Trusted ebay silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by numismatic-stacker11, Aug 10, 2013.

1. numismatic-stacker11

numismatic-stacker11 New Member

Just wondering some trusted silver sellers on ebay or if any of you are selling silver on ebay for a good price.
    thanks.

2. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Why buy on ebay? When you can just buy here! Many dealers here offer much better deals. ;)

3. Lots of counterfeits on Ebay, you can occasionally get a bargain but it's risky and also frustrating as the bidders often go nuts and pay far too much.
    I'd say it's good advice to buy here also.
    Have a look at the trading forum, there is usually plenty of variety there from fellow stackers and dealers. :)
    I do have some favorite sellers on Ebay that I have dealt with though so let me know if interested and I will post the names for you.
    I only ever buy junk silver on Ebay BTW. All my bullion comes from dealers.

4. montecristo4

montecristo4 New Member

Bullion is such a low margin product that the fees would make it very hard to find a good price on eBay.

Most commercial operations can't even afford to accept credit card or paypal.

I think eBay may be useful for the odd small purchase, but not stacking ounces.

5. bland

bland New Member

there are Perth Mint 100oz bars on ebay for 3500 that are available from the perth mint for less than 2400. Also all the 1kg bullion bars are 8-900 but are available for about 750 from a walk in bullion dealer. I don't get this at all. I'm not talking antique bullion just standard bullion.

6. The biggest mystery to me is that many people on ebay actually buy at those sorts of prices.
    I can't believe they don't shop around before making such a large purchase.

7. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

Lot of folks don't - they have the preconceived notion that just because it's on EBay, it has to be the cheapest available.

This situation isn't unique, I've looked at many things on EBay, and I figure about half the time, I find it cheaper elsewhere, through more traditional channels.

8. Gazza79

Gazza79 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Every now and then you might get a bargain on eBay but your better off buying from the dealers and members here, best prices around :)

9. RA

RA New Member

I just shiped a 2010
    water case fiji gildedtaku for less than i paid for it seller:rathefisherman