Would you still buy?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SliderC, Aug 23, 2013.

1. SliderC

SliderC Active Member

Guys,
    Seeking some opinions.

Ive managed to pick up a decent amount during the lows however curious, anyone else whos already in for the ride, are you still buying?

2. Andy28

Andy28 Well-Known Member

crazy I havent bought for quite a while and was just getting the itch again. Standard thats when it picks to jump! That said When I first started buying was at this price (though it was on its way down) and I felt like it was a good option then. So at this price but on the way up still seems like a decent bet.

3. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'd keep buying up to $30, then reassess the situation between Christmas and Easter.

4. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yep. Except when we need cash for other reasons I just keep buying. The ride is part of stacking. The price just determines how many ounces I can get this month. If I was speculating with silver then I may care more about trying to predict the price swings, but I'm not therefore I don't.

5. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

I keep buying until I have fiat left

coz I'm selling at the same time

6. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Prices always rise for the release of the newest Lunar coin

7. Andy28

Andy28 Well-Known Member

haha Im relatively new to the game but this is just the way of the world!

8. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

There's been a strong seasonal uptick in the price of gold in the months of Sept and Nov for the last 30 years. Mike Maloney's insider report recently showed the seasonality graph for 5, 15 and 30 years. Very strong price gains in those months.

9. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

I'm still buying :)

10. volrathy

volrathy Active Member

I buy silver as im trying to save money for a holiday. I have no self control and if the cash was sitting in my bank account I would be buying beer and going to play pokies and spend heaps of money on garbage

11. upandaway

upandaway Member

I'll make an exception for the 1 oz Horse but not bullion until I see a decent period of sideways consolidation starting next week.

If it continues to run from here it would be near vertical and everyone should know by now where that ends up very quickly.

It appears most are their own worse enemy reading the comments. Don't CHASE.

12. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes keep buying silver and gold. There is little other choice as these are no longer real markets anymore. Nothing makes sense and market trends mean nothing. Prices go up on bad news as that implies more money printing. The distortion of massive money printing supporting failing economies means that this system is going down. You can, like the governments around the world, pretend it is recovering or that recovery is around the corner but that is simply not true. You can cling to lies told by our leaders and grab on to false hope, but it makes no difference. This economic ship is sinking and what will replace it is far from clear. I bet on the 5000 years of PM history rather than slips of paper with pictures of dead people printed on them, backed by empty promises. Price will eventually mean nothing.

13. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

I won't.
    Market data shows most of the price uptrend is due to temporary buyers of silver that never gets delivered / allocated, and I don't see inflation figures bringing in people willing to pay again higher prices.
    So I will be keeping the euro's for after a next Comex dump; to then again swap them.

Just keeping buying at any price is the easiest, and doing the easiest things is, on markets like these, bound to end up in fat losses.

14. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

I'm still buying and will continue to buy.

The whole of the western world is addicted to mickey mouse money printing, with the odd exception such as Norway which has a massive $700 billion state investment fund built over 40 odd years of careful management of its North sea assets, unlike the UK which has pissed all its tax revenues up the wall.

Keep buying.

15. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

Im still a buyer as long as spot which is now 25.23 CAD stays below my cost average 30.30 CAD. Im getting a little nervous with the speed its going up but in hindsight the drop was much much quicker. Wish Id bought a few morw kilos at 20 instead of paying down the mortgage. I think silver will break 30 but then get smacked down around xmas as it always does.

16. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

Actually if u account for premiums Im not a buyer of coins but would still be going for bars to keep bringing my cost average down.

17. randrace

randrace New Member

I'm going to try and stop buying at 25USD. The key word here is 'try.' I'm an addict!

18. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

I think it's still quite a good buy, considering the fact that it could easily go to 50 $ and many are awaiting for the 75 $ level.

Until it's under 30 $, it's still a good buy.

Just that - if you take account of the 100 day moving average for gold, you might think this could be a "hickup", "dead cat bounce"... might not last for long. And if that's the case, maybe silver would dip as well.

19. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

I will continue to chase Norfed coins and some other I wish to have them in my collection.

Regarding the rest, it will more depend on my financial situation than price. If I will have a lot of money I will spend it more on PM. :)

There are so many "truths" out there and so many people following changes of weather or something. Saying one thing, and then completely other few days later. Will try to stick with my plan, that is my best bet.

Have 1oz gold bar now for more than 3 years. Is now worth exactly as much as it was when I got it. Maybe a little more. I wish it would be worth more of course, but it's better than loosing money. Invest some money in stocks, burnt a lot on some investments.

Wish that would have more spare fiat as there are many interesting things to buy, despite price increase.

Patience is the key. ;)

20. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Take into account that waiting for bottoms delivers more ounces. Some discipline to resist continue buying rewarded by more buying. If I had have the discipline to wait 2 years to buy, and ignored previous bottoms, I'd have 30% more ounces now. Of course easier said in hindsight, but if I had known back then what QE really was, I wouldn't have bought at a tripled price and with a Comex position of 41K.
    But I learnt from it, and I'm averaging down since 2 of my 3 silver years, and I ignored the $50 $43 $38 and $35 and $32's I saw. If I continue this buying discipline, then I might reach a successful inflation hedge within my financial time horizon, combined with a selling discipline. Also important, just look at those that sold when spot was sub $20.
    And I also don't focus on silver, if I see anything at a good price that is of use later to myself or others, I stockpile it, just like silver. Silver is just an inbetween step for us. It doesn't make sense to skips a products purchase for an inbetween step to it.