Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Unasf, May 12, 2013.

1. Unasf

Unasf New Member

Things are really still in this panda forum, I think I can hear crickets...

I've been wondering why there has been such a lull the past couple of months. It's like everything
    is standing still, waiting for the crazy markets and pm prices to make up their minds.

I've been getting crazy pre-2000 MS69/68 silver panda deals this year, the buying is better than ever...

2. SliderC

SliderC Active Member

Where have you been getting your pandas

3. Unasf

Unasf New Member

From small auction houses, relatively unknown. I would not want to increase competition, so that's about all I will say.
    I have never sold pm's or coins, and I do not intend to at least for the next decade.

I think pre-2000 pandas are heavily discounted at times, compared to 2001-2009, considering the mintages! I have
    bought gorgeous coins (early MS68/69 NGC gradings) of sub 50k mintage silver pandas for less than $150. Compare
    that to an MS70 NGC 2010 silver panda 1oz with a million mintage routinely going for more than $150.

Even for all those bargains, nothing has beat the impressive gains of certain Bitcoin miner stocks. I'm up 23% in stock
    value after a month, with 7% per month dividends. And then again, that is nothing. The real money is in the speculative
    stuff like altcoin mining, with some people making thousands of dollars a day just with a couple of reappropriated FPGA
    boards lying around, a setup and go endeavour, passive income.

4. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've been stuck up in the Pilbara & wifi is sketchy at best, mining or at least exploration is starting to take off at long last.
    I've picked up some MCC bargains in the last few months, mainly historical figures for $260-$280 which I think is a bargain. Silk Road, pre-2000 pandas in silver, gold fractions have increased in price & gods(silver) are rising again.
    I think everyone is busy buying bullion!

5. Unasf

Unasf New Member

And I'm glad everyone is buying bullion, we gots to smoke out those low paper prices.

All has not been moonshine and roses though. I bought silver bullion at $43/oz, so that was bad.
    I also tried my hand at a bit of cryptocurrency daytrading, which was a disaster. Suffice it to say that
    patience is the mother of profit, and if you try to turn a profit every 12 hours in a zero-sum game
    like an exchange, then the outcome will be less than ideal.

Though, as all things in life, twas simply the price of tuition.

6. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree, patience is the key in all this!
    It can be nerve breaking at times, but these are just the rules of the game I'm afraid!

7. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

Hello and welcome : )

8. Unasf

Unasf New Member

That does seem very remote. I'm also just getting into mining myself. I depend on the natural regulation of mining incentive to keep things profitable
    in the long run. Good luck to you too.