Dealers - what can you report?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Matthew 26:14, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I ordered a few kilo bars from ABC Sydney in late 2008; 16 weeks later in 2009 it finally arrived.
    That's what you call a shortage :(

2. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

In US, silver eagles have a 3 week wait for delivery minimum, and the prices are now in the +$5 range. Most of the more sought after items have a couple week delay for shipping and the premiums are raised pretty much across the board. It's next to impossible to get somebody on the phone, unless you're willing to wait 20 minutes, as that's what I waited to speak with an Apmex rep about a payment. I didn't notice the premiums on gold changing, but some of the items are getting shorter in supply, but still available.

3. Chillidog

Chillidog New Member Silver Stacker

Not quite true with bullionburse, deliveries could take up to 4 weeks. Depends on what you buy.
    I ordered Monday morning and the order is in the hands of Australia post.
    Expected delivery Friday.
    Have to give them a plug. Great to deal with and the communication is awesome.

4. Mintaka

Mintaka Active Member

Ainslee Bullion had line-ups yesterday and today. They are rationing the purchase of silver because they just can't get stock from Australian suppliers.

5. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

World gone mad?

6. robertc400

robertc400 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1 While all the ^^^above is happening, the spot price is down, Mmmmmm

7. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Bullion Store Closed

Thank you for visiting the Ainslie Bullion Company bullion store. The store is currently closed for trading

8. ounces

ounces New Member

are all the dealers busy with people buying or are they selling back to the dealers???
    I wonder if the dealers just dont want to sell at these low prices because it might be at a loss ??

9. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix New Member Silver Stacker

Damn straight. Agree here completely. I too make the transfer within 5 minutes - in fact the Goldstackers tab is still open when I open the online banking in another tab. Deal is done and dusted. If the market moves down, then I scrounge some more fiat!

I saw that IceBlue has suspended trading due to people not living up to their word. Too much of that type of behaviour and no one will deal PM's as a business - we'll all be doing f-2-f deals.

10. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Maybe all the bullion dealers should build a black-list. i.e. Do not sell to (or buy from as the case may be). That way those losers will be locked out of most bullion deals except f-2-f or cash up front type orders.

11. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Same. Makes it easier to just copy and paste the invoice number into the description of the bank transfer.

12. AuAussie

AuAussie New Member

I know we're all sick of hearing the B word, but seriously consider using someone like Bitpay to accept order in bitcoins. Guaranteed exchange rate, NO way for people to cancel or chargeback, and you get your money in your bank account in AUD the next morning.

As an existing customer I'll use it. In fact I've bought using bitcoins from you before, you just didn't know it. (using a bitcoin to bank deposit service) ;-)

Edit: and with plenty of other US bullion sellers accepting bitcoin, it is a proven model with proven demand. Same types of people are interested in both bitcoins and PMs.

13. bloomst

bloomst Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I like the system that car rental use, putting down the deposit/bond money using credit card, and use reversal when no samage occured.

Maube use this for 10% deposit as a market loss policy...during volatile movement?

14. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hmmmmmm.... deposit/bond..... 10% to cover losss during volatility..... then wait for delivery.... :/
    And they say futures contracts have no credibility.... :D

15. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ainslie Bullion

Notice

Web Store Closed It is with regret that the web shop is closed until further notice. We will reopen as soon as possible. This decision has not been taken lightly. If we don't have it, we don't sell it. We would not close the web shop if we had sufficient stock to offer for sale, no matter the price.

Our current stock is almost exhausted. In the last week we have had 30+ clients waiting to be served personally, at any given time during the day. Online orders are being received faster than they can be processed.

After Easter 2011, we also closed the shop due to similar circumstances. Our long term clients will recall that historic time in the bullion market.

We are doing all we can to replenish stock as soon as possible. We have also temporarily engaged extra staff to assist with enquiries. However, we continue to be unable to meet the expectations of our clients, both in terms of telephone and on site enquiries,as well as product supply.

We regret the inconvenience that this event has caused and look forward to your continued understanding and support.

Geoff and Brian and the Ainslie Team

https://www.ainsliebullion.com.au/Home.aspx

16. Greenman

Greenman Member Silver Stacker

And yet the market stagnates @$22.50c Anyone would think there was something funny going on.

17. bloomst

I should probably clarify that I was thinking more of bond than deposit. For people who bail out...there should be a penalty for that. Heck, my physio charge 50% if I don't turn up to the appointment.

18. iceblue

iceblue Well-Known Member

AS far as a blacklist go's this is something a few dealers are looking into. FIRSTLY we must establish the LEGALITY of such a list, which IS being done.

19. bloomst

Fo dealers have industry assosciation? Maube something cpuld be organised centrally?

20. [Kr]5s14d10

[Kr]5s14d10 Member

I'm a bit miffed at the idea of dealers advertising items as "in stock" on their websites, when in actual fact the items are not "in stock" they can merely get them from their distributor/mint within the new "lead & delivery times" they are advertising of up to 4 weeks etc on their websites.