"Blood in the streets".

Discussion in 'Gold' started by JulieW, Jul 2, 2013.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just thinking.

Baron Rothschild, of the Rothschild banking family, is credited with telling investors the trick to making money is to "buy when there's blood in the streets."

For gold and silver that would be now I'd think.

If you were investing that is.

2. gazzahere

gazzahere Member Silver Stacker

Morning all,

The only problem with this blood in the streets bit is at which stage of the blood do we buy.

With my gold shares we are past the time of the blood being spilt, past the time of it congealing, past the time of it drying to a powder, past the time of it being rained on and going down the drain -

We are now at a stain only left ----

Do I have to wait until I can barely get a DNA sample?

Gazza

3. G-Log

G-Log Member

Has there ever been a time when there wasn't blood on the streets? :(

4. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

Didnt buffett say buy when other are fearful and be fearful when other are buying?

5. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

I would wait for next week before calling anything... we have 4th july holiday and NFP on Friday which is going to be interesting/an excuse for a smackdown

6. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

I have trouble understanding the psychology of the present PM market? With this much global uncertainty pervading everyones thought's on a daily basis. Then I would've thought that there'd be a stronger demand & therefore higher value for safe haven investments. Gold is the obvious one. Silver if you consider the potentially stronger upside. Perhaps then we're looking at Govt. sponsored market manipulation? Doesn't make any sense to me otherwise.

7. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think it's no longer about logic or common sense.

I try to see it more from market sentiments.

By the looks of it, there's still some possibility of it decreasing further. Especially if it rings true that the Fed do taper their QE and somehow raises interest rates.

8. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

I'm not going anywhere near PMs until I see what happens with the debt ceiling in September......After that I will still wait a while either way........ I seriously doubt that Obama is going to let the U.S default.

9. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Seasonally and cyclically end of sept is going to be a high, yay expensive horses... just call me gai

10. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

I think every pm stacker should be seriously cautious in the next few months......prices could drastically reduce, only time will tell though.

11. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

you sure are slow in grabbing an opportunity mate :lol:

anyway, i seriously doubt whether Obama, or whichever puppet is supposedly in charge in Washington will have the ability to decide whether- and when the US defaults...
    that will be up to the rest of the world, and it will happen at the rate of a suppressed fart finally finding freedom :lol:

12. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

lol - you're actually quite amusing!

so what if the prices still "drastically reduce"? unless of course you're a trader planning to flip soon.

What if the prices "drastically increase" in a short space of time???

13. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

I honestly doubt it. Not unless the entire industry blows up and everybody decides that they don't want any more gold or silver. This is a bottom. There's little doubt in my mind. Might test the lows again but I think we've seen the drastic reductions already.

14. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

According to Lindsey Williams 'elite' friend, when Bernanke - or presumably his successor - mentions interest rates rising in a speech then the game is over. Immediate collapse of the derivative market and general economic terror around the world.

Look at how fast 1987 dropped - or 1929 - and see if you'd have had time to complete your plans when SHTF.

Personally I hope to only need to bring the washing in.

15. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

Not really concerned too much if Silver goes to $15 or $25. I would be quite happy to see it go to $15 so i can buy even more, but that is all.

In my view physical possession is what matters, and I will buy no matter what the price, as I am convinced it will remain an insurance policy and outright inflation hedge.

I fully expect silver will go to well over $200, and possibly much higher than that. The blood will not be in the streets until after SHTF Day, and the share market is 20% of todays index. That will be sometime in the next 12 months.

JMO

OC

16. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Japan raised their debt ceiling to 20T and they're economy is still going twenty years later..... Don't fool yourself into thinking the U.S are definitely going to default.... They WILL NOT let it happen..... QE to infinity and beyond I say!

If the debt IS raised you may have to wait at least 3-5 years for pm prices to increase and be profitable again? I'm Glad I sold ALL of my metals a few months ago back at 1700 and 25... I really needed the money too and am broke again atmo.

17. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

Wrong thread... Woops.

18. gazzahere

gazzahere Member Silver Stacker

Evening all,

I haven't got a clue where pm's are going short term - but, I know one thing - if the USA doesn't continue to QE they haven't got a snowballs chance in hell of paying their interest bill.

If they have to raise interest rates - the problem goes turbo.

If they cut their costs enough to meaningfully cut down the interest bill - the country will descend into anarchy within days.

I fully agree they won't default - but there is only ONE way to avoid default, anarchy and mayhem - PRINT.

Any talk of slowing QE is just plain crap.

They would love to do it, but they have no idea how to - why. Because every way possible spells disaster.

So, it's QE to infinity or???!! End of game.

I would not be surprised if as soon as Ben walks out the door the whole house of cards collapses - you see it all the time when ceo's depart, why not this time?

Europe? Don't even mention it.

Gold? Well, do you think it will be valuable in 20 years?

My bet is a very clear yes.

Have a great night all :)

Gazza.

19. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

20. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Interest rates will rise whether they want them to or not. Market forces will dictate interest rates, not the Fed. The U.S. moved from long to short bonds to lower interest rates which worked for a time but as banks start falling and the focus turns to U.S. debt levels, each new issue of short bonds will have to offer higher rates to attract buyers. Interest rates in the U.S. will move extremely fast when it comes time soon due to the short bonds. They will have to offer extremely high rates on the long bonds if they wish to sell them. As I have already written, the banks control the money and they hold the debt. Printing money will cause them to lose a lot of money which is not going to happen. QE has an end. The only way it can be introduced is the total failure of U.S government, this would also mean your gold will be worth squat because society would be broken down and there would be no market to buy or sell and no one to protect you even if you had tonnes of it.....don't cheer on the QE.....gold will rise without it anyway..