Goldman Sacs $1,200 Prediction Correct, Now $1,050 2014 Gold Forecast

Discussion in 'Gold' started by Silver2012, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Silver2012

Silver2012 New Member

Back in December 2013, Goldman Sachs predicted a "turn in the gold bull market" and predicted that the prices would fall to $1,200. Many people believe that the major crash in prices that we have been seeing ever since was sparked by this call as discussed in the video below.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9-Ya0MKDvk[/youtube]

Since then, gold and silver prices have been on a major crash course. The metals have corrected immensely posing a great opportunity for investors to find the lowest prices online in three years. But now, Goldman Sachs has made some new price predictions about the yellow metal, forecasting a gold price of $1,050 by 2014. Watch the video below to hear their most recent statements regarding their outlook for 2014.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4Yt8BPW8gU[/youtube]

2. G-Log

G-Log Member

Goldman Sacs should shut their mouths. Isn't 'prediction' another word for 'predetermination' in the sense that their predictions are governing outcomes. If GS said gold price $3000 oz by 2014 then gold price would reach that target. Self-fulfilling prophecies is what we are potentially talking about here.

3. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

even with their ability to move the markets they are no better then cockroach walking around my house

if for every bad prediction one of the analysts would made get rid of one hand - all the stuff of GS would be single handed ))

4. 10ozhound

10ozhound Active Member

^Or you could take heed and be a realist in this situation instead of waving your pity flag.

5. ha55sh

ha55sh Member

I hate to say this BUT looking at 1050 in 2014 is predicted too far away... Its going to happen sooner than that.
    Majority of the companies in the US will have their annual results by september.

6. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hmm. Gorilla trying to determine the prices.

I wouldn't discount the possibility of 1050.

7. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

8. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Even at those prices... I just can't see myself doing anything other than buying...is there something wrong with me? :(

9. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

QE to infinity will be confirmed again before then, Bubbles will be gone, he's just making sure the headlines look nice for him before he departs.

10. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Maybe they are just trying to put you off buying in the short term...

Who would be mad enough to buy gold at these prices if the experts say you can get the same thing later in the year at a massive discount?

Could be a double bluff ?!

11. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes. It's a disease, that will pay dividends in the long term. :)

12. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Incidentally, in the 2nd video, the narrator screwed up major. He claimed that gold would drop to $1000 by end of this year, 2013....that's a year short of the GS prediction.

Also, it's insane for the narrator to cry about what GS is doing....he's not going to stop them from making these types of announcements. If he was smart, he would instead take the info he has and if he truly believed the cause and effect as he asserts, move his money according to those beliefs.

13. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

With these forecasts and price going down, less and less will buy gold. Of course, this in turn creates lower and lower prices.

14. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

So GS must already know whats going to happen to the debt ceiling later in the year then if they seems to know so much, that being that it will be raised. There is no U.S default coming for at least a decade.....Therefore, there will be no need for PM's to be used as a safe haven or investment tool?

15. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1
    If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. :)

16. Numismatist

Numismatist New Member

I reckon for most of us Aussies we won't be able to enjoy the full fruits of low $1000ish Gold as our currency is dropping like a rock against the USD. So any price gains are wiped out by currency movements :(

17. menotcrimex

menotcrimex Member Silver Stacker

My forcast of $1377 turned out to be a resistant point, the low at that time went about $56 lower I think.

So if the same pattern follows and my number now is $1111 then $1055 may be the next low and bounce back to $1111 fairly quickly? Time will tell although id be pleased to be wrong in this case and see it rise from here.

18. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

A couple or so weeks back i said the low would be $1050. Don't know exactly when, but I'm sticking with that number.

19. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes there is something wrong with you but not your penchant for buying PM's.

I'm a silver stacker and my logic at the moment is as follows:

1. If PM's go up, I've bought big on the dip so it's okay.

2. If PM's stay the same, I'll keep buying on the dip so that's okay.

3. If PM's go down it's because the USD is perceived strong and thus the AUD will drop and maintain a relatively steady AUD PM price, so I'll keep buying on the dip and that's okay.

4. However if PM's drop more than the USD/AUD relativity, the balance between gold and silver will diminish and we will see the GSR move towards 30. I will keep buying on this new dip until It is appropriate to convert my silver into gold. And that's okay as i"ll have twice as much gold as I could swap today which will effectively give me a 100% return on my silver which is better than okay.

20. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Volatility - for what it's worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gnMilKywOw

Sinclair states that gold will trade to $4,990 in the coming bull run prior to settling into a role as currency for the beginning of the greatest economic expansion in history.

Sinclair states that the coming volatility in gold (& silver) will be unprecedented, with $1500 swings in the price of gold prior to full valuation being achieved, and gold's new status as global currency beginning.

For the first time, Sinclair gives his target for full valuation of gold of $4990/oz, and states that the return of gold to a global monetary role will usher in the greatest economic expansion the world has ever seen. Source: www.SilverDoctors.com