Could silver fall below 15 $? What do you think?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by TreasureHunter, Jul 5, 2013.

1. silver sultan

silver sultan New Member

JUST WAIT AND SEE ALL YOU BEARS !!!
    I HAVE IT FROM VERY HIGH SOURCE AND CANT SAY WHO BUT SILVER IS GOING TO DO VERY WELL :)

2. pdkbffwleo

pdkbffwleo New Member

No kidding.

Nevermind. :rolleyes:

3. Despite all the bearish doom and the somewhat delusional bullish optimism I take a more neutral stance and see silver as a sound long term investment with very good prospects based on historical performance.
    Being a real estate investor I am used to ups and downs, even disasters, and know a degree of patience and an occasional Valium washed down with some good Bourbon is occasionally needed.
    I certainly don't lose any sleep over this investment, unlike many others I have made.
    The spot price is certainly relevant in the smoke and mirrors fiat magic show but given an impending crisis is obviously upon us, and I mean right now, not a future event, i think it very prudent to cover my behind with a rainy day plan or two for the day the wheels completely fall off this debt driven, dead economy.

4. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Yes, we the bulls believe in silver going sky high!

I think it will reach the 75 $ mark.

Only these high premiums are annoying...

5. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

Do tell us about the great historical performance of silver..

I'm almost 40 (3 weeks) & silver has spent most of my life around $5... How's that for historical performance?

6. Ok, I'll bite.
    An example would be......
    I have several Australian 1966 50 cent coins (similar to the pre 64 US silver half dollar)
    In 1966 I could fill my car with fuel with around 5 or six of these coins. (not even five dollars)
    Today, at the silver value of the same 5 to 6 coins I can still fill my car with this many silver 50 cent coins.
    If these were base metal coins, say 1967 ones, I would have just about enough for a small coke and a cheese burger but no fuel.
    Going on this example should indicate to you why, on historical performance such as this example, I prefer to keep my coin in silver and avoid cu pro nickel or paper "money."
    Did you keep the first 5 bucks you earned? Perhaps save it in your bank account?
    On your birthday in three weeks why not take out that nest egg and celebrate, treat yourself to a burger and fries with it.
    I know, when you earned it it was an hours wages but hey, it's still the same five bucks, right.
    I put my five bucks in silver, want to know what I could buy with it.
    I'll give you a hint, I won't be walking and I won't be eating at Macca's, I will be driving to a nice restaurant in my car with my family.
    Enjoy your walk and your fries.

Then there is my Roman ancestor Flavius Incognitus.
    He earned one silver denarius a day and kept his first days' pay.
    I inherited that silver denarius and it's still worth a days' wages two thousand years later.
    Need I go on? I could do this all day.

7. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

That argument has been shot so full of holes so many times it isn't even funny..

Since we are going with WHAT IF'S

Do tell us what those same coins invested in an index such as the DJII or S&P 500 would be.. Don't forget dividends.

8. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

Since we are using the time machine to go back to when silver was in coins,i'll take that fiat dollar invested in the market for the past 50 years..

It's really easy to play the what if game with 20/20

2 years ago your silver coin was worth twice as much as it is today.

9. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

I also don't think you understand the definition of Historical Performance

Or perhaps you do & couldn't respond factually so you built a strawman and knocked it down.

10. I think you will find I have a good understanding of definitions.
    I do not dance to any one else's tune and will reply in which ever way I see fit.
    As you are now off on some other tangent desperately trying to prove a shaky point in your agenda to rubbish silver investors I see no point in continuing this conversation with you.
    Besides, my family and I are on our way out to a great meal.
    Hey, was that you we just saw?
    That disheveled, hungry looking guy counting his coins outside Macca's. :lol:

11. mike titanic

mike titanic New Member

To answer the question posed...I dont see silver going below $15/oz.At the moment,I am enjoying myself by buying pandas,CMLs,ASEs,elephants,libertads,ect at very attractive prices.If silver stays in a range of $15-$20 I will continue to buy rolls by the handful.If the price stays stagnant for a few years I will have alot of .999 to refine into objects d' arte.

12. Here's a true precedent which influences my investment plans.
    My brother invested solely in the stock market and was always trying to convince me to do the same.
    I invested mainly in real estate.
    My brother initially did quite well as did I.
    I will not go into the whole life story but skip to the present day.
    I am comfortable with a secure future.
    My brother, a former stock market investor and millionaire, now lives on the streets of Brisbane and eats in homeless shelters.
    What do I consider those invested coins to be worth?
    Unless you were a very savvy stock market investor (my brother thought he was) or very lucky, probably both, that money would have been lost many times over by now and likely would have become a liability rather than an appreciating asset.
    We all have our own ways of getting through life and some of us are successful while others are not.
    What works for me may not work for you and vise versa which does not necessarily mean one way is better than another.
    Different individuals obtain different results.
    I have strategies in place based on personal observation and life experience.
    Fortunately for me I have limited the harm of my many mistakes and maximized the benefit of my good decisions, one of those decisions is PM investment and so far, in comparison to alternatives I may have chosen, I am pleased with the results and the future potential.
    You, my friend, sound a little like my brother these days.
    Bitterly disappointed and ready to have a piece of others who are enjoying the fruits of success.

13. I initially saw Panda's and other high premium silver as over priced and avoided these in favor of generic rounds, junk and bars.
    Now, with the price so low, I am also buying these at bargain basement prices.
    I am so glad I held off buying Panda's and Britania's etc until now.
    Enjoying myself immensely as well. :)

14. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

Kinda shocked to read that.

I guess we are just 2 different type people.. My 93 year old grandmother gets to enjoy a different family member sitting with her each day because we love her so much we refuse to put her in a nursing home.

15. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

I'm sorry I stooped so low as to attack you like you did me,instead of my facts.. It was petty of me & I apologize. I's none of my business if you lead a wonderful rich life & choose to let your brother live on the streets.

16. Low punch pal, but a good diversion from a losing position. You have obviously done this dance many times before :mad:
    I've been around long enough to recognize this particular tactic and it's wasted on me.
    I love my family and would do anything for my brother but he refuses help and chooses to live as he does.
    I am done with your baiting and personal attacks. If you want to take your frustrations out in public why not do it elsewhere.
    This is a polite and friendly community here which I enjoy.

17. Dustin

Dustin New Member

You forgot a key rule: Don't feed the trolls.

Harsh assumption bama, to say that sb cares not for his brother's well-being.

19. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Could always press the report button. ;)

20. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

So why are you buying silver at $20 if you think it's going to $5 ?