peter schiff's "Powerful case for Silver" pdf

Discussion in 'Silver' started by finicky, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Hectorthehero

Hectorthehero Member

After watching Peter Schiff's You Tube rant on the George Zimmerman , Trayvon Martin case...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqbIZqznaX0

I felt like Dorothy peaking behind the curtain and finding Oz wasnt all he was cracked up to be. Of course just because he is stupid enough to promulgate his ignorance of common and criminal law and proper judicial process doesnt mean he doesnt know precious metals, does it?

He shows no understanding of judicial process or criminal justice system but comments vociferously on them. The U.S judicial system is adversarial, fundamentally

the same as ours, Schiff's principal beef is that Trayvon Martin had a violent history, it is simply not relevant in this case the accused has no prior knowledge of this.

In all jurisdictions in Australia the defence of self defence is a full defence in cases of manslaughter and if proven demands an acquittal. Of course you dont expect some one to be carrying a hand gun here. The burden for the accused is to prove he was acting lawfully.

2. silverbulldog

silverbulldog New Member

+9,999,999,999,999,999,999

Its getting out of hand. I have never seen a forum member come onto a forum and have everyone hate him/her in a matter of 1 week. You Bama need to resolve your own issues before you can communicate effectively.

3. RT

RT New Member

I think his stance comes from looking at all the fundamentals and going on what is underlying the market, what the FED DOES and not instead on what the FED says, he makes some very good points.

The market has completely let go of moving in a normal fashion. It is dictated by the words from the FED and other market manipulators not on the underlying actions.

Because of all the manipulation, its very hard to forcast any timeline for outcomes, all the fundamentals are there for these big bad moves to happen but the market manipulators use words to control investor sentiment in the short term and everyone hopes they are smarted then 90% of other investors and can pick the time to front run the market reversal and pocket the profits while everyone else gets stuck with the bill.

You only have to look around and talk to people and EVERYONE has 1 eye on the exit and the expectation is not IF it will happen but WHEN and hope they are all smart/quick enough to cash out with profit.

There wont be a collapse until complacency really settles in. This market is like an abusive relationship, we all just got smacked around a little (2008) and like any abusive relationship, once you have shown you will accept it, the abuser is all sweet until you give your trust back and become complacent again then BAM!! Its even worse the next time but you have been conditioned to take it.

I think Schiff sees this but just has to much faith in the ability of others to recognise it also and wake up and cause investor sentiment to swing hard.

4. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

I do think Schiff fails to take modern economic policy into account.. We just aren't seeing the inflation he's been shouting about for years.. We are seeing the same average we've had for decades.

I'm not sure who his target audience is anymore because he's went off the deep end with commentary on things like Hollywood stars do (Zimmerman trial)

I don't want to see Jim Rodgers on the View talking about one of the Kardashawhore's love life or Schiff & his economics on a trial commentary.

5. nbboy1123

nbboy1123 New Member

Being educated in Economics I view Schiff as a slick Snake Oil Salesman. Although he has some good points, his underlying reason for being so bull on PM is he is involved in the sales. Realistically Silver isn't going to go up to $100 an ounce anytime soon. Without hyper inflation, it's going to be a slow climb (If ever) This last bump these past few years was, for all purposes, mostly speculation. I feel bad for people who bought in at $40 dollars an ounce. It will be a long time till you break even. (But then again I could be wrong. I don't pretend to know ANYTHING about where the market is going. I just happen to know if it sounds too good to be true it most likely is.)

But all in all, I love my silver! It makes me feel like a Pirate! ARRRRG!! ;)

6. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

BamaGuy... You lost me when you stated that it didn't matter what the US public debt was.. Whether it was 17trillion or seventy trillion or 700trillion..

Now what about private debt in the USA and unfunded health and pension funds?

I'll tell you a story about Australians..Go to a football final and there is the Prime Minister of either party standing there soaking up the limelight and when he is introduced the booing starts...Does this mean we do not love our country. No it just means we don't like politicians delaying our football game.

We love our country just as much as Americans love theirs but in a different manner of expressing it.

We love taking the pi.. out of each other but here on SS we treat each other the way we like to be treated .

As for me I havn't got a bloody clue if silver is going up or down but do I feel that the USA is not in a recession.. No I don't. The financial experts in the USA didn't predict the collapse of 08 so why should I believe them now when they say the USA is coming good again after the Federal Reserve is pumping $85 billion a month into bonds/shares.

Interested to hear your slant on the state of the economy in the USA,?

Regards Errol 43

7. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

If I had to use one word I would use FRAGILE

I'm very concerned about the amount of taxes & possible future taxes we are hit with. I see one of the biggest dangers to be entitlement programs.. There's just too many people too lazy to work & claim disabilities... My uncle lost his arm in WW2,came home and worked for 42 years before retiring. Lots of people here have no work ethic. That bothers me.

Our debt used to worry me until one day i realized that people are lining up to buy it. I thought & still think they're crazy to do it. But it's happening & has for decades. I do think our economy drives the world & we are now a consumer nation (for my lifetime)

Th economy is rebounding because there's so much money out there & not a lot of investments to chase. People are spending again after 4-5 years of actual fiscal responsibility.

I don't know a single poor person without a smartphone.

Keep in mind my view is not the common view.. I'm 40,no children & about to retire,so my view is jaded because my thinking is GREED.. I've got mine.Now I just want to protect it so it will last.

8. RT

RT New Member

I just dont see it. I think the whole thing is a tragedy. Both parties contrabuted to the situation and both parties had the opportunity to not escalate the situation.

As far as I can tell, its not illegal to carry a weapon with a license in the US, its not illegal to follow, watch and monitor someone as long as your not physicaly interfearing with them - private investigators for 1 do this all the time (even though we all may hate this if it happened to ourselves), he was advised not to follow but again, doesnt break the law by continueing to do so. Advice is exactly what it is, advice.

Trayvon decides to take matters into his own hands (who can blame him really, most of us would probably do the same thing) and he decides to escalate the situation and physicaly assult Zimmerman (breaks the law) then takes it further and beats him on the ground, again escalating the situation even further (forensics supports this)

As for Trayvon's background in MMA, yes by all means this was a very important piece of infomation and should have been included. Of course Zimmerman had no knowledge of this when it happened but it most certainly would demonstrate that Trayvon knew how to punch, dominate, control and use force in a situation and that Zimmerman would have been overwelmed by Trayvons abilities to fight.

This most definatly would have come to light if it was here in Australia, this very thing happened to a mate of mine when I used to work security. He had a background in kick boxing and because of it, they classed his hands and feet as using "deadly weapons". He was assulted by 3 blokes while he was working and they got the jump on him but he sure as hell ended it. He was charged with "grievous bodily harm" by the police on behalf of the 3, they of course claimed he attacked them and granted, they were pretty messed up. There was no footage because it happened outside camera range and he was going to go away for it because he was deemed to have used deadly weapons. Luckly, another business close by came forward with their own recorded footage that showed the whole thing from start to finish and it showed he used reasonable and proportionate force to stop the 3 attackers. He didnt pursue the fight on the ground, if he had of, then it would be classed as unreasonable force. The police were pissed about it and to this day, 8yrs later, he is still hasseled about it by them and they still try to pin excessive force on him if he is involved in fights.

As much as Zimmerman is a dick for following Trayvon, he never broke the law in doing so. Trayvon did break the law when he decided to escalate the situation by assulting Zimmerman, his skills at fighting provided an edge to overwelm Zimmerman and are relevant, Zimmerman feared for his life at this time and only at this time and used the only option he felt he had available once Trayvon escalated the situation by commiting a crime and Zimmerman feeling he was overwelmed due to Trayvons skills to dominate and control because of his training.

Sure Zimmermans a dick but Ive never seen a law against that. I just cant see how he can be held responsable for murder, manslaughter or anything else.
    The only law I can see that was broken is the Trayvon assulted Zimmerman and that ultimately was Trayvon choice to do that. He had the choice to get away from the situation but chose to instead break the law when up to that point no law had been broken.
    It just happened to be that Zimmerman had 1 last choice to fall back on to defend and protect himself and that was his gun

I think Shliffs commentry is quiet good, its just not the popular view.
    MSM has just used it to get their ratings up.
    Civil rights groups have used a tragedy to get a emotional platform.

9. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

Obama is on TV now talking about it.. I'm getting tired of seeing the President speak about this one single citizen while refusing to speak about all the scandals going on..

10. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Your economy doesn't drive the world... Well not here in Australia...We trade heavily with China, Japan, South Korea and SE Asian countries..

The world is changing as far as trade goes..

As Winston Churchill said, referring to China, Let the gentle giant sleep for when she awakens the world will tremble.

If you are going to retire shortly maybe you could visit Australia and get a different slant on the world. A lot of SS members here go to the states for holidays and business trips and always come back with favorable views...

Quite a few Americans have come to live in Australia and also have given favorable reports of life here in Australia.

There are many countries in the world where it is good to live other than the USA..New Zealand is another.

Regards Errol 43

11. RT

RT New Member

Why wouldnt he fuel the fire though? Its galvanised people opinions across the country, everyone is so focused on 1 person and the percieved (false) impact it will have on themselves. Saying every town has a Trayvon makes all people try to relate to it.
    Everyones attention is fixed on it but look at all the real issues going on right now in the US that really need people to question them and will have very real and bad impacts on all, black, white, brown, everyone!

Obamacare and job losses, amnesty to illegals and job losses for lower income workers, huge amount of full time job losses but replaced by part time, not to mention the scandals.....

While I doubt this Zimmerman case is a false flag, they will sure as hell get some milage out of it and it will keep huge amounts of people to worried about what is at the end of the day a non-issue based on the facts. People will spends years pursueing this issue to make sure they feel like they made a differance!

Meanwhile, everyones to pre-occupied to even pay attention to all the job losses coming, everything getting passed through that will hurt them later.
    Even the civil rights groups are busy "fighting" a popular non-issue whilst allow the people they say they fight for to be sold down the river. If a person was paranoid, they might even think these civil rights groups are in fact a front group to shape popular opinion away from the real issues for the government and keep the masses occupied.

This is manna from heaven for a government dealing with heat from policies and scandle. They couldnt make sh#t up this good that would keep so many so focused while ignoring all the real issues that impact themselves.
    You have to admire the ease that they can control mass psychology! :cool:

12. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

It's gonna sound racist coming from me but ,I think he's doing it because he's black...You gotta keep up the street cred...

13. Or perhaps he's racist.........Nah.

14. RT

RT New Member

Its got nothing to do with the fact his black. If he cared about blacks he wouldnt be supporting the illegle immigrants amnesty that will then allow these people to legaly move into low paid part time jobs that a large % of the black community rely on. People are blinded to it because they assume because he is black, he has their interest at heart. Its just blind hope that things will change without actualy checking to see that it does.

He is apart of a different class, skin has nothing to do with it. The political class uses peoples assumptions against them.

A popular vote (unquestioned support) was needed to solidify the new direction and changes that Bush bought in. The party might have changed, the same politics continues. Sure there is different window dressing to distract voters but look at the direction the US is heading (as the US goes, the world follows). Thats not just from this current 1 or the last 1, its been a slow evolution of changing freedoms.

What are people going to do when they cant even find 1 low wage, low hour job, let alone 2 to make ends meet?

They are fighting the wrong fight but no one sees it.

15. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Throw enough darts and sooner or later you will hit a bulls-eye.