Newbi Question :S

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Leo, May 12, 2013.

1. Leo

Leo New Member

I have a few SE's in my possesion and want to sell them on ebay, I've never used ebay to sell nor do I have extensive knowleadge on how to send things via AUSpost.

If I was to sell my 2013 SE on ebay how do I post them to an address, what sort of package do I use, can I use an envelop? how do I know what it will cost to send it (nationally)

Yes I'm a noob, and I know it.

2. badhammy

badhammy Member Silver Stacker

:rolleyes:

Auspost.com.au
    Google.com.au
    Ebay.com.au
    Dictionary

3. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In addition to the utterly useless reply above, don't post them in normal envelopes as they're too flimsy. Get the ones with bubble lining on the inside and put the coin inbetween 2 bits of cardboard so it's hard to tell what it is.

Make sure you get tracking, it's only a few more dollars but worth it as it shows the coin has been delivered. Obviously prices will vary but best way to gauge is to see what the other sellers are charging for post or ask at your PO/check Auspost website

4. Leo

Leo New Member

That's actually great advice, thankyou!

5. Hawaiian Stacker

Hawaiian Stacker Member

you'd be better off by offering to sell it here for free on this forum instead of paying ebay's final value fee.

6. Coentrao

Coentrao New Member

Exactly - those ebay fees can eat away at your margins.

7. CIRRUS

CIRRUS New Member

I would prefer to trade direct than go through eBay. When you add in the fees to PayPal as well, it makes your selling prices too high. That said, there are people who seem happy to pay the higher price to buy online, so there's no harm in trying a few sales there to see how it goes.

Picking the right auction end time is important though. I've picked up some bargains that end at quiet times when at other times snipers seem to bump the final bid up a fair bit in the last minute. Buy quiet end times and time your sale for the busy periods to encourage more bidders.

--------

Although in the UK I'm hoping someone here may be interested in 10x 1oz ASE (2013) and 10x 1oz silver Maples (2013) which I plan to sell. All are mint bullion purchased from Atkinsons here in the UK and supplied in individual capsules.

I would prefer to buy from this site before selling, so if anyone has some full or half gold sovereigns or 1oz silver Britannias they want to unload do let me know. I would also be interested in any 1/4 or 1/10 gold Britannias.

8. pug

pug Member

I've never sold by ebay, but from what I understand there's quite a big cut that goes to the ebay and paypal.
    I think that's why ebay prices are so high, because sellers are just tacking that extra on to cover their costs.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

10. Leo

Leo New Member