Don't expect to pay the spot price!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by gazzahere, Jun 9, 2013.

1. gazzahere

gazzahere Member Silver Stacker

The most important words in this visual. Don't expect to pay spot.

Spot is becoming less relevant by the day. Isn't it amazing how a group of suspicious characters can set a price for a commodity to suit their own ends and have credibility.

If you want to buy silver, you just might have to pat the real price.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-18/visualizing-silver-squeeze

2. 5whiskey

5whiskey New Member

While I agree that Silver is cheap right now, and IMO is a good time to buy, I generally don't buy into flashy advertisements such as this. Call me a fuddy duddy, but such as this is what started a commodities bubble in the first place. As for the statistics... it reminds me of a quote by a famous author. There are 3 types of lies; lies, d__n lies, and statistics.

3. gazzahere

gazzahere Member Silver Stacker

Morning,

"ow, and IMO is a good time to buy, I generally don't buy into flashy advertisements such as this. Call me a fuddy duddy, but such as this is what started a commodities bubble in the first place. "

Hmmm, a couple of comments.

First up, it isn't an advertisement.

Second - what bubble?

Bubbles are characterised by a very clear manic phase at the end normally resulting in a precipitous fall. During the mania, every dinner table is full of the talk abut it and everyone has some, is buying more etc.

Did you notice that when gold hit $1900 or silver $50?

Nope, not a squeak - the vast bulk of the population didn't have a clue about the price even within 50% - not exactly a bubble by any historical standard.

Now, USA debt - now that's a bubble. Creation of USA dollars - a vertical northern line - now thats a bubble.

But even so, there are many that have no interest in it -------- yet. Wait until those two burst and you will see dinner tables alive with doom - way too late of course - just like bubble history.

Have a great day

Gazza.