What's dropping PM's now?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by mmissinglink, May 14, 2013.

1. RT

RT New Member

I dont understand how either of these would be bearish to PM? Maybe in the very short term but if the FED couldnt buy bonds or prop up shares via QE everything would fall apart not to mention the US would default on debt. If Interest rates go up, its already said the US is past the point and are having to borrow money just to meet their interest payments whilst at the low levels they currently have. Once that point is reached, interest and principle start growing exponentialy, let alone if interest rates were to rise at all.

They are past the point of being able to use anything that resembles traditional economics.

2. CIRRUS

CIRRUS New Member

Personally I am almost past caring about the whys and wherefores of the pricing. While the market is falling the price is only an issue for those who need to sell to raise some liquidity. This is why you should never put money into metals you can't afford to miss.

I've picked up more Britannias and another couple of kilos on BullionVault because of the lower price. As I plan to hold my metal for many years I'm not worried about what's going on because I believe the price will recover and go higher than it has before.

When the equities bubble bursts those big investors who are riding the train to catch stock returns will jump off and into metal as a safe haven again. The price will rise substantially as the sheeple follow the high rollers.

If you intend to hold your metal for years rather than trade for quick profit, keep accumulating if you've spare cash to do so. These prices won't be here for ever but your stack will be :)

3. ewells

ewells New Member

I wouldn't count on it going higher than before unless we get another huge economic downturn. Which isnt likely for at least the next 10 years I would imagine. Im pretty sure we are eventually going to see $18ish silver as the new baseline soon. Maybe a bit higher. But who knows.