Storage in foam box and tarnish?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverAteMyMonies, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

I reckon just stack the bars on top of each other and try not to move them so they don't rub and scratch.
    No stress, they are only bars and you can always do the alfoil trick on them if realy necessary ( i don't think so)

2. C.H.

C.H. Active Member Silver Stacker

Easier said than done. They're in small (cause they're heavy) carton boxes and get transported to and back from safe storage sometimes.
    So they need to be wrapped in something as they don't fill the box flush.

I know I can clean them later, just trying to prevent the hassle.

3. SilverAteMyMonies

SilverAteMyMonies New Member

I think it's PVC plastic that's bad for silver. Food grade plastic like zip lock bags, freezer bags, vacuum bags and the like are tried and true. Food vacuum sealers are great, and you can stock up on steaks too =D. I'm a big fan of the airtight snap lock containers too. Throw in a couple packets of your favorite desiccant (that stuff that's in packaged foods, looks like sugar, says do not eat) and you're good to go for long term storage.

But for arms deals and clandestine operations I need to figure out how to store in these briefcases. You don't look like an international man of mystery when your goods are wrapped like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that mom made for you.

4. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Then just put thin card or thick paper between the bars so it doesn't matter if they move and scrape each other.
    I sent some to Perth a while ago and the recipient didn't complain about my packing technique....

.... or you could just wrap them i guess.