phoenixeagle Member

Just got off the phone with PM wanting to add a 1 oz gold horse to my order, that has been paid for, but has not been shipped yet. Because the order had already been paid for they could not add anything to it and I would have to pay another $25 in shipping if I wanted to buy the single 1 oz coin.

I was a bit shocked as I'm used to buying from places like Bullionlist, Goldstackers and Bullionbourse that do not have these ridiculous policies. Oh well, it's their loss, I'm taking my money elsewhere......

2. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's a bit rude.

3. bron suchecki

bron suchecki Active Member Silver Stacker

It is not a policy, it is the computer system, which locks an order once it has been paid and moved into pick/pack/despatch mode. The system is Microsoft Axapta, need I say more :)

4. phoenixeagle

phoenixeagle Member

Would be something they should look into; improve their customer service. I'm sure I'm not the first person who has asked to add more to their order, as a minimum of $25 shipping is not something I like to pay twice.

5. stackedit

stackedit New Member

I had the same problem when horses were released. In the morning I could only get kooks. Then in the arvo I got my horses had to pay double delivery. Could have gotten an extra oz if I went elsewhere.