Damaged Coins

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Chris423, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Chris423

Chris423 New Member

I have only ever bought coins from Perth Mint before, but wanting something different, i sprung for some Omnias and SBSS coins. I have never had an issue with quality before, but a handful of the coins I received today were looking a little worn. For the most part they are just a little scratched around the edge, but a few have small nicks, a few of of the SBSS coins have what looks like smudges and brown staining, and one of the omnias has an 'M' shaped scratch on its forehead. I am just curious if these damages are expected from other mints and it happens to everyone so i shouldn't worry, or if I just got unlucky with the hand I was dealt? And most importantly, would these small damages reduce resell value?

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. Chris423

Chris423 New Member

Thanks for the quick response.

I went from feeling disheartened to almost lucky after seeing the state some of those coins were in. Terrible quality control. It's a real shame too, some of the designs are great.

As for the Omnias, they were in the packaging already damaged. Still, only a small premium on them, so i guess im not too bothered.

Thanks for the help!

4. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

They are just low premium stuffs. Even nuie $2 some are damaged comes with omp.
    Doesnt bother me too much. Unless they are proof coins.

5. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy New Member

SBSS coins set the global standard for zero quality control and maximum transit damage. Plated copies are made with better quality control and shipped with better packaging than SBSS ever dreamt of.