Mint Sealed Sheet of Panda's Pricing Question

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Bit Baron, May 30, 2013.

1. Bit Baron

Bit Baron Member

Hi

Does a mint sealed sheet of 30 Panda's increase more in price compared to loose coins, which are still in capsules?

Regards,
    BB

2. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

A little maybe, not in general though--perhaps for grading purposes

3. Vredaren

Vredaren Member

The problem with sheets of 30 is that you need someone to purchase 30 in bulk, and people who buy bulk often expect, and rightly so, a discount since it's a bigger quantity purchase.
    My $0.02 would be if you are thinking of holding them for a long time just keep them in the sheet of 30 and separate for 30 individual sales when the time comes (unless someone offers to buy the bulk).

4. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

I have the same question having got a sheet of 30.
    Storage is a pain in the butt and I am tempted to cut the sheet up. With all the worries about fakes etc. there is a point in favour of holding onto the sheet as there will be buyers out there when the time comes to sell.

5. Silver Bullion Boy

Silver Bullion Boy New Member

I took all my pandas out their trays, IMO it will not do the coins any financial harm. There is hardly anybody here in the UK that's into graded coins in plastic slabs anyhows. Nothing like overseas, its just not caught on over here and to send them over to the States costs too much then there is all the hassle with shipping, customs etc. just not worth it!

6. Bit Baron

Bit Baron Member

It's good to know that keeping the Panda's sealed in the mint sheet won't increase their value.

It will definitely make storing them easier.

7. Silver Bullion Boy

Silver Bullion Boy New Member

I put them into an airtight container then into the safe. Also the original coins will always be that, so don't worry about taking them out the trays concerning authentication.

8. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

The only point I would make is from a grading standpoint they are more valuable sealed ,people who grade know the coins have not Been graded and culled and low grade coins put back in capsules and sold as never graded ,example : lets say a 2013 panda has half the population that graded ms 70 ,then someone could assume in buying a full sealed sheet to get somewhere in the vicinity of 15 of those coins grading ms 70 ,graded ms 70 2013 are apx 75 usd so that is quite a premium over original cost ,my vote is if at all possible leaf the sheet intact............