The only profitable silver investment I have made.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Silver bullitt, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

No way man, no one beats Chuck. That was just in a movie where Bruce Lee beats him.

2. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

I'm not quite sure how to put this, because it's going to sound harsh and/or nasty - which is completely the opposite of my intention - so please forgive me in advance if this doesn't "read right" as it were.

Let me first say, I hear you, and there was a time when I felt absolutely the same way. It's because we're conditioned to value everything in terms of "money", and we're conditioned to think the higher the number, the better it is.

Lemme give you an example (not that I think this way, but I'm sure some do)... "My car is worth $50,000, and it must be better than so-and-so's which is worth $30,000". "The value of my gold/silver is going down, it was $25.00 a few days ago, it's now only worth $22.50".

From the day you are born, you are taught, and you live in an evironment that encourages this exact "level" of thought.

This is the way you are supposed to think, along with the fact that you must attend school, learn much, get a degree, get a job/run a business, work 40 hours a week, suffer a heart attack in your mid 50's, retire at 65, and consider yourself lucky to have a few years of reasonable health left with which to enjoy yourself.

Now, granted, learning stuff is fun (school), but it's mostly spoon-fed information - there's no real "discovery" in that learning. Getting a degree may have some fun aspects to it, but most all I hear nowadays is involving a lot of stress and expectation. And sure, one would go stir-crazy sitting around doing nothing all week every week, but do we really all enjoy our jobs THAT much?

It's time to stop and consider a few things. Does one really need to go to work 40 hours a week for 45 years of their life? If you really boil it all down to nuts and bolts, what you really NEED is a roof over your head, and a square meal a day. Does that automatically mean you have to do all the above? I'd say no.

And - the same applies to PM investing. There's only so much silver, and so much gold on the face of the planet. Not even enough silver (if I recall correctly) to give every person one ounce! So, if you have 20, 50, 100 or even more ounces, how truly precious is that? Do you really think the current price of this metal is a reflection on it's true value?

All of this is a round-about way of saying - stop looking at this in terms of fiat currency (which doesn't know it yet, but it too will be like a Dodo - extinct), look at it as an ounce of silver. Consider it's rarity. Consider the long history of this metal, both industrial and precious, and truly consider what you have stacked aside. One day we will run out of silver - what will you swap yours for then?

3. Scyb

Scyb Member Silver Stacker

Totally captures the essence of the importance of a paradigm shift

4. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Dont worry, You should be happy at the great buying opportunity and Back the truck up

:p

5. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Hakuna matata!

Don't worry so much. Stress is one of your worst enemies! Even worse than inflation. It will eat you from within. Slowly.
    F**k it!

Try to follow "hakuna matata" philosophy. There are many more important things than having enough money/good silver price. Sure it's good to be financially "independet" but sure you have friends/kids/wife/etc. than mean you more than anything else. Looking 10, 15 years into future will only brings more plans that won't be realized (unless you are really lucky)...

I would give away all of my silver and never purchase 1oz just to marry Monica Bellucci... ;)

6. Chillidog

Chillidog New Member Silver Stacker

Metals is my only vise that I have something to show for.
    The rest disappeared in wine, woman and song.

7. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

it will go up one day, not sure what day though.

my theory sell any silver you can now for a profit, keep the rest and pray hard :)

remember the rest of the word doesn't care about silver today, stocks in other things are doing well, our dollar is dropping which will be good for home grown business so hyper inflation I wouldn't hold my breath.

8. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Lucky you! :) My stomach can't "see" wine, I sing like stone (howling of wolfs sounds better) and with women have no luck. Hopefully Monica Bellucci can still divorce one day.... :p

9. Thanks for the encouraging words and deep down I know this is right.
    Just longing to take the truck out of reverse and hit the road fer a while, see some country side.
    I got 18 forward gears and one reverse and I want to move on.
    Good analogy for me as I used to drive trucks and loved the freedom of the road.
    I hated being stuck in dusty freight depots looking for a load to get me back home for a few nights.

10. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

11. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

yep looking at the chart I have there have been two spikes in 30 odd years bit too long for me to wait I think, silver is good for day trading if you understand its flow but raw is a bad investment in my book, hope I am wrong but facts do point to bad.

I will add to that if you have heaps of cash then money can be made or trading big amounts, but for little fish like me well keep a bit in a shoe box and hope hard :D

12. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Silver is not liquid in this market unless you had bought silver pre-2008. Silver may be at the beginning of a long term correction right now. If you bet the house on PM's post 2008 and now find yourself in need of real money, you may have to take a hit before you will see an glimmering on the horizon.

13. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's all pure speculation as to where it's going.
    Could crash down, could shoot up.
    If you are in too deep, consider your exit strategy (something you have already figured out if you have thought about your investment in the first place). For many here it looks like the exit strategy is wait until the price goes back up to sell.
    There is really no point listening to what people think it's going to do.
    Re-assess why you entered in the first place and see if it's time to take your exit strategy or not.

14. pinkmanwhite

pinkmanwhite Member

15. One thing I have found that does help me during this very looooong "correction," which often seems to have no end, is calling my stack my savings rather than looking at it as an investment.
    Sure, it's not as liquid as cash but I do feel much better holding PM's than I do about holding cash, either paper or electronic.
    The simple strategy of changing the description makes things seem a little brighter and I am so glad I have not mortgaged the house to buy silver, nor have I 'spent" "invested" "put aside" money which is earmarked for something else.
    I can't afford to lose this money, or even a significant percentage of it, but it is not immediately needed either.
    Nothing like a play on semantics to make things seem brighter. :D

On another subject I was going to start a new thread on but perhaps someone on this thread could help.
    I have had an offer of 1966 50 cent coins at $9.60 ea plus postage with 5000 available, no minimum buy.
    I love these things and I have paid more than this for them in the past but are these available at better prices than this at the moment?

16. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-41504-for-sale-1966-round-50-coins-x-26.html
    http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-41356-fs-1966-fifty-cent-910-each-200-available.html
    http://forums.silverstackers.com/to...t-round-silver-coins-priced-920-per-coin.html

Recent sales on here have been around the $9-$9.20 mark

17. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Overpriced by about 50 cents I reckon.

18. SilverTouch

SilverTouch Active Member Silver Stacker

Don't worry it just went up $0.16....

Iv said it once and ill say it again.
    F######################ck this side ways move

19. Reggie Perrin

Reggie Perrin New Member

+1 to this statement... There's a great section on this forum that discusses Pandas, whilst other sections cater for/ discuss other Numi coins, they're well worth a read.

20. Yes, I should say also that I agree with this comment. +1
    Still finding my way around in the forum but there certainly is some very good information and discussion here. :)