I'm sick of waiting for things to improve.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Aug 24, 2013.

1. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

I'm really getting tired of waiting for these decisions in the U.S to be made its taking forever for September to come around..... Stupid Bernanke hasn't even shown his face at Jackson Hole....what an idiot, what drugs are he on? Peter Schiff reckons Bernanke doesn't have the balls to start Tapering at all or if he does it will only be a few Billion here and there....

Then we still have to wait again for Obama to go through all his bullshit about raising the debt ceiling, that will take them a month to bloody sort out after all the arguing and whinging and whining...

I'm also bloody sick of australias economy going backwards and more bad news every week coming around.... The sooner we get rid of Labor the better and people will start spending money and employing people before Xmas....C'mon September 7th I'm sick of waiting!

2. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Start spending money? What money? There is no money to spend!

3. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Well ye you are right there Dan..... I think this xmas is going to be a very tight one.......I also think if the Liberals get in people will feel a weight lifted from there shoulders and they'll be happy again.....I know the business I used to work at which is very big are just waiting for the election and Libs to get in..... All the salesman are standing around with hands in pockets atmo....The present climate is bloody depressing I know that much.

4. MyNamesNotBen

MyNamesNotBen New Member

Yeah thats it mate. As soon as the australian public vote out them commie bastards the economy will improve overnight. Lets quickly go through a few facts everyone on silver stackers needs to know:

When the australian economy is doing badly.. Its labors fault

When the global economy is doing badly.. Its labors fault

When the economy does well... Its all thanks to the libs

America hitting their debt ceiling for the millionth time.. Labors fault

Only half of the australian people working and paying tax.. Its certainly not because of our ageing population.. Its labors fault

Global climate change is a conspiracy because THE ALP wants to squeeze more tax out of us.

Power prices are going up.. because of labor

Small businesses are doing it tough.. because of labor

Silver and gold prices crashed.. all labors fault

Ben Bernanke started QE.. all because of the ALP

Fuel prices are going up not because of the falling AUD.. No.. Its all labor

Millions died in the holocaust.. because of hitler Kevin Rudd

Yippe-Ki-Ya squeals in the background "hes a communist"

Food prices are going up despite major supermarkets making billions.. labors fault

Mining companies aren't doing as well these days.. must be because labor is in government (not because rising operating costs and lower resource prices)

TheEnd not having a rainy day fund then having to go on the dole after losing his job.. labors fault (DAE HATE WEELLFFAARRREEEEEE)

Australia not being in surplus during the largest financial crisis in most of our lifetimes.. labors fault. They just can't stop spending!

"Emergency level" low interest rates.. labors fault

Housing affordability is not a problem because people all want to live in the inner city in nicer and bigger houses... nope, you guessed it, labors fault.

5. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

In the Westpac bank last week, I saw a poster stating ask here about our rocket home loan account.. It stated that over 60% of home loans using the rocket system are ahead on their repayments.. How much $$$ does this take out of the retail spending?

People are trying to reduce their debt after having seen what has happened in Greece and Cyprus.

Also the high unemployment numbers in Spain and Portugal have a lot of people worried.

The debt in the USA is nearing $17 trillion..The only way to pay it back is maybe to keep buying US bonds by giving the banks free interest fiat money.

Australia these days rides on the Pandas back.. If the Panda gets sick, then God help us all for nothing will help the Australian people including Kevin and Tony with their great ideas on how to spend money to buy our votes.

Beware of false prophets that bring to us bearer of gifts that are beyond our peoples ability to pay for.

Regards Errol 43

6. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Look i'm not saying its ALL Labors fault....Gillard 'may' have done some good things and the mining tax wasn't actually a bad effort considering how much those mines make..... But it is true that we are now 400Billion in debt after originally having a 20Billion surplus the previous six years before......My dad says EVERY time Labor get in they screw the economy up and they always have done!

p.s Waiting for reply for new job at Toyota Forklifts as a technician.... Toyota recently bought two very big brands in U.S and now own ALOT more marketshare....Good times ahead hopefully.... Wish me luck!

7. Jim...

Jim... New Member

I saw the same Westpac poster, I must be a pessimist because I just thought oh 40% must be behind on there replayments.

8. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Haha this ^^

9. MyNamesNotBen

MyNamesNotBen New Member

The liberals produced a measly 20billion surplus over 6 years, during which they sold off 75 billion of assets for the private sector to ruin. You think that is a good thing? 20 billion dollars saved over 6 years during what was probably the biggest boom Australia will ever see? What a joke. Labor is awful (though not nearly as bad as many say) and the liberal party is an incompetent group of scum. Vote 1 sustainable population party, I say. In fact vote 1 any party that isn't labor, LNP or the greens.

Good luck :)

10. MyNamesNotBen

MyNamesNotBen New Member

Im obviously biased towards labor and your dad is probably biased towards liberals.. and thats OK. News Ltd has a painfully obvious liberal bias just like the ABC is more to the left. The mainstream media is against whoever happens to be in government. You need to make your own decision who to vote for and realise that EVERYONE has an agenda.

11. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Don't worry, it's false hope, neither party can dig us out any time soon. 'I' believe it will take time, and a lower aud to help bring foreign $$$ in.

12. petey

petey Active Member Silver Stacker

While I too am keen to see some action, let life go on. TheEnd you have been making a lot of threads on this sort of topic lately - remember there are things to be positive about still... your kids, your loved ones, how good the weather is, that amazing view, the waves crashing on the beach, etc.

Remember to forget money from time to time.

13. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Labors fault!

14. Rinchin

Rinchin New Member

This is patetic.......... two heads, one snake.

only way for things to improve is to crash it and start again without the international bankers calling the shots.

Quit waiting for things to improve. Start waiting for a reset.

TheEnd - don't go get a "job" collect the dole and make some cash on the side any way you can. We don't need smart productive people competing for the few jobs around accepting deteriorating conditions and pay.

Look after yourself and your family - I'm assuming you've paid enough tax in your time, time to claim some back and stop contributing to a system that doesn't value your productive capacity.

15. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

The rules are as follows:
    Low interest rates under Labor means the economy is in an emergency.
    Low interest rates under Liberals means the economy is doing boomingly well.

High interest rates under Labor means the economy is in an emergency.
    High interest rates under Liberals means the economy is doing TOO boomingly well.

16. finchy

finchy New Member

+1

gotta enjoy the simple things.

Dammit,this month i had enough fiat for a kilo of Ag.
    I thought..,stuff it i havnt bought the old lady something in a while,so i got her an ipad.

lol,so i helped the economy plod along,lined apples pockets,made the old lady happy & i got a warm fuzzy feeling inside for a brief second.

Do i regret it?
    yep!
    spots climbing faster in value than that ipad :D

17. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

There are those that are just keeping track of their repayments which would be a large part of that 40% I think. Fitch's Dinkum Index for Q1 2013 was 1.48% for those 30+ days in arrears.