Treasure machine - no budget?

Discussion in 'Prospecting & Detecting' started by gazzahere, Sep 8, 2013.

1. gazzahere

gazzahere Member Silver Stacker

Afternoon all,
    -
    I have used metal detectors for years and have never baulked at the price - but I am only familiar with gold machines - my current two are a gpx 4500 and a 3000 - which I use for a specific purpose - I will be selling both on the sept. forum asap.

That said - I want to get a treasure machine - I didn't want to add this request into the existing advice wanted thread because the poster said that they had a budget of $600.

My query is -------- if one didn't have a budget ---------- what do people consider the best please?

I want to search beaches/sand mainly - I am looking for gold/silver items - and I would prefer to be able to discriminate as accurately as possible --------- I do NOT like digging, thank you very much - especially for ring pull tops, fishing hooks etc.. I am not even partial to coins - I am after gold and silver items.

When I say best ------------ a quick learning curve would be nice - ie. as simple as possible - but, as good a result as possible - I have no idea if it is possible to combine those.

have a great arvo

gazza
    tia for input.

2. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

My advice, get used to digging. The ring pull you walk over will be the gold ring the next guy finds.

3. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^+1

4. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Coiltek Maryborough might be worth contacting. You might be able to do a trade-in.

The CTX-3030 is the top of the range vlf priced at $2695. No idea if they are worth it.

5. Squiggles

Squiggles New Member

+1 for CTX-3030, but in saying that I do know a guy who owns one and actually prefers using an AT Pro with a NEL Hunter coil over the 3030.

You don't need the best, a $400 Ace 250 can do all that and surprisingly well.

6. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not arguing with this, Im leaning towards getting a coin/beach machine and will not discount a garrett. The 3030 looks super, but do all the bells and whistles make it worth the big bucks. You need to spend top dollars for a top gold detector, but not necessarily for a decent vlf. Just have to learn to drive whatever you get.