esuper tax time question

Discussion in 'Superannuation' started by Fykus, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Fykus

Fykus Member Silver Stacker

so ive been with esuper for a year now, but this is the first time that tax time has rolled around while ive had my smsf.
    do esuper email you at the end of the financial year to ask about your purchases/where you pm's are stored or anything like that. i notice the sticky in this forum with the prices as of the 30th june so will they email me wanting those or am i supposed to email them? its been 2 weeks and havent heard anything from them so im not sure if i should be worried or not.

thanks in advance

2. boyracer

boyracer Member

Be patient. They will email you about the compliance checklist. Last year it was 19th July I received the email.

You will need to account for the all the bank transactions they don't already know about ie. PM purchase/sales.

It is relatively easy to work through. You have a number of options to send them documents upload, email, mail. I found email was simplest as their upload did seem to have some issues last year.

You have plenty of time to do this - they'll want the compliance checklist done by 31 October but the actual return is due for lodgement next year if memory serves correctly.

3. Fykus

Fykus Member Silver Stacker

thanks, i was packing it that id done something wrong. this eases my mind.
    thanks again