I been stacking since 2011 is it time to PANIC

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Shaba22p, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Shaba22p

Shaba22p New Member

Silver price has been falling is it time to get out or hold for the long term stacker.

2. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

If you are holding for years, I mean like 5+ then I wouldnt be too concerned. If you are planning on selling within that time then, yes I would be concerned.

3. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Getting out you do before big dumps, not after.

4. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

5. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

If you feel uncomfortable with your silver, one solution I can think of is sending it to me. I will handle the rest.

6. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Mate, the truth is no once's got a clue... you could consider selling a bit now if you feel the urge.

7. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

:lol:

What ever it is. It is working.
    It is like earthquake. Temporary shock enough to make all concern.
    May be still there. Tsunami comes in two parts. Earthquake too.
    Gfc as well.

8. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy New Member

It's always to either get out or hold and it's always time to either buy or sell. The main difference right now is that all the Chicken Little types are squawking about how the sky is falling. Tomorrow they'll be squawking about the same thing or else they'll be squawking about something else. If you listen to them for long enough, you'll die of old age after having spent your entire life listening to them squawking.

9. Cimexus

Cimexus Member

Same story here - only started in 2011 so most of my stack is bought in the 29-34 AUD range. So obviously sitting on a massive loss ATM.

But then, I realized, I never had any intention to sell. Not now, not in five years, not in ten. It'll be something I sit on until late in my life, 40 years from now). Who knows what the price will be then. So no need to panic. Indeed, I was thinking of stocking up on some more yesterday seeing the huge plunge in price. But then I went to APMEX and noted they were sold out of most of the stuff I wanted! No ASEs, no 1 oz Kooks etc. Seems like everyone else has the same idea as me...

10. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

I am sure the price drop is to shake silver from the week hands as they put it, but either its not working with all the sold out signs or ampex or who ever don't want to take a hit on silver they brought before the crash, we can call it that I think.

or was it just a paper shake down ?

uuuuuuuuumm I would say hold and wait, fear drives strange emotions, and from what I have seen on TV, normal free to air they are endorsing the sell off, with comments like gold is no longer the safe haven.

think there are a few reasons this is happening, and it wouldn't be a shock to think its the big boys flexing their muscles and showing us who's boss, and if that's the only reason you don't sell, then I say that's bloody good reason!! in fact its the only reason for me.

anger and fear are given to us to protect us, instead of using the fear emotion which these people use on us to get rich, lets try the anger emotion which is there to say FYVM I am not giving you my money.

so a bit of inspiration :)

11. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

When you buy PMs you are participating in a war against paper currencies and those that print and control them. You are no longer a civilian but part of the infantry.

Do you know what they do to ground troops who panic in the face of the enemy?

12. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix New Member Silver Stacker

Well, obviously we won't shoot you for cowardice or desertion. However, why did you start stacking? Was it in expectation of prices continuing to go up and being able to sell at a massive profit? Or was it because you realised that increasing the money supply by 9% every year would eventually mean you could wallpaper your house with 50's and use 100's for toilet paper because the RBA was now printing 5k and 10k notes and you wanted something they couldn't print?

OR because it was shiney and you liked holding 10 oz bars in your hand and feeling that cold metallic feeling change to a warm feeling? :)

If you go in to make profit, too bad - getting out now ensures you lose. If you got in to get something they can't print to uselessness, what's changed?

Ask yourself why you got in and evaluate your future actions based on that. Don't ask us - every stacker has a different reason for stacking (albeit with large clumps of similarities). You are the only one that can answer your question.

Some words of wisdom (you'll recognise the source I hope) - "DON'T PANIC and always have a towel"

13. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What are you concerned about ? Over the past week all the real trade in PM has been "buying". The sales are from bets on silver and gold future prices. The price of the real thing will come back and I don't think you need to look at 5 years rather 18 months - 2 years is more realistic.

14. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I been stacking since 2011 is it time to PANIC??

Only if you've got no fiat now :lol:

15. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

yeh - cos like silver could be trading sideways from here for the next 4 years... :lol:

16. hennypenny

hennypenny New Member

I don't see evidence that the 2 year old silver bear market is over.

I agree silver might now quickly bounce back to say $25, but then it will most likely take another hit.

The tarot cards read death. Look at what just happened when the dow dropped a measly couple of hundred points. What would a thousand point drop do?

Be very afraid.

PS. Conflict of interest disclaimer: ok, I'm personally a small buyer now but that's only because I sold all my metal ages ago. :)

17. defargo

defargo New Member

Nope, no need to panic...I love it when the paper traders give me a good oportunity to buy actual silver at a decent price!

18. gbickle

gbickle Member

shoulda sold at $34 AUD and bought back at sub $22 .... This is much more likely a bottom than $34 was..

it makes no sense to consider selling now unless you really think silver is going to $18 or something (which would make it worth selling physical and buying back again with the premiums).

19. Eruaran

Eruaran Member

*puts on best Russian accent*

You sell to me. I give you good price. :cool:

20. MaC

MaC New Member

If you never sell you never loose ;)