Blue Gold? Why Not?

Discussion in 'Gold' started by TreasureHunter, Jun 11, 2013.

1. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

People would only think whats the point there will be a privy coin then a coin show limited edition then a ........... :lol:

2. gazzahere

gazzahere Member Silver Stacker

I think blue gold will come down to whether people like it or not.

Most jewellery is 9ct in Aus. 14 I think in the US - no problem with not being pure.

Rust? Garbage. Does stainless rust?

Rose gold has been popular for years and many prefer white gold - not my pref. but many.

Looks wise - I think the blue - at least in the piccie looks wonderful. It would really fire with some stones on the right skin colour.

Selling wise? Doesn't matter a zot - xrf and it shows what it shows.

We should all know one lesson - humans like colour and choice.

You couldn't give away pink diamonds in the past - now $1,000,000 a karat says times change.

Have a great day all

Gazza

3. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

Have you ever not cleaned your knife after fishing, yes it rusts

4. markcoinoz

markcoinoz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just as a Gold Bar being blue, I doubt it would attract much as an investment form.

Maybe instead of using Iron, why not use Tungsten? :p

5. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

For jewelry, sure why not.
    For investment, not sure what the goal would be... It's a lump of metal after all.

6. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

As a dreary chunk or blob of metal (bars and rounds) to stack, I don't see potential.

But for collector coinage and medallions, there's some real potential for gold color variations.

7. renovator

Investment grade bullion is .999 so i doubt theres a market for investors. like you say for jewellry sure but investment ......negative

8. gazzahere

There is IMO a very clear case for 'jewellery' in a stackers stack.

If you can wear it - it pretty much cannot be confiscated, end of story.

Also, you see lots of 'jewellery' that has been smuggled out of countries where you can only take limited wealth.

A solid 18ct brooch with say 4 sovs. Roughly welded to it is worth quite a lot of money - easily cashed in at a gold dealer and perfectly secure from legislation.

A dirty big blue gold chain could not be argued by law - it IS jewellery, same as yellow.

It makes zip difference stacking wise besides physical room.

Coloured gold opens up a lot more territory IMO.

Have a great night

Gazza.

9. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Interesting view!
    I always wondered what it would be like to take a few 5oz bars and daisy chain them together - does that count as jewelry? [​IMG]

10. gazzahere

Morning,

Bron has written a lot on this - personally, I think any serious stacker should research this and be across it.

Basically this gives the idea - it is an interpretation from the constitution

"http://www.bullionmark.com.au/gold-silver-confiscation"-
    australiahttp://www.bullionmark.com.au/gold-silver-confiscation-australia

Section 47 OK to hold wrought gold. As "wrought" means "made in a skilful or decorative way". I take this section to mean jewellery is exempt. I think this is potentially a significant loophole as those denied bars and coins would create demand for other forms of jewellery that could also be "tradable" that creative jewellers (or a creative Mint) would undoubtedly meet."

IMO your bunging a few 5 oz's together might not cut the mustard :), but, there are plenty of 100 plus gram chains around and whether they are yellow or blue doesn't matter a zot - if they are clearly jewellery - they are probably safe.

People say jewellery is not investment grade like bullion. I say that is crap.

I agree if retail prices have been paid and I agree if expensive stones are involved. But if it is basically metal?

Where is the difference?

If you walk into one of our sponsors and the xrf 3 oz. it doesn't matter if it is a mint bar or a chain - you get the same price.

It does, however, make a hell of a difference under not only constitutional law it also makes a difference under present day capital gains tax law.

So there is every reason for stackers to be across this legislation and perhaps rethink their views on jewellery versus bullion and maybe even, heaven forbid - blue gold.

Have a great Saturday all

Gazza

11. renovator

Gazza i think you said it all that you agree if retail prices hace been paid . I dont know where you will buy jewellry for spot with a small premium . & hence my take that its not a good investment .

12. gazzahere

Morning renovator,

The same place you want to sell it later.

Of course you will pay a little more - but that is the insurance for confiscation ----- and, the biggest one of all - tax free after the obligatory holding period as a personal possession.

Add to the fact that some stackers might have an easier time buying something pretty that madam can wear and the case certainly becomes arguable.

Have a great day all

Gazza.

13. argento

argento Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

14. blesbok

blesbok Member Silver Stacker

Current gold alloys and colors such as rose gold, green gold, white gold are pliable and can be remelted and hand rolled/worked to make a variety of items but blue gold has iron in it which makes it brittle. Ladies love changing/remodeling their jewellery but if the process becomes more of a challenge to your local jeweler then the price may increase drastically.

If I want blue or any other color in a jewellery item I would rather make use of enamels and stones.

Just a few things to think about.