What Kookaburra's to collect first? Come and see...

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by barsenault, May 30, 2013.

1. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

100? Damn. I best start saving up, so I can out horse you. I will definitely be getting 20, but not sure as to what my financial situation will be in Sept. I am going to China in a month to start a business, so I will need a lot of money for this, plus I have my eye on some other investments, so I don't see myself buying huge quantities just yet :(

2. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Hey did you notice that wsd reneged on the 45.00? I wonder if anyone really got any for 50.00. Too funny. China? Wow. That is great. Sounds like a great venture. Congrats. I'm HOPING to get a 100 IF they wow me, and IF I have the money. I just bought 5 2008 banknote silver gilded pandas, and those ain't cheap. LOL. We just brought home a baby girl from china 2
    weeks ago. The biggest blessing of our family!!

3. kcaven

kcaven New Member

Ive gotten in on the 5 oz ATB coins-per oz they are better than 1 oz ASE IMO........
    Well, I was going through them the other night and noticed my 2012 Hawaiin Coin had "gone on vacation"
    After getting over being pissed off, then I got upset about it and set out to replace it. EVERYWHERE I looked there were NONE for sale. Ebay had ONE for $535.........if you cant find it on ebay thats not a good sign.
    Well today I went down to the only certified US Mint store in town and I got their last Hawaii coin for TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE BUCKS!!! Disappointed that I have so much sunk into that coin but glad the set is intact again. And I might still find it..........like I find stuff around here all the time-
    About a month ago I found EIGHT POUNDS of 90% silver under the sink in my bathroom............LOL
    After the 5 oz I would go with Pandas-I picked up a 6 pack of 2012 first strikes-5000 of them on the planet.

OH MY GOD..........I FOUND THAT MISSING 5 OZ ATB HAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO
    Pandas here I come (got my money back)

4. chrissilver

Yea, who knows if anyone did. I just checked on eBay those '2008 banknote silver gilded pandas' definitely aren't cheap!

When I have spare capital in the future I would like to buy and sell semi numismatic coins, it's an enjoyable hobby. Just wondering how easy it is to sell large amounts of these coins, especially as I am in the UK. Not that many stackers and collectors here.

China should be a pretty awesome place to visit, not sure how nice it will be to live there for a while.

You adopted a baby girl from China? Congratulations! Why China though?

5. kcaven

kcaven New Member

I saw a picture the other day-and its not the first time its happened-TEN THOUSAND people lined up to buy chinese coins IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY!!!!!!!!
    You should be able to get some NICE deals!!
    and Congrats on the new addition to your family! Best Wishes to all of you!

6. kcaven

kcaven New Member

OH MY GOD..........I FOUND THAT MISSING 5 OZ ATB HAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO
    Pandas here I come (got my money back)

7. [Kr]5s14d10

[Kr]5s14d10 Member

8. chrissilver

9. [Kr]5s14d10

[Kr]5s14d10 Member

Thanks Chris, really appreciated.