Didn't someone on this forum loose their stash lately

Discussion in 'Silver' started by hihosilver, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

In case the guy WAS the owner, and for what this single story is worth any generalization to deserve media attention, at least in this case it makes clear that stacking silver without stacking legally acquired / ownership proving docs, may end up in a reason for govt to take it from you.

And how is this related to Freedom with the capital F?
    If you receive some govt attention for any deserved or undeserved reason, and they stumble into something they want to know of that you didn't steal it, then they can as well be protecting ownership. Of course, government care more about protecting its own theft (anti tax/whatever evasion) than you, but that doesn't mean they don't care at all about protecting others ownership. See, they have to make up some believable excuse for what they do.
    Take any country / govt, and a police checking a car and seeing alot cash, silver, gold, jewelry, whatever 'lotsa value', and they'll ask you to prove it's yours.

2. SULLA

SULLA Member Silver Stacker

Here is a link which answers some of the questions raised in this thread for Victoria.
    http://www.communitylaw.org.au/flemingtonkensington/cb_pages/policepowersandmyrights.php

Q.9 In what circumstances are the police allowed to search me?

(a) Police can search you, your bags or your car without a warrant if they suspect on reasonable grounds you have drugs of dependence, weapons, volatile substances (if you are under 18), or a graffiti implement. They can also search you if you are the target of an authorisation or in an authorised zone under state terrorism laws.

Good general information re your rights at the link.

3. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

In other words whenever they want

4. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the info.

But can they search your mobile phone?

5. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

is it a joke? :lol:

6. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

yep

and if you fail the attitude test when u are pulled over they will generally waste your time and go over your car witha fine tooth comb.

We are living in a government contrrolled nanny state that is getting more and more restrictive all the time.

7. pdkbffwleo

pdkbffwleo New Member

"lose" is still the most misspelled word in the history of mankind...

just a side note...

8. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Well at least Russia and Ukraine don't pretend they are "land of freedom" and don't try to "teach" everyone else about it...

Today word freedom and democratic are mainly used only for allies of US and "happy coalition" countries. It actually doesn't matter if country is democratic or not, it only counts if it's on the right side...or it has oil or something which would bring money.

As everything in the world freedom is very relative term.

9. pdkbffwleo

pdkbffwleo New Member

Stark...I think you're a cool guy...I do. But, come to America...stay on a work visa..whatever...and then have an opinion of life here in the States.

Unfortunately, with 310,000,000 people, the "news" and social media protrays the worst of America and it's freedom.

People here call the cops "a$$holes" in front of their face, and aren't handcuffed and thrown in jail.

We're not a police state...we don't see cops around every corner. I've been to 17 different countries, and most were nice...most seemed "free," and yet, in my opinion, none compared to America. I haven't been to Australia yet, and I REALLY want to get over there, as I have some friends that I spent time with in Afghanistan (pilots). Cool dudes...love the culture...but, haven't been.

Editing for a side note. I'm NOT a purist American who thinks we have the best country in the world, but our "freedoms" are pretty vast...

We have A LOT of problems...poor education...too much debt...too many free loaders and people who can't appreciate other cultures/countries.

I'm not some hillbilly that isn't educated about our downfalls. Trust me on this :)

10. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

To further clarify, the graffiti implement search can only be done on the property of a transport company (train station), right next to a train station, or when someone is trespassing.

The volatile substance is (basically) only if you are under 18.

So really, police can generally only search you or your vehicle in a public place if they suspect you have weapons or drugs on you.

11. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

so as he said basically anytime they want

12. Bank Manager

Bank Manager Member Silver Stacker

Legend, is frequently misspelled too......

13. samoth25

samoth25 Member Silver Stacker

Legend, is frequently misspelled too......

Isn't it just easier to write foot

14. pdkbffwleo

pdkbffwleo New Member

White/black...virtually identical.

Folks from the Middle East may run into some white trash ignorance...but, all in all...this isn't the 50's.

If anything, it's almost reversed its course so much where it's the other way around.

15. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

That may be because statistics show that on certain places / situations the chance on a criminal increases with that human property.
    Take for ex my country, half of the prisoners are foreigners yet they make up 10% of the population.
    A cop that just wanted to work more efficient by checking foreigners more, would catch more criminals with a same effort.
    Not that 'criminal' has anything to do with skin color, the most plausible explanation is that governments attract foreigners with alot help / fees / subsides / local peoples money for nothing, and that this atracts foreigners going for this. So you get a concentration, and that's why governments itself is the main cause for racism by people that fail to recognize the real reason.