New to the game of bullion and a big hello.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by klacey, Jul 10, 2013.

1. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

IMO being debt free should be the #1 goal for everyone at this time.. I actually DO think fiat is where you need to be right now if given a choice of fiat or silver. I love silver but I really can't see the pros outweighing the cons at this time.

I'm sorry but I don' subscribe to any of the far fetched arguments of confiscation,manipulation,comex default etc...

2. Hi klacey.

I think you have some excellent advice in this thread, strangely, most of it harmonizes which is usually very rare.
    There are more opinions on silver than there are ounces above or below ground.
    This thread should be a sticky IMO.
    I wish I had this much info from the start.
    So for my two cents worth I would simply say you have picked an excellent time to take a chance with silver investment.
    Yes, it is taking a chance but long term I firmly believe you will have no regrets.
    The situation in the UK gives the distinct impression that very bad times are ahead and a diverse plan for the future is essential I believe.

3. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

Hi Kevin, it's always great to see another UK stacker coming to the site. I am a new stacker as well, started about 4 months ago. There are a lot of guys in Australia and the US. But other places seem to have just a sprinkling of stackers. I am hoping that this site becomes more popular with UK stackers so that the UK trade sections becomes more popular and we can all start trading between ourselfs like they do in Australia, there must be more of us UK stackers out there somewhere. Welcome to the site.

4. Silver Bullion Boy

Silver Bullion Boy New Member

Hi and welcome, some interesting thoughts here! All I can say is I'm a stacker and I'm addicted, good luck and have fun stacking!

5. Eruaran

Eruaran Member

Welcome to the good ship SS. :)

6. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

Not a permabull. . I just think we are going lower at this time.

Good advice. I would take anything ANYBODY says with a grain of salt.

I'm not sure theres a requirement to join but i'll play... I like to read all views on silver or any other investment I make in case I missed something.. Forums can be a treasure trove of information if you weigh all you read.

7. klacey

klacey New Member

Thank you all for the very nice welcome. Like some some have said, buying silver in the UK seems to be very small business. Atleast it seems that way. Most of the people i have spoken to about this, friends and family all think its weird. But yet they dont undersand the protental. Im at a stage of life where im debt free and in a position to take a risk and its a very small risk.

I want to say a big thank you for the advice, you can never learn to much. Advice whether it is good news or bad is still something to think about. But im just going to try and enjoy it and see what the future will bring. I could lose, break even or hit the jackpot somewhere down the line. No one knows till it happens. :)

8. markcoinoz

markcoinoz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome klacey,

You are in a good position Kevin.
    Have a job and debt free.

That puts you way in front of a lot of people.
    One thing I like about stacking Silver, similar to Gold, it's very liquid if there was a need to sell some.
    In the meantime, enjoy the wonders and beauty of Silver. Its usefulness for industrial purposes is outstanding.

Keep Stacking. :)

9. Lurkalot

Lurkalot New Member

Welocme to our virtual world, klacey. Don't forget..... Tuesdays are SS BBQ night, and Friday nights are poker time at GP's mansion.

Advice? Well, as a UK stacker I would be thinking more about gold than silver right now. Unless that is, you can get silver in to the UK without 20% VAT.

I have my core stack of silver but I wont be buying any more. I'm heavily into Sovereigns at the moment.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey lurkalot, who's the guy in your avatar? He looks familiar

11. Lurkalot

Lurkalot New Member

12. chrissilver

I was thinking about this recently, but decided against buying gold at the moment, I am waiting for it to pull pack slightly further, I still think there is a good chance it could drop a lot. Silver on the other hand seems to me to be very much nearish the bottom, and even if it did drop it can't drop as large a % as gold could right now.

The 20% VAT for us in the UK sucks.

13. Bullionman

Bullionman New Member

Silver is the way forward I think. Welcome

14. Eruaran

Eruaran Member

Welcome klacey! :D

15. klacey

klacey New Member

Hey thank you all so much for the warm welcome, its really great to be a part of the growing silver stacker trend. I got a nice little collection of coins coming, i think 7 in total. Most of it is brought and stored with Bullionvault. But i just love the coin designs. i think im really going to enjoy this as a hobby as much as investment.

16. chrissilver

It's deffinitley addicting, I started just as an investment, but now also regard it as a hobby. You will have fun here.

17. klacey

klacey New Member

Thanks Chris, noticed you have a youtube account. Will take a look when i get home later. :)

18. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Started as a little investment, continue as a hobby, became addicted to silver in the end. ;) :) (talking for myself :) )

19. 10ozhound

10ozhound Active Member

Welcome Kev.

It's all gambling, we back AU & AG to give us a constant gambling buzz. Watch the charts roll along, celebrate when it increases, buy more with some spare fiat and drown our sorrows as she dives like a crackwhore in an alcove.

But bloody hell, it feels good to hold some weight either way.

20. klacey

klacey New Member

Hi 10ozhound, have to admit owning silver coins and being able to touch and see them makes me feel wealthier then notes ever did, 20 feels like 20. Sound weird, maybe. Maybe the whole 'if you cant touch it, you don't own it' statement i heard is playing on my mind. :lol:

I must say i have pecked at the chart, watching it go up and down. Going woo just made 20 in 3 minutes, oh wait, nope im down 10. Its fun, atleast with small numbers that i have right now. :lol: