New to the PM Investment Game

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Stax, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Stax

Stax New Member

Hi to all,

Just starting to "Stack", looking to spread my money out further than "high interest" savings account, and / or ISA's.

I'm looking at long term ,not trying to make a killing over a couple of years.

Currently have 5oz of Perth Mint Gold bars.:)
    Looking at buying 100 Oz of Silver in 10oz bars (price is best at this size) something like Scottsdale or Emirates?
    Other brands available to me here in UK are Umicore or Metalor
    The 100 Oz of Scottsdale would work out at 2371, or 23.71 per Oz (GBP).
    Is this a reasonable brand/price.

I;m thinking now is a good time to "step on the merry-go-round", given the impending attacks on Syria, and the possibility of the collapse of the UK banking industry.

I'm sure the low interest rates WILL rise soon, chaos will then surely abound, as it did in the past.

Another question for ya...

what constitutes a "Stack":)

2. Madhatter

Madhatter New Member

3. Stax

Stax New Member

Cheers for the pointer.

Atkinson's are 1/2 mile from my house as well!!

Thanks again, their prices are far better then the "Dealer" I've been looking at based in Hockley

4. Hi Stax,
    Just wanted to chime in and welcome you.
    You have unfortunately come in a little bit late for the bargain sale on PM's if you have just now started buying but it's still a great opportunity to start your stack at very good prices.
    May I suggest to you though that you spread your purchases out over a longer period of time in smaller increments and try to take advantage of some future drops in spot price.
    Try to buy on the dips and stay away during the rallies such as the one we are now in.
    My last purchase was several weeks ago when silver spot was around AU $21.50 and I will not be buying more now until the next inevitable dip.
    So nice to see some fellow English people here. I emigrated to Aus back in 1966 so I'm a bit out of touch but the news from "home" sounds very grim.

5. retirement is coming

retirement is coming New Member

Hi there, Atkinson's are close to me too! Been my company of choice for the last 6 months. If I can help with anything, just drop me a pm :)

As for the size of the stack, just collect what you can IMO. I am planning on spending between 150-250 per month on pm's for the next 20 odd years. My end goal is to have about 60kg of silver and about 20oz of gold. Not a lot, but means I will always have something to fall back on. I think most stackers here would say spend what you can afford, and you will see it grow over time.

6. Gary007

Gary007 New Member

It's never to late to get into the game, some people have been doing this for years and are still waiting for prices to go to the moon :)

7. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

keep this close to the chest

Buy now Cry later :)

8. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Welcome Stax.

I am stacking for almost a year now so I am new as well still and learning every day.

I like Silver Bullitt's advice...it makes sense to me though sometimes for me, I have a difficult time not spending way over my budget.

What constitutes "a stack" you ask? One piece on top of another. :)

Seriously though, there is no universally agreed upon or rigid definition....it's whatever you have now is a stack and when you add to it it simply becomes whatever you had before plus a few. Honestly, I don't even count the number I have....not that I have many, just that I don't personally see it as very important. If I have 25 ounces, it's 25 ounces more than all my neighbors combined; 25 ounces more than most people in the world likely own.

Enjoy the ride!