Looking at making a purchase..... help please :)

Discussion in 'Silver' started by jamesgonewild, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Yes, and if the price is driven to $6 you can buy all your 'eithers'. Nice solution to the question eh?

2. shawn120

shawn120 Member

If you're looking at 10oz bars check out the OPM bars. Provident is having a free shipping special if you buy at least 1x10oz. They are selling for $208.28 USD. Not sure how that special works for international shipping but maybe worth a look?! Here is the link: http://www.providentmetals.com/opm-10-oz-silver-bar.html

3. Numismatist

Numismatist New Member

Provident don't ship to Australia so trying to order from them would be pointless :(

4. Guest

Guest Guest

1x 100oz bar. With the savings buy an extra ounce or 2.

No gold seeing as the GSR is so high

5. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I picked up a few of these bars during the special sale that Provident was running a few weeks back....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ9XTeoMBfc

It's not my video but the author did take advantage of the same sale I did. I actually like these bars and they do stack well in my opinion.

6. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

Id go with a 1/2 oz gold and 2 kilo bars. Silver seems to be the better buy but gold aint looking shabby either. Plus it doesnt hurt to diversify your stack.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Personally I don't think the GSR can get much higher meaning I think it's a good idea to buy silver and swap later for some gold to diversify when the GSR gap closes again.

8. Sargeant Argent

Yeah I know what youre saying but if you look at a 10-20 year chart 63/1 isnt that high. I believe the ratio will close but buying a bit of gold is hedging against the ratio falling further.

I personally think silvers the better buy right now but I tend to be wrong often. However its debateable that gold is closer to its cost of production than silver so who knows which will bounce back best if at all?

9. Parrots

Parrots New Member

You want to buy silver and you want others to tell you what you should buy.

Buy what you like best.

10. Northerncoins

Northerncoins New Member Silver Stacker

I wouldn't buy much right now except for some low mintage semi numis or some proof coins if you really must buy that is, silver and gold are going down and the bottom is still no where in sight, atm anyway.

11. Sargeant Argent

Short term Id say sure but if it goes below production cost physical could be damn hard to find. Plus the AUD and CAD are also dropping so last week may have been the bottom in the 19s. Then again 15 / 1000 isnt out of the question.

12. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

I think 3 kg bars would be better than a 100oz, because you can easily sell part of them, plus probably more buyers for 1kg than 100oz bars as they are less oz, not everyone can drop the money to buy 100oz bars, plus if the silver price in the future end up being extremely high, they will be even harder to sell.

If you wanted semi numis you could wait until September, and buy some Perth Mint Lunar Horses.

13. Northerncoins

Northerncoins New Member Silver Stacker

The problem with production cost of silver is that silver is mined as a byproduct by alot of mines when they mine for gold, copper etc , so I don't think that production cost of silver will be a big factor in spot price unless it falls to something silly like $5 or $6 spot. Even then they could just stock pile the unprocessed ore until prices or demand increases. Its all controlled by the markets anyway , as much as I hate how markets are manipulated it is what drives the spot price of PMs, all we can do is ride the wave up or down.